PDA

View Full Version : I am looking into

mailmanmike
06-06-2005, 06:43 PM
a new set of tires, get alot of snow in northeast PA and was on some site www.tirerack.com and found some good feedback on performance and snow tires, looks like dunlop winter sport m3 is a good choice, anyone aware of this tire ? My tires are 17 and is it possible to go to a 18 inch or will there be some modification required http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/mailmanmike/DSCN3279.jpg thanks

mxp
06-06-2005, 10:29 PM
i have the dunlop sport m3 on my a6 and it kicks ass

4cefed4
06-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Are you looking to get tires just for use during the winter, or something to use all year round? If you are looking for an all-season, I'd recommend something like the Pirelli P6 4 season.

mailmanmike
06-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Will be looking into a all season year round tire, really don't drive really far to work so snow or no snow will need a good all round tire, thanks for the imput and will look into it when time comes.

Hutash
06-08-2005, 09:44 AM
18" rims work fine on the TT, just size match the tire, i.e. smaller side wall.

I use the Continental contact extreme as an all season tire, and have been happy with them, but I rarely see snow, just on ski trips. Good wear sofar, quiet, handle well, etc.

Hutash
06-08-2005, 09:48 AM
I would consider a second set of wheels. Most people use inexpensive steel wheels with real winter tires. If you do go with 16" rims, as the taller side wall gives the best snow traction. Then you can put a good set of tires on your other wheels. The difference between all season, and summer tires can be hugh. I run Mich. pilot sports for track days, or on hard driving days, and the difference is outstanding.