PDA

View Full Version : Wacked out electronics after battery change

Slowdog
11-09-2012, 01:24 PM
A4 3.0 Cab had a dead battery. Charged it overnight. Tried starting it next day, no luck. Took out battery and bought same one to replaced it. (it was a 3 year battery which lasted 3 years and two months). Car started just fine with the new battery...but...none of the FOB's work, "Hood open" indicator on dash instrument panel is illuminated, no windows work, top not working, gas tank cover locked, and trunk locked. Made appointment with Audi Dealer for next week, but my car needed gas today. I took the car to a nearby Audi Dealer (not the one with the appointment) and I said I was in a bind. He took the car to the service garage and came back a few minutes later with the cover open. He said I would have to replace the actuator because he had to break it to open the cover. Got gas in the car, have a broken cover, but at least will not run out of gas.
Meantime, I still have all the electronic issues. Can I do anything on my own to fix the electronics? or do I have to wait until next week's dealer appointment?
I have tried disconnecting the battery many times. I have tried pressing the unlock button on the fob, inserting the key in the ignition to number 2 position, turning it back, removing it, then pressing the unlock button again...many times. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks for your time.

Scotty@Advanced
11-10-2012, 11:20 AM
A4 3.0 Cab had a dead battery. Charged it overnight. Tried starting it next day, no luck. Took out battery and bought same one to replaced it. (it was a 3 year battery which lasted 3 years and two months). Car started just fine with the new battery...but...none of the FOB's work, "Hood open" indicator on dash instrument panel is illuminated, no windows work, top not working, gas tank cover locked, and trunk locked. Made appointment with Audi Dealer for next week, but my car needed gas today. I took the car to a nearby Audi Dealer (not the one with the appointment) and I said I was in a bind. He took the car to the service garage and came back a few minutes later with the cover open. He said I would have to replace the actuator because he had to break it to open the cover. Got gas in the car, have a broken cover, but at least will not run out of gas.
Meantime, I still have all the electronic issues. Can I do anything on my own to fix the electronics? or do I have to wait until next week's dealer appointment?
I have tried disconnecting the battery many times. I have tried pressing the unlock button on the fob, inserting the key in the ignition to number 2 position, turning it back, removing it, then pressing the unlock button again...many times. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks for your time.

There is an emergency pull string in the boot to open the gas flap.

ktm733
03-10-2013, 11:08 AM
what he said. im surprised the audi guys didnt know this. They should have to pay for breaking it, you just remove the interior and bam you see the line

Warrior420
04-06-2013, 05:49 PM
He mentioned the trunk was locked too... Which is odd...

Old thread though, OP did you figure it out?