PDA

View Full Version : New owner questions

mailmanmike
06-03-2005, 06:11 PM
This is a great site and i check it every night, I have a 1.8t roadster, green in color, love the car, wife says i am obsessed with it, i only washed it 5 times already LOL, A few question if i may.

1. I have performance tires on and will be needing all- season by the end of the years any suggestions on a good tire.

2. Temp control stays in the middle while driving is that a good thing ?

3. I hear a hissing sound just before shifting at next (higher rpm) gear ? ok ?

4. Any good sites for interior changes, knee pads, instrument panel color changes, colored door handles, etc.

5. Anything that i should add to the vehicle that would be a must for all TT owners ?

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

midn12ght
06-03-2005, 06:45 PM
1) tires are likes shoes - everyone likes something different. during my tt days, i had the stock rubber son for quite a while(michelin pilot sports0, but hten switched to sumitomo's(they sucked). i currently have falken's on my a4 cab and love them. there's a lot more dialogue on tires on audiworld than here.
2) yes, it's normal. when your ride is running hot, it will fluctuate(usually at a light).\
3) i experienced this also, turbo spools up sucking air - hit the clutch, release, then shift...pretty normal.
4) there are dozens: ecstuning.com(more performance than aesthestic) lltek.com(more $$), stratmosphere.com, supremepowerparts.com...
5) most people chip it quick: revo(undetectable) or others...the armrest thing i never got into. i changed my sidemarkers personally. ipod holder(kuda), vent boost gauge(awetuning), rear valence -> dual valence(if you have 180 hp), exhaust, intake...the list goes on. good luck and happy motoring!

midn12ght
06-03-2005, 06:52 PM
1) tires are likes shoes - everyone likes something different. during my tt days, i had the stock rubber son for quite a while(michelin pilot sports0, but hten switched to sumitomo's(they sucked). i currently have falken's on my a4 cab and love them. there's a lot more dialogue on tires on audiworld than here.

2) yes, it's normal. when your ride is running hot, it will fluctuate(usually at a light).

3) i experienced this also, turbo spools up sucking air - hit the clutch, release, then shift...pretty normal.

4) there are dozens: ecstuning.com(more performance than aesthestic) lltek.com(more $$), stratmosphere.com, supremepowerparts.com...

5) most people chip it quick: revo(undetectable) or others...the armrest thing i never got into. i changed my sidemarkers personally. ipod holder(kuda), vent boost gauge(awetuning), rear valence -> dual valence(if you have 180 hp), exhaust, intake...the list goes on. good luck and happy motoring!

mailmanmike
06-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the reply !!!

Hutash
06-04-2005, 01:39 PM
1) mich pilot sports are great tires ps2 are evne better from what I hear, also expensive. I use two sets of wheels. Mich. on one for track days and agressive driving. Second set is all seasons- conti extreme contacts- very nice tire, good ride, but not near the grip of mich sports. They also wear much slower then the mich's.

2)my gage sits dead center all the time except at the track on hot days when I am really pushing the car.

3) sounds like the diverter valve, mine blows off at hard rpms

4)ttstuff.com has some nice mods for the interior, but nothing that is essential. All personal preference.

5) chip it ( I have Revo) mony options, it is debated here and elsewhere all the time. There is a ton of stuff you can do, but they are sweet cars right out of the box

Enjoy