PDA

View Full Version : Looking for OE Sport Springs (or part #) for my '98.5 1.8T Quattro

Cris
07-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi, I'm hoping a fellow AZ member can help... I'm looking for a set of OE sport springs for my '98 1.8TQ sedan. If a member here has a set of OE springs (and shocks if you have them too) sitting in their basement/garage... please let me know. Or, if someone could post the part numbers to the OE sport springs and also where I can buy them, I would really appreciate it. I seem to find aftermarket springs only and I'm (OK, my car) a little too old for that now. I'm not not particular picky.

I heard the B5 S4 springs are interchangeable with the 1.8TQ. Is that true?

Thanks!

walky_talky20
07-29-2012, 08:19 PM
The part numbers for that stuff won't do you any good. You'd be spending at least $1200 or more just on parts if you got OEM sport springs and shocks from the dealer. That's just the parts.

I'm sure somebody on here can hook you up with some used OEM sport stuff if that's what you want.

BlazinB5
07-29-2012, 08:33 PM
if you're looking for a setup similar to the OEM sport package, then you should go with H&R sport springs and Bilstein HD shocks. Bilstein SPORT shocks lower the car a little too much (in my opinion). this is about $850 in parts for this setup, but it's worth it since Bilstein provides a lifetime warranty on their shocks (regardless of how many miles you put on)

alm001
07-30-2012, 12:46 PM
pm sent