PDA

View Full Version : lock without arming alarm?

qo0v
02-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Is there any way to lock the car without arming the alarm? My alarm is randomly going off for no reason and its already drained the cars battery once and I dont want it to happen again

AudiFan6482
02-11-2013, 09:12 AM
hit the lock button on the drivers door before you get out

qo0v
02-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Wow i feel stupid. Tried that and though it didnt work and then realized it locks it after you shut the door. Thank you.

Now to solve the cause of this. Does anyone know why the alarm would be going off randomly?

Vierings
02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Wow i feel stupid. Tried that and though it didnt work and then realized it locks it after you shut the door. Thank you.

Now to solve the cause of this. Does anyone know why the alarm would be going off randomly?

Motion sensors? I know if my doors in my s4 were locked a fly could go by at the right spot and set it off.

qo0v
02-11-2013, 09:36 AM
All the windows are rolled up so i dont see how the motion sensor could be setting it off unless its faulty. Is the motion sensor on the rear view mirror? I might throw a piece of tape covering it and see if it happens again

bw86
02-11-2013, 09:45 AM
hit the button on the drivers side b pillar by the seat.

revolution337
02-11-2013, 09:50 AM
You can adjust the sensitivity of the interior sensors with vagcom. I had this same issue before I tweaked with the sensors. Now it hasn't happened in over a year.

Vierings
02-11-2013, 09:54 AM
All the windows are rolled up so i dont see how the motion sensor could be setting it off unless its faulty. Is the motion sensor on the rear view mirror? I might throw a piece of tape covering it and see if it happens again

My windows didn't have to be down.

Dallas09
02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Sounds like you have a different problem than the motion sensors then, a VAG COM will tell you what is setting off the alarm. The only way to do what you want to do is to fool the alarm into thinking a door is always open, or push the plungers down manually/with the internal switch.

dowsett6
02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Sounds like you have a different problem than the motion sensors then, a VAG COM will tell you what is setting off the alarm. The only way to do what you want to do is to fool the alarm into thinking a door is always open, or push the plungers down manually/with the internal switch.

or you might have an issue with the alarm sensor for the hood

DND
02-11-2013, 06:24 PM
I've had the inverse where the alarm won't activate when the hood latch is loose (like when a shop doesn't close it properly but locks the hood pins anyway) or when the trunk isn't latched or a door is ajar.
My wild guess would be: make sure your doors, hood, and trunk are all latching properly, windows up (as you mentioned they are but double check they are all the way up), and sunroof properly closed and not partially ajar up or down (although that doesn't usually matter on my car, only the windows seem to matter on mine).

Avant Nate
02-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Easiest way to find out what's causing the alarm to trigger is vag-com. It will tell you what sensor has been tripped.