PDA

View Full Version : B5 NAV Questions???

venomaudi
06-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I am getting a s4 and will be putting a new NAV system in it. I posted here cause there are more people with b5 a4's than b5 s4's. So if you know then chime in. I have read how much of a pain in the arse it is to fit the new RNS-E. So i figured i would see what is out in AFTERMARKET LAND. I found the eclipse in dash DVD NAV unit. What do i need to do in order to make this fit? Is there a really good install kit for a double din unit?

Eclipse 5435 (http://www.eclipse-web.com/avn/avn5435.html)

GlacialBass
06-16-2005, 07:27 AM
You might want to look into the Pioneer AVIC-N1 or N2, or even the D2. They're all great in dash NAV units with quite a few features.

Justin

venomaudi
06-16-2005, 07:52 AM
You know how tacky it looks when you have a single din unit that has a huge screen that pops out. I want this to look real clean. plus with this unit you can play cd's or dvd's and also have your Nav disc in. The NAV setup is the same as the pioneer. Plus it has the GPS built in the unit so you dont have to have GPS box's and stuff.

Burntaudi
06-16-2005, 08:08 AM
There is no install kit to make this fit. Custom is your only choice if you wanna install this. Any reputable audio shop should be able to do nice clean install for you.

GlacialBass
06-16-2005, 09:03 AM
ok, don't bother to look into what I posted.... for anyone else that cares, the D2 is NOT a flip out and has all of tyhe features that he is looking for (cd playing with the NAV disc in, double din, etc...).

Justin

venomaudi
06-16-2005, 10:20 AM
thats my bad sorry i didnt look at the post.