PDA

View Full Version : P/S Fitting is leaking, o-ring/gasket questions.

A1 A2 German
11-09-2012, 08:25 PM
This is the kinda maintenance I dislike...finding out myself would require me to make the car un-drivable to even get the proper part I need to begin with, and a hate losing all my oem called for fluids.......errrrr

So, where the absolute point of my Phillips comes to, I'm getting a leak. Attempting to torque load it hasn't given me results. My question is, is there an internal seal/o-ring/gasket I can find @ say, Ace Hardware that seats along the back of this fitting....or is it just metal male barb on metal female recess (and the whole unit just needs to be replaced)?

Any one have one lying around to measure the seal/gasket size that would be great, or maybe a picture next to a dime or so (would just run to Ace and buy ~15 different sizes/styles but don't even know what to even start looking @ to begin with).....if the fitting even has a seal.

Thanks!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/Blakelikesfood333/PSFittings.jpg

Corrado_Guy
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
I am fairly certain there are no seals in there, it is a crimp fit and you would need to replace the entire line. If the leak isn't too bad you can use JB Weld to seal it up, I know a few people who have done this and worked surprisingly well.

A1 A2 German
11-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Alright, thanks.