PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking DEAD - Pump is good, module is good. HELP

tripslipfall
02-09-2013, 12:30 AM
I have a 96 B5 A4. The central locking does not even TRY to work, at all, and never has since I've owned it. Check it.

-The lock switch on the door illuminates but does nothing when pressed.
-Trying to lock / unlock the doors from the outside only unlocks the door you put the key in.
-The pump never makes any noise whatsoever no matter what you do.
-When you leave the windows rolled down, and hold the key in the lock position, they roll up as they should.
-The pump / module was tested in another car and it works fine.
-All fuses are good
-Since this is a 96, I can't VAG-COM the module because that wasn't introduced until the later ones with the 8L0 part number (Mine is 4A0)

Other symptoms: My dome lights do not turn on when I open any doors, no matter what position the switch is in (although the car does "chime" when the drivers door is open). Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I'M SO ANNOYED!

I'm open to any ideas. Bad relay somewhere? Hidden fuse?

3 bar
02-10-2013, 06:11 AM
I have a 96 B5 A4. The central locking does not even TRY to work, at all, and never has since I've owned it. Check it.

-The lock switch on the door illuminates but does nothing when pressed.
-Trying to lock / unlock the doors from the outside only unlocks the door you put the key in.
-The pump never makes any noise whatsoever no matter what you do.
-When you leave the windows rolled down, and hold the key in the lock position, they roll up as they should.
-The pump / module was tested in another car and it works fine.
-All fuses are good
-Since this is a 96, I can't VAG-COM the module because that wasn't introduced until the later ones with the 8L0 part number (Mine is 4A0)

Other symptoms: My dome lights do not turn on when I open any doors, no matter what position the switch is in (although the car does "chime" when the drivers door is open). Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I'M SO ANNOYED!

I'm open to any ideas. Bad relay somewhere? Hidden fuse?
You must have a broke wire leading to the module that sends the signal to the module if the pump is not responding. Check the wires from the front door.

tripslipfall
02-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Bump, still can't figure it out.