PDA

View Full Version : Problems with A4.

Mirza.Ramovic
12-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey all, I drive a '96 2.8 V6 FWD B5 A4

Took the car out for a spin this afternoon, and noticed that within 20 min of driving it, the car would shake as I would accelerate. Problem mainly occurred while having the car in first, and second gear.

Another problem is I'm driving the car; I take my foot off the accelerator, push down on it, and what happens is that the car will jolt from the back to the front.

Another problem is if I rev the car from 1000-2000RPM the whole underside of the car (where the driver/passenger seats are) tends to shake and vibrate as well.

Another problem is if I'm rev-matching or heel-toeing, my exhaust will make this crackling/clunking noise whenever the RPM's go up. This only happens when downshifting.

Last but not least, I have engine code P0172 (System Bank 2? I believe) Anyone know what the deal is and how to fix it? I know that the car is running rich due to this code. So I'm possibly thinking that either the 02 sensor has gone out, or I have exhaust leak, or it's something to do with the MAF or the spark plugs.

If anyone could help me out, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Mirza