PDA

View Full Version : cold weather BOV users

redline380
02-19-2013, 01:21 PM
what grease are you running in yours? mine has been sticking open lately at times. i can hear air escaping, boost will stay at 5psi when it should be going up. then it snaps shut and starts to work. im guessing the grease isnt working the best as its been it bit chilly (-5 or so) lately. for what its worth, i run a forge 001 with 3000 miles on it. havent serviced it yet, so maybe i just have to add grease. either way, im looking for recommendations on a good cold weather grease that will help the bov operate as it should

Seerlah
02-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Running the same BOV with Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease (the red stuff) and functions just fine.

http://s18.postimage.org/7gy08czo9/mobil1grease.jpg

Dan[FN]6262
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
I need to do this.

I've only done it once, and I used the same stuff that Mitch has there.

Seerlah
02-19-2013, 02:37 PM
The Forge units need to be serviced right out of the box, though Forge claims it doesn't. This applies to the recirculation and blow off valves. My old 007 piston jammed on me like 2 months into ownership before, popped the hose right off it, left me with a huge leak, car shut off (stalled every time I started her, gave her gas, and let the revs drop) and I was left puzzled. With the help of this forum board I unplugged the MAF, drove her home, found the issue (piston was stuck), serviced her and all was good afterwards. Learned my lesson to grease from the start when I installed my 001.

redline380
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Looks like I'll be picking up a can of that stuff then

Should also mention its not a huge deal since I don't have an mad, but it just pissed me off that it should be working. I'm not blaming forge yet. I blame it on the cold for now

TConklin821
02-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Redline dude your sig made me start audibly giggling in math class lol thanks