PDA

View Full Version : Coolant flange crack! among other things...

Collin9338
10-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Okay so my coolant flange gave out one day while sitting in the drivethrough of a chick fil a. didnt drive the car enough to over heat or come close to over heating. got it replaced the other day and i forgot to get some coolant before hand... long story short on the way back home from the store my car over heated with coolant and steam spraying out of the top of the flange where the sensor is located. im thinking and hopeing that it just fried the sensor and the Rubber O ring around it (is there suppose to be one on this part of the flange?) because my check engine light is now on. would the coolant sensor being bad cause a check engine light? im really hoping that my stupidity didn't cause and serious damage to my engine... i have big plans for this car...

Also my front bumper is starting to look a little sloppy, any way yo tighten it up and get it fitting properly?, and does anyone know how easy it is to replace the passenger side seatbelt?

Thanks guys!

thenj3
10-29-2012, 02:13 PM
you drove the car with no coolant in it?

BlackLock_A4
10-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Yes, there should be an O ring where the sensor fell out of.

Collin9338
10-29-2012, 02:56 PM
yea no coolant just a bit of water, i would never do this but i had no choice. had to get home

sparcoaudi99
10-29-2012, 03:41 PM
ecs has everything u need to fix that i just did it cost 18 bucks dont forget to buy the plug and oring there is a extra hole on the new flange and for u driving with no coolant no good can come from that these cars run extremly HOT