PDA

View Full Version : Getting center caps to fit the rear of a FWD

down_n_dapper
02-17-2013, 03:17 PM
I just bought miro 111's which look so hot, the front center caps fit easily, the rears do not.
I knocked out the wheel bearing cap (gold thing) tried again and same issue, not enough clearance between the cap and the axle shaft if you will. Ive used a dremel and taken all the plasic i can away from the backside of the center cap, still not enough. any ideas? I don't want to run spacers, with a 9.5 inch rim at ET40, its already sticking outside the guards, cops hate it, i love it [rolleyes]

ianwpb
02-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Hate to say it, but the only way around it is a small spacer. I had the same issue. I ended up putting a 15mm ECStuning spacer on the rear.

What I would do, since you're already poking, is go to the hardware store and pick up some big washers. The ones I got were about 2mm thick. Bring a wheel bolt with you to make sure the hole in the middle is large enough. They came individually or in a pack of 50 for about $8.00. Use them like a spacer to test fit the wheel. If 2mm doesn't work, double them up to 4mm, etc. etc. You might be able to get away with just the 2mm spacer to fit the center cap. ECSTuning.com sells 2-20mm spacers.