PDA

View Full Version : ECS tuning shipping costs

nynoah
11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
What the heck is up with up with the cost of ECS tunings shipping? I just went to hit checkout on purchasing some items and they just tried to hit me with 40 dollars to ship some items that would fit into a box that is no more than 6 inches by 6 inches? Shipping by weight and size should be no more than 12 dollars. WTH is up with that? Has anyone else been hit by this insanity? ECS if you are reading this, you lost another sale. It's cheaper for me to pay the local stealership than pay for the shipping costs from you guys.

Rodmar
11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
I concur

nadatia
11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
100x this

ECS always has the part but is often my last resort to purchase from.

2.7taudi
11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
The shipping is outrageous, but aren't all online vendors? Besides fcp grouton.

Sent from my iPhone.

nynoah
11-03-2012, 08:54 PM
No not all vendors are like this. It defies business logic too.

inNout
11-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Simple - do not buy from them.
They said repeatedly that there is nothing they can do about the shipping fee logic.

JAM3S121
11-03-2012, 09:24 PM
I never buy from ecstuning unless I need a couple parts and they have the best prices.. because yeah the shipping with them always seems to be higher. I have no idea why. They do ship the stuff pretty damn well usually though which is a plus.

rollerton
11-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Seriously? This is seriously the first time I've ever heard of ECS's ridiculous shipping charges. Ever.
Maybe there was a mistake? Because they're ALWAYS totally fair on shipping prices.
Seriously. Just kidding. Seriously.
http://billanddavescocktailhour.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/sarcasm0441-300x281.jpg

That shit cray.

GB5
11-03-2012, 09:52 PM
I was ordering 8 License Plate Bolts ($.69 ea * 8 = $5.52) to replace my rusted ones and once I checked out the shipping cost alone was $11.28.... so decided not to order them

rAphb0y
11-03-2012, 10:01 PM
No matter how much I order from ECStuning, the shipping cost never exceeds $11 bucks for me.

bw86
11-03-2012, 10:04 PM
The only time I order stuff from ECS is when I need a bunch of stuff, then I can justify the shipping cost. But when I want to order 1 small part and shipping still says $10.00 I'll get it from some other site.

A3toB5
11-03-2012, 10:08 PM
yea there shipping cost has been around $11 for me.. I think the shipping is a bit high. I personally don't like the return policy they don't even send you a return label or anything.. so u have to pay $11 to get ur item then $11 to send it back and another $11 to get a new one. Better off keeping the part..

geeky
11-03-2012, 10:13 PM
yea there shipping cost has been around $11 for me.. I think the shipping is a bit high. I personally don't like the return policy they don't even send you a return label or anything.. so u have to pay $11 to get ur item then $11 to send it back and another $11 to get a new one. Better off keeping the part..

they're 25% restocking fee is such bullshit. It's brand new, never opened, the only thing you need to do is put it back in your inventory on your computer then drop it in a bin and you're going to charge me with a 25% restocking fee? Go **** yourself.

awdjunkies
11-04-2012, 01:18 AM
The only time I order stuff from ECS is when I need a bunch of stuff, then I can justify the shipping cost. But when I want to order 1 small part and shipping still says $10.00 I'll get it from some other site.

Exactly..

I've asked several times why their shipping prices are so high, their answer is, " Because we always ship our items in big boxes, it would be advantageous for you guys to buy more so we can ship everything in the same box, thus saving you money on shipping."

J Ozzie
11-04-2012, 01:41 AM
This is why i will never ship with ECS... their CAN Saver sucks!

Example

Cabin Filter / Fresh Air Filter - Charcoal
Filter the air coming into your vehicle.
Brand: ES#: 240535 Mfg#: 8A0819439A~BO

In Stock
$20.40

Sub Total: $20.40
Shipping: $24.14
Total: $44.54

and the fucking things only weighs like .1lbs..

FUCKKKKKK THAT!!! Never will ecs and i be friends with that outrageous price!

Could u imagine brake parts.... lets take a look actually im curious..
Front Replacements..
Front Brake Rotors - Pair (288x25)
Featuring GEOMET protective coating
Brand: ES#: 11752 Mfg#: 40454112KT

In Stock
$64.97

Sub Total: $64.97
Shipping: $61.65
Total: $126.62
LOL!!

J Ozzie
11-04-2012, 01:48 AM
So heres something i was actually going to get from them this week... new drain plug and crush washers...
With their " Can Ease Saver" (which is absolute shit!)

Magnetic Oil Drain Plug - Priced Each (14x1.5)
Includes 10 copper sealing washers
Brand: ES#: 5386 Mfg#: ECSD001-10CW

In Stock
$11.95
Sub Total: $11.95
Shipping: $64.30
Total: $76.25

REALLY 76 bucks for a fucking drain plug that you could easily ship in a bubble wrap envelope that weighs nothing...

ianwpb
11-04-2012, 06:02 AM
ECStuning's shipping isn't bad for people on the east coast. It usually costs no more than $11 for UPS ground. Yeah, it sucks if the things you buy are less than the shipping amount, but usually there are other websites that you can get those small items for cheaper and with cheaper shipping. There is always a sale on 2nd day air also, which is great for when you need a part fast. I needed to buy spacers before I left on vacation and only had a couple days, ordered them on Monday, got them on Wednesday in time to leave. I can't complain too much about it.

ECS ships differently than other companies.. They make it cheaper for bigger orders which is great for a lot of people. There's gotta be another option for you folks on the west coast/Canada.. 034, JHM, ringer-racing.. If you need cheap small parts try out pelican parts and rockauto. They usually have cheaper prices vs ECS and cheaper quick shipping.

Bottom line, if you don't like it, PM Jason and see if he can do anything for you. If he can't, that's how it is, so get over it. :-)

REALLY 76 bucks for a fucking drain plug that you could easily ship in a bubble wrap envelope that weighs nothing...

You're absolutely right.. They should definitely consider shipping smaller items in envelopes. Maybe they will in the future. There's gotta be somewhere else you could get that same item though, maybe even local?

Seerlah
11-04-2012, 06:09 AM
This is not a new thing. There is also a reputable company on here that I order gaskets from. Just gaskets (small 38mm or T3 because they have Cometic), and it costs me roughly $10. But that's not what gets me. It's how long I get them even after I paid the $10. I am in NY, order something from CA, and get it faster than this shops has items delivered to me. It's silly. But back to ECS. Their shipping prices have always been funky. Only time I order from them is if it has free shipping or is a clearance item. Other than that, I shop elsewhere. Though I always direct people to ECS simply because they stock just about any item you may need. After that, it is up to the person I directed there if they want to smarten up and find it for cheaper.

spindoctor
11-04-2012, 06:18 AM
I used to get stuff from them all the way to Australia and spread the words to other friends who drive VWs/Audis..but not anymore. Their shipping rates are just schtupid even when buying in bulk.

Apart from fcpeuro, who else do you guys use nowadays?

Seerlah
11-04-2012, 06:20 AM
I'm a big "whoever is cheaper" fan. MJM Autohaus I get stuff from also. But mainly, I just shop around. I have no problem buying used.

2.7taudi
11-04-2012, 06:49 AM
I am a big stickler to original Audi parts so I'm stuck with ecs, the stealer, and genuine Audi parts.

Sent from my iPhone.

Audimuscle
11-04-2012, 07:39 AM
They are doing the classic make money at shipping routine. Many companies do it. I ship for a living and UPS gives us 65% off the rated price for shipping as long as I ship at least $300 worth a week which is easy they must make a fortune on each shipped item and might be why some prices are low (to make up the difference they rape you)

Seerlah
11-04-2012, 07:40 AM
And the truth is revealed.

demonmk2
11-04-2012, 09:40 AM
sounds about right, I was going to order a lower valance for another car and it was a great deal but when I went to check out the shipping cost was more than the part *$76* and that was the cheapest cost and I live on the east cost.

Rodmar
11-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah only fools believe that the shipping they charge isnt that bad....You can order a .50cent screw and theyll charge you 11 bucks still. I order from companies other then car parts and their shipping is either free, or cheap as hell and heavier lol......Whoever tries to lie to us from ECS about their shipping charges must think we're fools, idiots, whatever you like being called.

Poopie
11-04-2012, 10:00 AM
lol and then they don't even get things out of their warehouse for 3 days if you order 2 day shipping.

ecs is a good company. No one is perfect. They have a great website and good support and a huge brand selection. They've gotten better in some areas, and worse in some. you just have to be a smart consumer. there are times there are the better option. They aren't my go-to company like they used to be though.

Seerlah
11-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Just got raped. Needed just the check valve for the brake booster hose because I accidently snapped the nipple on it. Cheapest place that had that was ECS with MTM brand (entire hose with valve). Price...$14.xx. Price after shipping...$26.xx. OEM is $100+ on not just ECS. And all I needed is the check valve.

Rodmar
11-04-2012, 10:10 AM
smart consumers dont shop at ECS HAHAHA ^^^^^^^

Scottydo
11-04-2012, 10:12 AM
seerlah im using a check valve from advance auto parts you could try it it works for me just fine i think is was like $4 been on my car for a month now.

Seerlah
11-04-2012, 10:15 AM
This is for the brake booster? On the AWM it is right on the grommet on the false firewall. See my ghetto rigged stuff attached to it...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee147/seerlah/DSC03441.jpg

Scottydo
11-04-2012, 10:52 AM
How do your brakes even work lol you have the brake booster blocked off. i have a line like that with the brake check valve from advance then another line running to the manifold.

99a4turbo
11-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I was going to order a $64 part from them last week. Shipping was $34. I was in a bind so I ordered it. Called 2 days later and they said they didn't have it in stock so it wouldn't ship for 4-7 days. The guy told me I was the idiot who couldn't read and I needed to learn before I ordered from them again he then hung up on me. I may have missed it being out of stock idk but after being spoken to and treated like that I will never order from them again.

Seerlah
11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
How do your brakes even work lol you have the brake booster blocked off. i have a line like that with the brake check valve from advance then another line running to the manifold.

It isn't blocked off.

Nollywood
11-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I was going to order a $64 part from them last week. Shipping was $34. I was in a bind so I ordered it. Called 2 days later and they said they didn't have it in stock so it wouldn't ship for 4-7 days. The guy told me I was the idiot who couldn't read and I needed to learn before I ordered from them again he then hung up on me. I may have missed it being out of stock idk but after being spoken to and treated like that I will never order from them again.

Lord 'ave mercy! [confused] That's pretty rough. I presume you cancelled the order, and called your credit card company to reverse the payment?

coolgraymemo
11-04-2012, 12:02 PM
They are doing the classic make money at shipping routine. Many companies do it. I ship for a living and UPS gives us 65% off the rated price for shipping as long as I ship at least $300 worth a week which is easy they must make a fortune on each shipped item and might be why some prices are low (to make up the difference they rape you)

Quoted for emphasis.

Watch it get deleted.

99a4turbo
11-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Lord 'ave mercy! [confused] That's pretty rough. I presume you cancelled the order, and called your credit card company to reverse the payment?

Yes I canceled it immediately and called my bank.I found all the parts elsewhere ( thanks 034)

B-Time
11-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Extremely
Costly
Shipping

ECS sucks ass and I don't feel that way about any vendor or online retailer I have dealt with. Their minimum shipping charge is horse shit. Also, stuff that is shown as "In Stock", is often not. You have to call and ask. They allow you to pay out the ass for 2 day shipping, but will not ship items for a few days. Whoever runs ECS, can go eat a bag of dicks.

Seerlah
11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
What's really messed up is Jason is like their scapegoat. I'm sure he will chime in tomorrow, since they are closed for the weekend.

J Ozzie
11-04-2012, 04:13 PM
smart consumers dont shop at ecs hahaha ^^^^^^^

quote of the day!

What's really messed up is Jason is like their scapegoat. I'm sure he will chime in tomorrow, since they are closed for the weekend.
always! hes always barkin... No ecs this ecs that... ya? cool story bro... lower your shipping costs and we will do the same!

I use to work in shipping and receiving... funny how i can ship 2500lbs for 230 bucks 800k

Roach-the-Great
11-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Extremely
Costly
Shipping

ECS sucks ass and I don't feel that way about any vendor or online retailer I have dealt with. Their minimum shipping charge is horse shit. Also, stuff that is shown as "In Stock", is often not. You have to call and ask. They allow you to pay out the ass for 2 day shipping, but will not ship items for a few days. Whoever runs ECS, can go eat a bag of dicks.

^^ that's just to damn funny!! But also so damn true

nynoah
11-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't dislike Jason as a person nor anyone that is a good person that works for a company. There is however more than enough room for disagreement with an exploitative shipping policy.

J Ozzie
11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
agreed

Avant Nate
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Its funny, even after reading this I just ordered some stuff from, namely EGT sensors, CTS, TB kit, and oil sensor and my shipping was free. I was expecting the EGT sensors to have free shipping , but not the CTS or oil sensor

J Ozzie
11-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Its funny, even after reading this I just ordered some stuff from, namely EGT sensors, CTS, TB kit, and oil sensor and my shipping was free. I was expecting the EGT sensors to have free shipping , but not the CTS or oil sensor

Free? the hell?

coolgraymemo
11-04-2012, 11:37 PM
I think ECS should have an exclusive deal for Audizine members. Like a free shipping coupon code.

c0r3y.af
11-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Their shipping prices are great for large orders, but when all I need is a coolant temp sensor the size of my thumb, and you want to charge me double the price of the item just to ship it, you lost a sale. I'm going elsewhere. They should consider padded envelopes or USPS flat rate for things like that.

I also hate the fact that after you pay them, it takes 2-3 days to process the order and get it out the door. This has to be one of the slowest shipping departments I've ever dealt with. Don't understand what would justify a 72 hour wait to pick up a few items and drop them in the box. That's poor business practice imo.

bikerbob951
11-05-2012, 04:55 AM
I think ECS should have an exclusive deal for Audizine members. Like a free shipping coupon code.

QFT

I also hate the fact that after you pay them, it takes 2-3 days to process the order and get it out the door. This has to be one of the slowest shipping departments I've ever dealt with. Don't understand what would justify a 72 hour wait to pick up a few items and drop them in the box. That's poor business practice imo

QFT this, too.

Rodmar
11-05-2012, 04:56 AM
DOWN with ECS

2.7taudi
11-05-2012, 05:22 AM
My experience with ecs:
Needed a coolant temp sensor $27 at dealer

Ecs:$16 for original Audi
I thought hell yea great buy!

Shipping included total was $26 and I'd receive it 4-5 days.

I went to the stealer and they have me all the parts for $27 (the o-ring and clip) after a bit of negotiation lol.

Sent from my iPhone.

ECS Tuning-Audi
11-05-2012, 07:14 AM
they're 25% restocking fee is such bullshit. It's brand new, never opened, the only thing you need to do is put it back in your inventory on your computer then drop it in a bin and you're going to charge me with a 25% restocking fee? Go **** yourself.

We actually only have a 15% restocking fee. This is to cover the cost of time and labor for our warehouse to restock the part on the shelf. Please refer to our terms of use HERE. (http://www.ecstuning.com/TermsOfUse/)

quote of the day!

always! hes always barkin... No ecs this ecs that... ya? cool story bro... lower your shipping costs and we will do the same!

I use to work in shipping and receiving... funny how i can ship 2500lbs for 230 bucks 800k

If you have any personal issues you would like to discuss with me please feel free to PM me, Thanks! [up]

Extremely
Costly
Shipping

Or you can shoot me a quick PM! I'm on the forums M-F 9:30 to 5:30 EST, I usually respond to PM's with in the hour or sooner, most of the time instantly. Unfortunately paying for 2-day shipping doesn't speed up the process we get items from our suppliers if they are out of stock. Once we have it ready to ship out you will receive it in 2 days. Again PM me if you have any questions.

Anyone that has had a customer service issue please feel free to PM me as well. I'll do my best to help you and get the ball rolling. All apologies to anyone who has experienced less than stellar service over the phone - that's not how we operate.

Best,

Jason

geeky
11-05-2012, 09:14 AM

Ive had this happen to me, too. I ordered a plethora of maintenance items for rebuilding a stock motor for my sisters car. Ranged from TB kits, to all seals, gaskets, motor mounts etc. Everything I ordered at the time when I ordered it said "In Stock" on their website. Ordered it with 2-day shipping as I was on a time frame and the deadline was coming up fast. So I wait 2 days for a confirmation of shipping and dont get anything. I called them and they inform me that the Tstat they sell with their TB kit is out of stock and I have to wait another business day. I asked them why they didnt put that on their website and he told me that I should have called and asked.

That makes absolutely no sense that I should have called and asked. You should have emailed me within 24 hours if things were not right there ready to go when it says ready to go on your website. It's just frustrating.

Corzee
11-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Ive had this happen to me, too. I ordered a plethora of maintenance items for rebuilding a stock motor for my sisters car. Ranged from TB kits, to all seals, gaskets, motor mounts etc. Everything I ordered at the time when I ordered it said "In Stock" on their website. Ordered it with 2-day shipping as I was on a time frame and the deadline was coming up fast. So I wait 2 days for a confirmation of shipping and dont get anything. I called them and they inform me that the Tstat they sell with their TB kit is out of stock and I have to wait another business day. I asked them why they didnt put that on their website and he told me that I should have called and asked.

That makes absolutely no sense that I should have called and asked. You should have emailed me within 24 hours if things were not right there ready to go when it says ready to go on your website. It's just frustrating.

I have also had a couple of recent instances of ordering 'in-stock' items that were not-so-in-stock afterall. I realize they have a large inventory to keep up with, but like you said, you get no notification or email saying, "oops, sorry our inventory wasnt up-to-date". I have to call myself to find out why my item that was 'in-stock' hasnt shipped out after a week lol. Just ordered some stuff the other night, all 5 items 'in-stock', hopefully they actually were.

Rodmar
11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
This and somehow it's your fault lol and they'll be sure to point the finger at you. Ecs's motto is "The customers always wrong" and their mission statement is "Make as much profit off of shipping and make t he customer wait longer then needed to recieve their items, whether or not they pay for expedited shipping." They have pretty simple ethos to follow and a profitable mission statement. Ecs is just like the rest of the people in this country who blame others for their mistakes.

geeky
11-05-2012, 09:26 AM
We actually only have a 15% restocking fee. This is to cover the cost of time and labor for our warehouse to restock the part on the shelf. Please refer to our terms of use HERE. (http://www.ecstuning.com/TermsOfUse/)

If you have any personal issues you would like to discuss with me please feel free to PM me, Thanks! [up]

Jason,

I was only refunded 75%, not 85%. I purchased a TB kit that I ended up returning. TB kits from ECS cost $199.95. I returned the kit and only received a refund in the amount of $146.37 and I had to pay to ship it back and return it to ECS.

So $146.37 divided by 199.95 is 0.732033 meaning you guys took 27% off for restocking, not 25% or even 15%. I just looked at my accounts and paypal refunds etc. This actually really pisses me off. Sending you a PM .

blacka4
11-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Closed