PDA

View Full Version : Another MAF question

mabod
02-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Hey guys,

I've changed my MAF 2 times since I chipped my b5. First one was a gift from a friend so I don't know if it was a cheap one, chek engine turned on 1-2 day after chipping. I bought a Bosch, installed it, runned perfecly fine for 1 day, now the chekengine is back on. Do I keep busting my MAF or do you think its an electrical problem, ie cables to the maf sensor ? Or maybe something else ? Spent 160$ for this maf I hope that I can do something else then buy an other one.

Thanks guys !

svirk2
02-11-2013, 06:53 PM
I wish my friends gave me car parts

mabod
02-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah, wish I had more. It was a mistake from the ebay shop so they gave him the one for his 99.5 and he didn't had to return the other

FishEyee
02-11-2013, 10:43 PM
sometimes when the computer says its the maf sensor it doesnt necessarily mean that its the maf sensor... just saying... ive had a maf sensor code once and the problem was a air leak in my air duct... make sure all your vacuum lines are hooked up and your air ducts are nice and tight... not trying to scare you but if none of that works there just might be a chance that the problem lies within the computer... good luck

andyrew
02-11-2013, 11:09 PM
No more MAF's without warranty for me... My Autozone one has held up wonderfully.

The Ebay MAF's do not work FYI.

mabod
02-13-2013, 05:44 AM
It seems like the chekengine turn on only when running idle for a moment after starting. If I remove the chekengine it won't turn on until an other coldstart. Wut. Any ideas ?

Thx!