PDA

View Full Version : Audi gurus.....please help

Jessejamesb5
01-29-2013, 04:27 AM
Long story short....alternator conked out. Prior to doing so I noticed the CEL and decided to run a code scan to maybe figure out some things. Well, today before work I hooked it up but wouldnt start (evn with the battery charged and the assistence of a jump pack). It jus cranked and cranked but wouldnt,turn over. Doing so.....it came back that there were 0 codes. What?

I was told it could be 1 of 2 things......1) blew the ecu relay and its not allowing the ecu to function or.....2) the ecu isnt geting the right amount of power to access the codes?

Im trying to figure out what codes are being thrown as ive known about a misfire code and with my,taxes im buying new plugs,wires,and coil pack assembly. But was also figuring if I,need to purchase a crank position sensor, cam position sensor(think I,had a code for this when I got the,car) and o2 sensors, etc. any help with my problem would greatly help. Thanks fellas

ECS Tuning-Audi
01-29-2013, 12:10 PM
If the alternator died there's a good chance it might not allow the car to start. The draw from the starter might be too much for there to be enough juice left in the battery to fire the coil pack/spark plugs.

Did you check to see if you're getting a spark?

Once you disconnect the battery it will clear any codes stored int he ECU so this explains why no codes popped up.

I would get a new alternator in there with a charged battery and see if that solves your issue.

Jason