PDA

View Full Version : F@*K AUDI, TIME FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT kinda long

nizmosx
05-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Ok guys it turns out im going to need a new engine and new turbo and audi is doing nothing to fix their problem and ensure customer satisfaction. After gathering plenty of information it seems like this is happening to alot of people. If this has not already started i want to start compiling a list of people who have had to replace their motor and turbo due to this issue and have had audi turn their back on them. If you guys would like to give me your information i will be handing it to my uncle who is a lawyer and im gona see what i can do. Im not gona let Audi play around with everyone anymore weather its the break sensor problem, control arm problem, or as severe as my problem. Please give me the following info.

name
phone number and email
make and model
problem
and amounts of times u contacted audi and they declined ur request, and any other facts or statements u like to make.

Spoke with Jose in Los Angeles and he stands by this idea as he has another car other than mine at his shop with the same issue. He also told me that beverly hills audi has been replacing engines night and day so its unfair that they are only changing some and not all.
hopefully someone started something like this before but if not im not gona take it anymore. If u guys have any info that will help me or can contribute i thank u very much.
paul

blacka4
05-31-2005, 08:44 AM
umm whats the problem? the oil sluge issue?? Audi does have a service bulletin on this and they are fixing the issue if you fall under the miles and or time frame

nizmosx
05-31-2005, 09:00 AM
they are not wanting to fix mine. i called AoA twice. the second time they sounded like they wanted to fix it then they say that i had called about it already and they said no so the answer had to remain NO. what kind of service is this.

Starting
05-31-2005, 09:38 AM
If those mods in your sig are on that car I wouldn't see Audi fixing anything. You defitely don't have an engine warrenty with that stuff.

blacka4
05-31-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by new car?
If those mods in your sig are on that car I wouldn't see Audi fixing anything. You defitely don't have an engine warrenty with that stuff.

yeah, that is what I am thinking. why would they want to fix your k04 when it wasn't factory.

Wholsea
05-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Not sure what you are petitioning to fix here... Did your timing belt break?

nizmosx
05-31-2005, 10:09 AM
no nothing broke, i replace the timing belt in advance, and i never mentioned to audi all my aftermarket i have. i would have put the stock turbo and intercooler in. btw there is another car that is stock with the same problem at the shop my car is at so the aftermarket does not matter. there are also plenty of others that are stock with this issue. i have posted in audiworld which is more in depth. please look there as well to what is going on wholsea. basicaly the car has no oil pressure.

OverSpun
05-31-2005, 10:10 AM
you still never said what caused it, only that your engine blew. and like everyone else said, with a mod list like that its understandable that the dealer would turn you away.

DDQ
05-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Please post the link. I still don't understand exactly what happened to your engine.

nizmosx
05-31-2005, 10:15 AM
no one understands what happened to my engine other than its happening more and more everyday and starting at around 54 thousand miles to many audis. audi is taking no steps in suporting thier customers.

link

http://www.audiworld.com/forum/a4.html

for the lazy

This is what's going on. A while back I was driving then I got stuck in stop and go traffic and the oil light came on. I freaked out, pulled over, and turned off my car as stated in the manual. Shortly after I started up the car, the light was gone and the car ran smooth and normal. I took it to Audi and they told me that they cant touch the car unless the oil light remains on. They also stated that if I did change my oil as recommended then I don't have the sludge problem. I thought that was ridiculous so I took it to someone else. They told me they thought it was just an air bubble passing by a sensor. Well after hearing that it was probably nothing I kept trying to dig up facts on the forums but no one tried to help, everyone seemed to busy answering what chip was better apr or giac to some newb. After the oil light came on again and now I began to have blue smoke on startup I decided to try sea foam which everyone talked about. that really didn't help. I tried to call AoA and they told me that without maintenance records they cant touch my car. Well listen to this. My mechanic was Casey and he always maintained my car and did it for cheap after hours. He worked for Audi common wealth for 8 years and knows what he is doing. He charged me low rates and always kept his records and I never needed mine as I can always get them from him. WELLLLLLLLL Casey passed away and now I have no maintenance records nor can I get them from him because I don't have that 6th sense. I explained this to AoA and they didn't care. The funny thing is they say if you buy a car used then u are not responsible for maintenance records. HOW DOES THAT WORK. I told them so do I have to sell my car to a friend and have him repair it for free without records. They responded with sir we can not control what you do. This upset me even more because I don't see why they need the records so badly when they don't even require the previous owners records. The second time I called they really seemed like they wanted to fix it because they know its their responsibility but since they previously said no the answer had to remain NO. They are playing games with us and I'm not going to stand for it. I maintain my car religiously and can not get my records. After Casey past away I started writing down my records not knowing I'm supposed to keep receipts for the oil I purchased. I don't know about what you guys think but I think they should take action and fix my damn car. I swear to GOD, BUDDHA, MOHAMMAD, anyone you can imagine that my car is top priority to me. I love the car but I hate the makers which don't allow me to want to keep it anymore if they don't fix it for me. SOMEONE Point me in the right direction please.

OverSpun
05-31-2005, 10:26 AM
did you change your timing belt when it was supposed to be changed?

nizmosx
05-31-2005, 10:32 AM
i cahnged my timing belt at 60 thousand miles. the car has 80 now and audi recomends 90. i changed mine 30 thousand miles early to prevent audis mistake from happening.

yellowaudi24psi
05-31-2005, 11:14 AM
this sounds complex. i think we all have had issues with audi for what we feel they should fix/ replace at no charge. unfortunatly when we mod our cars we give them the out for not fixing what they should, even though your suspension has nothing to do with your engine they use that excuse anyway. good luck w your quest hopefully u can make some headway

nizmosx
05-31-2005, 11:21 AM
i just want to thank everyone on this forum for being much nicer and more respectfull to my situation than those on audi world. thanks guys. my situation sucks but i still never told them my car is moded, i was going to demod the car before i take it in. so they are not wanting to do anything even when they think my car is stock.

Daft
05-31-2005, 12:06 PM
That's one hell of a story. I'd bet you are the only person who's mechanic died. If I worked at audi, I'd give you the swap just for sheer pity. lol.

Honestly though, they really have to play by the rules that they set. They really do want all the maintanence records pertaining to oil changes. This is a tough item to produce for most people.

From what you wrote, I'm thinking that Audi will fix the car if you sell it to someone and have them bring it in for repair as the new owner? Is that what they hinted to you? If so, I'd do it. Sell the car to a buddy for $1 and take it in for repair. Otherwise, maybe you could bribe a guy at a local auto repair shop to write some fake records for you. That wouldn't be so hard. It's dishonest but, frankly, you're supplying these "records" that they "need".

They told me that if I had my sales receipts from Walmart for my oil, they would honor that. How is that an accurate record? So I bought oil. Doesn't mean I actually poured it in the engine....lol.

Eitherway, you've got a real uphill battle on your hands here.

bitterchild
05-31-2005, 12:30 PM
maybe you have credit card statements of $20 at an auto parts store

qtek16
05-31-2005, 12:45 PM
wow hmm i dunno man that is alot of mods.....and 80k u said on engine?? they dont care u are way past warranty. companies are shitty like that. let us know how it goes....i change my oil every 5k miles juuuuust to be on the safe side lol

marcini
05-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by nizmosx
i just want to thank everyone on this forum for being much nicer and more respectfull to my situation than those on audi world. thanks guys.

You would've think that those forums are to support you, but not when it comes to our lovely Audiworld

nizmosx
05-31-2005, 02:32 PM
yea they are more worried about spelling than anything else. its actually kind of lame. but i guess its my fault for being pissed off while trying to defend myself to everyone, i didnt have time to read all my posts and make sure i crossed my t's. ohh well... tough shit for me. ill cry myself a river.

AB18
05-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe this was why ur ko4 setup wasnt running right, u were over heating fast.

PDRaudi
05-31-2005, 03:21 PM
ur screwed
maybe u could get back to stock and see what they'll do
im sure somewhere in the warranty says dont expect shit when u mod ur car to total liteness

nizmosx
05-31-2005, 03:28 PM
i understand that but what you guys are not getting is that when i talked to AoA i never mentioned to them my car was modified. if they were going to fix it i was going to demod the car back to stock before i took it in. so my mods are not my concern at the moment.

ianlionzion
05-31-2005, 04:00 PM
what was their actual reason for declining your claim? was it in writing?

if you are going to file a class action lawsuit, you will need to an attorney to represent you and other audi owners or former owners willing to put up the time an effort to go thru with it.

have you thought about taking them to small claims, that might be a better idea, even though 5k will be the max you can claim for damages.

Starting
05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
his car is running and does have oil pressure. as said on audiworld replace the oil pump and move on.

Quattrocket
05-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Is this just for this specific issue??? cuz ive had my ABS unit shot and ALL of my control arms and links replaced in the front end. and now its making noises like crazy. I love my car but shit this thing is falling apart.
The sad thing is, its falling apart and theres no way in HELL i am going to sell it. :)

needforspd
05-31-2005, 04:20 PM
sucks to hear that nizmo. I was there when you brought your car in (black audi on the lift) and your car sounded wierd. guess now you know why, sucks man.
FWIW your car is very nice lookin.

hope all works out for ya.

ianlionzion
05-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by new car?
his car is running and does have oil pressure. as said on audiworld replace the oil pump and move on.

*edit...I just read your post on AW. The oil pump failed or is failing. I would have to agree on replacing the oil pump. It's not an oil sludge issue so all that oil change interval stuff that you would have to prove doesn't apply and at 80k you are out of warranty. ya it sucks...

but best of luck...

nramsey
05-31-2005, 08:44 PM
I may have missed it, but are you under warranty? If not, I wouldn't count on any help from Audi no matter what problem you have.

boosteda4
05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
hmm with all those mods, its no longer audi's fault... who knows if it woulda happened if ur motor was stock... just my opinion... the way i see it is you are trying to make audi pay for something that you dont even know if its their fault.. it coulda been a problem due to ur mods... Even though you didnt tell audi ur motor was modded, in reality it may not be there fault... yet you are complaining they wont take care of you... maybe they dont take care of people cuz tooooo many have modded, then de-modded their cars... and audi's losing out on it.. just my opinion, nothin against u.. just something im thinking...

69Muscle
06-01-2005, 06:19 AM
My oil light comes on when I 'lug' my engine. When the RPM's are too low for the gear i'm in. Simply upshifting and getting the RPM"s higher fixes that problem.

I too am also in the middle of de-sludging the engine with AutoRX. It worked really well while I was cleaning it, but now on the rinse cycle the oil light comes on easier. My guess is the oil filter is now clogged or the flow is restricted somewhat as there is slight oil seepage around the valve cover (A build up of oil in the head not draining back into the engine)

It's also hard for me to find the proper oil I want to use (5w-30) in my town. I'm also using dyno oil for the desludge and rinse cycle. I'm hoping for better results once I change out to a new filter and use synth.

Also.. the control arm's are BS as well.

RippleChip
06-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Anyone have a link to the actual thread on AW?

I know I had my oil pump start to fail, it was replaced a few months ago.

Anyone know if there is a way to monitor the oil pressure with the VAG?

nizmosx
06-01-2005, 09:36 AM
my oil pump is not what is failing, thanks for the imput tho. and like i said before there have been many audis, not only mine that are stock having the same problem as me. Audi in beverly hills has been replacing motors left and right. Audi knows this is going on and is doing nothing to fix it. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY ITS MORE THAN A FAILING OIL PUMP. So i cant just replace it and move on. It just doesnt work that way bro.

nizmosx
06-01-2005, 09:57 AM
here is a little update, jose said if i was to rebuild my engine it would cost 4 grand parts and labor. i would need
a new cylinder head
new crankshart
all the main bearings
oil pump
all proper gaskets and seals
and other misc parts

i think what i am going to do is just have him change the oil pump for me so that the car is pumping a good amount of oil than the old one and trade it in to audi. and get something else with a warentee or something. i dont know what else i can do. He still says its audis fault and he has been getting cars in there for this issue left and write and he claims audi is playing games with everyone. This is just sad. I understand i dont have warentee but you guys have to admit that if this was ford even tho i hate fords. It would be a recall and everyone would be happy. same with the control arms, sludge and any other issue are crap boxes have been up to.

pigliiit
06-01-2005, 10:06 AM
I think the trade in route is a good idea, stick it back to 'em. O, and before you trade it in, I'll take your exhaust.

RippleChip
06-01-2005, 10:15 AM
I wasn't implying it was just the oil pump...there are quite a few sludging issues out there. It's a fear of mine, and I sort of wonder if it goes beyond my oil pump as well. Something I'd like to check with pressure readings and everything.

nizmosx
06-01-2005, 10:24 AM
well if you have a vag u can check it on there the way jose did it. He checked my oil pressure on idle and it said minimun. He then slowly started giving it gas and told me to watch the lap top and tell him at what rpm he has to rev the motor before the oil pressure goes from minimum to OK. and mine was at 1640 rpms wich is too late. the damage has been done. He said if its around 1000 rpms then most likely you change the oil pump and its fine. Shitty thing is i still owe like 6500 on the car. so if i trade it in i am loosing a great sum of money. Maybe i should go a cheaper route and trade it in for a truck or wrx. those wrxs got extremely well reviews in the consumer report this year. Audi off course scored low. Especialy on maintenence and on deprectiation value.

nizmosx
06-01-2005, 10:25 AM
ohh yea and if i part the car ill post it on here first for you guys before AW.... Everyone that has helped me out and been kind in my situation will have first dibs.