PDA

View Full Version : P1517 Code

TJN0923
02-18-2013, 07:36 AM
So i've been having random problems with my 1.8t for about the past year or so. If i were to drive it, turn the car off, then try to restart it, it would sometimes not start up. The engine would just crank and crank. But the thing is, it was completely random when it did it. For example, my girlfriend and I went christmas shopping about two months ago, drove the car all day, and never had a single issue with it. HOWEVER, on our way home i was sitting at a red light and the car just randomly stalled out on me. I thought i perhaps let my foot off the clutch, but i didnt. After refusing to start about three times my car finally fired up, but with a very rough start. I drove it home cautiously and let it sit. The next morning it was fine. Now, i was away for a while and i had my mother driving my car to keep it running, and she said it did the same thing to her. But this time the Check Engine light came on. I Took a scanner to it and the code P1517 showed up. My questions to all of you tech savy individuals out there... what in the world is wrong with my car? Ecu? Short? i thought it may have been the Crank sensor (before CEL came on), so i already replace that, but it obviously didnt help. But any help is appreciated guys.

98A4TurboAWD
02-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Code tells you exactly where to look

kenny kustom
02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
P1517
AUDI-Main Relay Circ. Electrical Malfunction