PDA

View Full Version : Wicked bad pull

PEACEIMAUDI
02-27-2013, 09:33 AM
ok so i need some help no one i have talked to knows whats goin on. first off i bought this car with a bad trans and i put one in it from my buddys car that he hit a pole in and i did front pads and rear rotors/pads and 2 days ago and happining still some times ill be driving straight and then the car will start jerking to the right like back and forth and then will pull out of it. wtf is going on ????

austinjmiller
02-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Bad wheel bearing??

PEACEIMAUDI
02-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Didnt think of that im goin to look into that

Mad Cow
02-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a partially stuck caliper, does it happen when you're not braking?

PEACEIMAUDI
03-01-2013, 10:32 AM
I noticed today that it did pull a little after braking. it dosnt do it all the time and i also noticed that when turning at a slow speed the wheel like kinda fights to turn back

contrldsub
03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
lift the wheel and see if the bearing is loose, look for play <-> and up and down. if its the bearing causeing that i bet its loose. if there is no play pull the wheel and take a look at your brakes. you could have a siezed up caliper. remove the brakes and check the pins that go into the braket for freedom of movement. while driving at speed do you get any noise while your turning the car to the left?

PEACEIMAUDI
03-01-2013, 01:14 PM
so i think i figured it out so the other day my fluid was low and and i was at work ( a ford dealer) and i used ford fluid to top it off and now i think it is causeing the pump to lock up every once and awhile. does that sound right?

Mad Cow
03-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Brake fluid is brake fluid, as long as it's DOT4 it's fine. If the ABS pump was working you would hear it.

PEACEIMAUDI
03-02-2013, 05:26 AM
so i did a power steering flush and it seemed to help for like an half hour and then it happined again idk whats goin on [headbang]

GreenFields1
03-02-2013, 06:06 AM
If your calipers are rusted to shit. Take them off steel brush them with a power drill head and then replace them. Honestly sounds like your caliper is seizing up. Bad wheel bearings could cause something like this but wouldn't really throw you around would be more of a whirring sound and a slight pull to that side. Also check your cv boots maybe one is tearing/torn. As for the brake fluid as said before but tbh I always use the recommended fluids for the car since I've seen others have bad experiences using other brands.

PEACEIMAUDI
03-02-2013, 09:07 AM
im going to be looking into everything my friend at the dealer said it could be my rack and pin seals are bad from the other fluid i put in but my caliper is rusty so ill try everything before i put a rack in it. also my cv shaft on the other side that its pulling from is bad (clicking) idk all i know is i need to fix this before the pregnant girl friend kills me for buying another cheap audi lol

GreenFields1
03-02-2013, 09:17 AM
im going to be looking into everything my friend at the dealer said it could be my rack and pin seals are bad from the other fluid i put in but my caliper is rusty so ill try everything before i put a rack in it. also my cv shaft on the other side that its pulling from is bad (clicking) idk all i know is i need to fix this before the pregnant girl friend kills me for buying another cheap audi lol

Well ur girl is definitely going to kill you now considering you bought a project car and its going to need a decent amount of TLC. Anywho your friend at the stealership doesnt know what hes talking about since you drained that shit out before any harm could of really been done. If it was that brake fluid your caliper would be completely stuck n braking would be close to impossible. Caliper is probably getting caught up on some brake dust that has built up with the rust. Also replace that cv boot otherwise ghetto rig it or ur going to have some serious problems to deal with down the road

PEACEIMAUDI
03-02-2013, 09:33 AM
it wasnt a project it had a blown trans so i bought it for $700 and got a $400 trans from my buddy drove it for 3 weeks and this happined and i ran the the super-x power steering fluid for like a week but it was only a top off and i just replaced the front pads and the rotors were still good no rust. and im replacing the cv tonight so...