View Full Version : VAG Codes

AudiMV
06-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Can somebody decipher these please?!?!

THE MAIN ONE!!!
17536-Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Lean

Some others:

Address 35
01367- Central Locking Pump Run Time Exceeded (Likley Leak)

00955-Key 1
Adaptation Limit Surpassed

BTW: the car is a 2001 1.8T with giac x-chip, hyperboost dv, custom maganflow exhaust, evo ms intake, the car has 31,000 miles currently and recently had its 40,000 service (original warranty was expiring so i got free spark plugs out of it) any gurus please give any suggestions, thanks a lot!!

AudiMV
06-06-2005, 10:32 AM
anybody with a bentley?

Daft
06-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Ok...Here we go:

17536-Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Lean

This one can be caused by one of the following problems;

Bad fuel pressure
MAF problem (wiring or actual sensor)
Pre-cat O2 sensor
Post-cat O2 sensor
One or more faulty fuel injectors
Intake air leak (leaking air in not out)

Most likely, it is either the MAF or the air leak. With the MAF, it's usually a cracked wire in the MAF harness and not the actual harness. Otherwise the air leak could be a loose hose clamp or a torn hose. The other causes are possible but, since you had some service recently, it may have caused the MAF & hose items I mentioned here.

Next one, 01367- Central Locking Pump Run Time Exceeded (Likley Leak)

Causes:

1. Too little pressure in pneumatic lines
2. Central locking pump faulty

Fixes:

- Check pneumatic lines for leaks.
- Exchange central locking pump.
- Check all actuators of central locking system and replace if necessary.

Last one, 00955-Key 1
Adaptation Limit Surpassed

Causes:

1. Key not matched
2. Key operated more than 200 times while out of range

Fix:

Re-adapt remote to central locking system.

See here:

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/misc13.shtml

AudiMV
06-06-2005, 10:47 AM
thanks daft, i knew you would come through!!! i did get a CEL after i got my exhaust put in and had those codes cleared, i have them laying around somewhere but a couple were thrown and were intermitent.

AudiMV
06-06-2005, 04:31 PM
funny thing happened, when i put my stock chip back in my CEL went away......could this have anything to do with it?

needforspd
06-06-2005, 05:16 PM
u replaced the whole ECU or just chip?

i had codes on my stock ECU which had the CEL thrown but when I put in the chipped ECU in the CEL was gone (few starts later it came on w/ the same CELS cuz the problem still existed), I assume the ECU holds the codes and nothing else.
so if you replaced the ecu then there were no codes on it to cause a CEL. but if the problems are still there the CEL should be thrown in 3 start (i think its 3) cycles.

AudiMV
06-06-2005, 05:20 PM
it was just the actual chip, i had my car vagged last night the CEL came on again this morning and i threw the stock chip back in because i was anticipating a trip to the dealer and the CEL was gone.....i think im just gonna have my chip reprogramed to a 91 OCT file, if they exist.....

needforspd
06-06-2005, 05:23 PM
GIAC does have a 91 program IIRC.

white fish
06-06-2005, 06:11 PM
I got "misfire on 3" then "random misfire" then "misfire on 3" then "random misfire"

just did the pugs not to long ago
I reset I'm going to see if it comes up again
then what should I do? regap? replace?