PDA

View Full Version : 1996 A4 quattro 2.8l a/c questions

Kalsoj
07-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi, i have a few questions about the a/c system in my car. The first is is there an inline fuse from the compressor to anywhere ? someone told me there is an inline fuse. Is there any other reasons for the a/c to not work ? I have checked it out for any leaks, there were none. I have also re-charged the system and there were no leaks. My climat control screen works sometimes but not always could this have anything to do with it? When my car is on and I turn on the a/c the idle jumps. this is all i know. Any info would be great, sorry if this question was already answered, I am new to Audi and this website. Thanks in advance.

Berreta
07-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't know, but my CC works when it wants to and the screen usually is not working. So I don't think that's why.

dr_always
07-29-2012, 07:18 PM
I hear the Evaporator is a really common problem on our 96's AC systems.

wretchedwrench
07-29-2012, 09:04 PM
First thing you need to know is if the compressor engages when you turn the a/c on, if no compressor engagement you need to check for voltage at the compressor clutch connector, if no voltage there check for voltage at the low pressure switch, if still no voltage there you'll need to find the a/c clutch relay and check for power there. How did you check for leaks and how was the system charged? There was another post recently where stop leak was used and not surprisingly the orafice tube was consequently plugged up!