PDA

View Full Version : Might have to say goodbye.......

mad_circle21
10-28-2012, 05:49 PM
I've owned my A4 for 6 years now and it def has been a love hate relationship. I will say though when my chip went bad at 121k and now i'm at 161k miles I have never liked the car more. Since the chip went bad I have not put a dime into the vehicle except for having the seats fixed. Unfortunately my room mate with a truck moved away and i no longer have his vehicle to tow my jon boat. I went all out and put a hitch on my car and wired it for the trailer but it only took one time towing it too the water and i went and bought a truck. I ended up getting an 05 Dodge Ram 4x4. Its black, leather, and has a sunroof with 91k. Got it for 10k so i couldnt pass it up. Even though the car is paid for I wont be able to keep two vehicles so it will be up for sale very soon. Its been alot of fun on here and there is a few sections of the forum i will still be lurking (wink wink). Hopefully one day I will get into another A4. Until then maybe I'll see one of you on the water!
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff90/madcircle31/audijon.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff90/madcircle31/dodgeram.jpg

Corrado_Guy
10-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Looks like a nice truck, gas or diesel? I've driven a lot of trucks and I always thought to the Dodge had the nicest ride. They drove more like a car than a truck (as in they turned and stopped really nicely) yet they could carry a lot. I tell you though, if that is the only boat you have I would have kept the Audi but that is just me and I really have little use of a truck. If you could keep both that would be ideal but best of luck on the sale. The Audi is a nice colour and looks nice so hopefully it sells.

mad_circle21
10-28-2012, 07:46 PM
thanks corrado guy, the car towed the boat like it was nothing. I never felt it behind me at all, not even pulling it out of the water. It's more of it being difficult to back the trailer up to the boat ramp with an empty trailer(hard to see). Also, after i go fishing i have a ton of stuff to carry and i'm all sandy/fishy. I actually felt bad getting back into the audi after being out in the boat. The truck is the 5.7 hemi and the car is in great shape. I havent had the truck one full day yet and already my neighbor wants to buy my car for her nephew so hopefully it will be a quick sell.

SN95Audi87
10-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Godspeed dude. Have fun with the truck and move on in life, and next time when you get the itch for the four rings we will see you on this side again.

ChumbaWumba
10-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Sad to hear, but you gotta do whats best. PM me details on the car.

-Jeff

AudiSport12
10-29-2012, 06:00 AM
Understand where you're coming from. I needed a truck for all my outdoor activites, pulling the four wheelers, bikes, hunting, fishing, whatever else so I kept my Tahoe when I bought my A4. It's nice having both though! I drive the Audi during the day (to work and back ~100 mi/day) and the Tahoe after work and on the weekends.

Best of luck with the sale. Nice car so shouldn't take long!

bav6shot
10-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Not to be a downer but be very easy towing with that truck, they have some bad transmission problems. I know two people who dumped them for a loss when the trans went from them towing at >120k miles