PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my MAF sensor to an Audi TT 225hp MAF sensor.

audiforums
02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
I got a 2001 a4 stock ecu for now and exhaust. I currently have the audi tt 225 injectors and fuel pressure regulator. Also have k03/k04 hybrid turbo. Now i want to put in the maf sensor from the 225.

Im wondering if anyone has upgraded their maf sensor and what their experience has been? Will it help gain power with the stock ecu or do i need to upgrade my ecu?

GOODBYNAAIR
02-27-2013, 03:21 PM
I dont know if any one has? I would say I dont think you see much difference (maybe worse) unless you get a tune. the car will still only be calling for stock specs its just alot easy now (air flow) more room to breath. Are you going to use the tt maf housing too or just the sensor?

Mad Cow
02-27-2013, 03:24 PM
You can't just swap MAFs, best case your car will run worse than before, worst case it won't run at all. Install whatever parts your tune calls for, anything else won't work. Don't think about swapping housings either, that will just make your car run lean, which could lead to detonation and a nice hole in a piston or the block.

ddillenger
02-27-2013, 03:42 PM
You'll need a retune. What file is on the ecu now?

catbed
02-27-2013, 04:03 PM
You can't just swap MAFs, best case your car will run worse than before, worst case it won't run at all. Install whatever parts your tune calls for, anything else won't work. Don't think about swapping housings either, that will just make your car run lean, which could lead to detonation and a nice hole in a piston or the block.

All bosch MAF sensors are the same, the housings are different.

To OP, you'll need a retune. MAF housing diameter is programmed into the software.

M-Hood
02-27-2013, 04:44 PM
All bosch MAF sensors are the same, the housings are different.

To OP, you'll need a retune. MAF housing diameter is programmed into the software.

Not all of the sensors are the same either, which is why there are part numbers with a different letter at the end even though they are the same MAF housing. This is how many A4 1.8t owners got into trouble when they tried running a really cheap sensor/housing from a NA VW.

catbed
02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Not all of the sensors are the same either, which is why there are part numbers with a different letter at the end even though they are the same MAF housing. This is how many A4 1.8t owners got into trouble when they tried running a really cheap sensor/housing from a NA VW.

Understandable. I should've clarified I was talking about the FI MAF sensors.