PDA

View Full Version : Audi Service Care Plan... Worth it or no?

NorCal510
02-17-2013, 08:52 PM
I will be picking up a 2012 Q5 soon. I'm debating whether to get the "Audi Service Care" plan, which is $820 or should I just take my car to get serviced by my mechanic?

My mechanic is German certified, servicing all BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche, etc. I've been taking my bimmers to them for years now, very pleased with their work.

VroomVroom
02-17-2013, 08:58 PM
How many miles on the '12? If I understand correctly, the service care program expires with the factory warranty.

Stubek
02-17-2013, 09:04 PM
I think it is worth it, just pay for it straight, don't let them roll it into your total cost otherwise you pay the $850 plus interest on it for the term of the financing.

VroomVroom
02-17-2013, 09:23 PM
For the record...

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/owners/audi_service/service/audi_care.html

Great advice above - factor in exactly how much you'll be paying for this, and then consider what you'll be getting out of it vs. a pay-as-you-go strategy. I bought my Q w/ 20k miles on the clock, and it didn't make sense to pursue it. Good luck...

NorCal510
02-18-2013, 08:35 PM
How many miles on the '12? If I understand correctly, the service care program expires with the factory warranty.

I'm pursing 2 possibilities, both have no more than 7k miles. One of the Q5's is CPO'd to 100k, while the other retains the factory warranty of 50k.

VroomVroom
02-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Good luck on the chase - I went through the same thing back in December. Ultimately bought the right car, but at the wrong store. The CPO tag can be a nice bargaining chip, in both directions. Finding negotiating pull on a vehicle in such high demand can be tough...have fun!

So, looks like you'd have all four service visits to 45k prepaid if you decide to go with the plan. If you subscribe to the dealer service model, I think it's a really solid deal. We did this with my wife's Lexus back in '07, and it worked out great. I gave it a moment's thought with my Q purchase, but passed. I do a lot of my own maintenance, and with 20k miles on the clock I'd already missed out on the 15k service.

rayray
02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
It is only worth it if you are going to keep it beyond the 45k miles mark, otherwise you'd just be throwing away money.