PDA

View Full Version : Time for tie rods

Vierings
10-26-2012, 10:54 AM
While raising my car for winter yesterday, I noticed I had a rip on my tie rod end. Any suggestions for a brand to pick up/avoid? Right know I'm trying to keep the budget small. I plan to refresh suspension components this spring so they may end up getting replaced again then. Likely with heavy duty units.
So are cheep ones acceptable in the mean time?

akalito
10-26-2012, 10:58 AM
fcp

Artiemas
10-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Just buy the FCP Groton group buy set. Buy option 3 and you get the heavy duty TREs and they're nice quality. I have them, and not a single complaint. If you buy option 3, you also get the OEM TREs which you can just slap in there for now and do the heavy duties in the spring. But, be forewarned, the kit does not come with new boots for the TREs, so you must buy new ones.

sparcoaudi99
10-29-2012, 04:11 PM
get the heavy duty ones i bought my set a few months ago amazing differance worth the money and dont forget a aliment after

D's Avant
10-29-2012, 06:14 PM
get the heavy duty ones i bought my set a few months ago amazing differance worth the money and dont forget a aliment after

X2 on the heavy duty/S4 tie rod ends, make a difference you can feel in the steering.