PDA

View Full Version : What will be the next thing modded on my car?

TheDude
05-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Its about that time when i spend more money on my car, oh wait thats all the time. Im trying to decide on my next mod. Will it be an HID upgrade, about 280 dollars from www.HIDVisualCreations.com or either a V+S or B&M shortshifter. about 120 to 160 dollars. hmmm decisions, decisions.... Or save up for either a S4 or RS4 bumper. By the way im waiting to find a good deal on one that is already painted silver if anyone knows of anything.

DDQ
05-23-2005, 04:04 PM
You can't go wrong with the V&S shifter. I absolutely loved it those first few days after I installed it - I don't know how I drove without it.

I'd sell you mine out of my car, but I'm too damn lazy to change it back, and people are coming to test drive the car this week.

danx99
05-23-2005, 04:15 PM
go short shift. it's so much better than stock

badassbaldie
05-23-2005, 07:57 PM
If you're a DIYer, you can shorten your shifter for almost no $$$. I think there's a write-up on it at the AW tech website (might be one here too). You simply cut the shift shaft and the plastic piece inside the shift boot 1"(both the same amount). You re-thread (using a tap/dye kit) the shaft and put your shift knob back on. Done. I had a MOMO shift knob so I didn't even have to do the re-treading part. Took me about 10 minutes and didn't cost a dime.

Something to try, since you could save yourself about $120.00.

PearlWhtA4
05-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Yea go V&S its like night and day difference and its not too low where u have to go inside the shift boot to shift like some other ones out there.

yellowaudi24psi
05-24-2005, 09:39 AM
go whith the ss then do HID

onemoremile
05-24-2005, 11:04 AM
go V&S. the homemade short shifter still uses the plastic rod and that is what gives you the vague shifter feel. the V&S piece feels like a rifle bolt.

EuroA4
05-24-2005, 11:28 AM
The Stratmosphere SS is very nice too...and get the HIDs from
ProtoCold (OEM A8 xenon kit)!!!

undertow999
05-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Just do em both at the same time, make a day out of installing the SS and the HID's. I have a V&S SS and I love it, it is awesome and makes my car so much more fun to drive. I also have the HID kit from HID Visual Creations, its a great kit, and easy to install. Jorge is a great guy who with help you with any questions you may have about the kit and installation.

As for the bumper, just surf the classifieds religiously and you will find a silver one no problem. I have an S4 bumper sitting in my bedroom waiting for paint, and I found it on the AW classifieds, so they are out there, just keep looking and dont be in a rush.