PDA

View Full Version : ABS and Brake light coming on

a4937
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
I was driving home last night and all of a sudden the ABS light came on and the Brake light started flashing and beeping. It continued all the way home. I checked later and the brake fluid was a little over the Max line so I took a little bit out. I drove a few miles to the store and it was fine, no light, then on my way home it came back on. I sat idle when I got home and it went off pretty quick.. Today I was going to auto zone to run the codes and see what came up but the light never came back on.

I've searched through the forums and have found some similar issues but nothing that sounded the same. I'm wondering what the severity of the problem could be. I'm planning on getting my brake fluid replaced next week as soon as I can and going from there. Of course if the lights come back on I will hopefully be able to run the codes and check that out first.

Does anyone have any advice? thanks in advance

Artiemas
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM
It could be your module is failing.
You could try tapping that filter with your finger a few times that is beneath the brake fluid cap
Bleed your brakes, new brake fluid.

My money is on the module and you're getting faulty contacts with the wires/shorting out.

Corrado_Guy
02-15-2013, 05:59 PM
I had this and it was the control module, I had mine repaired by Module Master and it has been great since. Scan for codes and see what you come up with but I put my money on the control module.

A3Ryan
02-16-2013, 09:02 PM
I have the same issue and my module is good, fluid is good, and speed sensors are good, is there anything else that could cause this?

k0mpresd
02-16-2013, 09:03 PM
I have the same issue and my module is good, fluid is good, and speed sensors are good, is there anything else that could cause this?

heres a crazy thought, check the module for dtc's? that will tell you exactly what the problem is.

ddillenger
02-16-2013, 09:11 PM
autozone isn't going to be able to connect to any module besides the ecu. You need vag-com to see the faults stored in the abs module. Otherwise, it's just guessing.

Audifirst posted this picture a while back, maybe it'll help.

http://i47.tinypic.com/vak94.jpg

AnotherMonday
02-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Having the exact same problem. ABS solid and Brake flashing, along with the 3 beeps. Noticed also that right before it decides to go off, the pedals shift/click.

a4937
03-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Thanks everyone, I ended up calling the dealership and they told me likely electrical issue so I wasn't too concerned. Earlier tonight I had my serp belt break on me so I'm thinking probably go ahead and get both done while it's in.

s2the4
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
I just sent the electronic module portion of my ABS sensor to module master. Got it back with a note saying that the module was good and that it may be the other side of the unit that needs replacement. Got one from a junk yard going to swap it in this weekend and see if that finally fixes the issue. Love bleeding brakes when it's 40 degrees out... You might luck out, might just be the module but then again might not.

Wraith600
03-05-2013, 12:01 PM
I just went through the same thing with mine. See if you can communicate with the ABS module, likely will see a code about intermittent connection to dash. The vibration of the cars over time break down the electronics inside. That's why the units are mounted on rubber in that bracket.

A3Ryan
03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
heres a crazy thought, check the module for dtc's? that will tell you exactly what the problem is.

I vag-com'd it and kept getting no signal from controller

Wet0willy01
03-05-2013, 04:42 PM
^module failed
send it to k0mpresd he will fix it. I have to send him mine shortly

k0mpresd
03-05-2013, 04:42 PM
I vag-com'd it and kept getting no signal from controller

then the module is defective and needs to be repaired or replaced.