PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Tips

Tanzimur
02-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Hey guys, recently bought a 97 Audi A4 1.8t unmolested and decided to join the audi crew. Well i noticed the dual exhaust tips and was wondering if anyone else had tryed to convert them into one single outlet, if so can you please tell me how. Not a big fan of dual outlets thanks!

- Tanz

1999blacka4
02-22-2013, 11:38 AM
If it is one pipe all the way back to the muffler. Then just the tail pipe are duals. Do a muffler delete and then just weld one pipe out the back. (2 feet of piping about)

Tanzimur
02-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Thnx for the reply, but no im going to keep the exhuast system for now but as for the mean time im trying make those exhuast tips that come out the back bumper into one pipe...

whistlinquattro
02-22-2013, 06:45 PM
if you're stock muffler is like mine, then it's just 2 pipes that run out separately from the back of the muffler. In this case, converting to a single pipe would be practically and realistically impossible if you wanted to keep the muffler. you would have to cut the 2 pipes right where they exit the muffler, then somehow integrate the 2 holes into 1 big hole in the back of the muffler. after that weld a pipe on and you'd be good. but that seems like tons of work and requires at the least a drill, cutoff wheel, grinder, welder, etc. why not just buy a new muffler that pleases and slap it in there?

Also just curious, why are you so concerned about you exhaust tips?

FishEyee
02-22-2013, 07:06 PM
yea thats just not gonna work... like whistlin said... its almost impossible and unreasonable to do that... just get another muffler like a magnaflow or something... converting to a single tail pipe wont change anything anyways besides the looks... welcome btw

Tanzimur
02-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys for the reply! And idk really why i just want a single output tips really lol, but if you guys can point me to a correct inlet outlet size muffler with a single tip i would appreciated it. Thanks!

BlackLock_A4
02-23-2013, 03:40 PM
yea thats just not gonna work... like whistlin said... its almost impossible and unreasonable to do that... just get another muffler like a magnaflow or something... converting to a single tail pipe wont change anything anyways besides the looks... welcome btw

Welcome yourself! lol

Tanzimur
02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
So can someone direct me to a nice quality cheap price muffler to give me the nice deep rumble, with one outlet instead of two Thanks!
-Tanz

ray4624
02-25-2013, 11:58 AM
magnaflow 2.25 single in and out
thats what ive got along with this tip
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n388/Ray4624/null_zps4538b331.jpg

Tanzimur
02-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Dang that looks good man not gonna lie but its decently loud? and can you give the the dimensions or the exact muffler thanks!

ray4624
02-25-2013, 07:41 PM
No idea the dimensions. It's basically the size of a 14815 bit with 1 tip. I did a res delete and it sounds real good.

Idk if I like the tip lol. My buddy had it lying around and gave it to me for free.
It's kinda unique I guess. Ideally I'd like to shave the rear bumper and do a turn down.

Tanzimur
02-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Nahh cmon, no need for a turn down you want that audi to look like a grand prix lol, but just get a circular tip and it'll look great, and on the res del. did u have any back pressure problem or any increase of power?

ray4624
02-26-2013, 12:16 PM
I mean this car is gunna be a dog regardless because I'm not gunna waste money on a big turbo. No back pressure issues because it's a turbo car. Didn't realt notice any difference in performance. Might notice something when I throw a test pipe on.

Tanzimur
02-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Ohh, my audi is a DD and ima wrk on it get it up to what i like and buy a bigger turbo later on, an i heard test pipes fukd alot of ppl over...

ray4624
02-26-2013, 02:50 PM
How would a test pipe screw someone over? Inspection? My state doesn't do visual so I jut have to get it coded out or run a spacer and I'll be fine