PDA

View Full Version : Water/Meth to offset my injector woes?

tyfoon129
07-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Hey guys, running into kind of a dilemma here. I have a gt35r build A4 that I picked up off my best friend. Strangely when we were building it he choose to run 630cc software on it. I now realize how under fueled this setup is for this turbo. I want to upgrade to Eurodyne so I can go to 1000cc. So here is my problem, the car is in Seattle, WA, no Eurodyne tuners nearby. I am stationed at Fort Bragg, NC and have a Eurodyne tuner about an hour away. At this time I have no plans to bring the Audi out to NC for a while.....so can I use a water/meth kit to offset my undersized injectors in the mean time until I can upgrade to Eurodyne? The car will not be tuned for WM, but just having it should give the effect of having larger injectors right? Allowing me to run a little more boost without leaning out?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/tyfoon129/IMG_2838.jpg

M-Hood
07-17-2012, 08:24 AM
you dont need to be near a dealer to get a eurodyne tune, you just buy it and they send you the cable/software. You then load the software and upload the base tune into your ecu while it is in the car.

Water/Meth injection kit is going to increase your octane level not give you more fuel to burn. To do that you have to upgrade the injectors, increase the fuel pressure or install a 5th injector with a fuel controller. Just best if you order 1000cc injectors and the Eurodyne tune.

Have you tried just turning up the fuel pressure and what fuel pump does it have?

Don Supreme
07-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Bad idea...

M-Hood
07-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Bad idea...

Might as well get a Nitrous kit at that point. [>_<]

tyfoon129
07-17-2012, 09:37 AM
you dont need to be near a dealer to get a eurodyne tune, you just buy it and they send you the cable/software. You then load the software and upload the base tune into your ecu while it is in the car.

Water/Meth injection kit is going to increase your octane level not give you more fuel to burn. To do that you have to upgrade the injectors, increase the fuel pressure or install a 5th injector with a fuel controller. Just best if you order 1000cc injectors and the Eurodyne tune.

Have you tried just turning up the fuel pressure and what fuel pump does it have?

See..this is why I come here. I've been searching and have actually made myself more confused about water/meth. So an increase in octane and not usuable fuel.That makes more sense. I was getting some strange info from a subby guy I'm deployed with.

Anyways, car has a bosch 044 pump. So just turning up the pressure regulator will increase flow? Significant increase? Thanks for the help guys, I literally have no turbo experience and jumped into the deep end when I bought this beast.

tyfoon129
07-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Ok so I can do Eurodyne myself. Im assuming that the base tune requires "fine tuning". Dyno pulls? Also on a scale of changing a light bulb to heart surgery...how hard is tuning your own car with a Eurodyne setup?

M-Hood
07-17-2012, 10:38 AM
See..this is why I come here. I've been searching and have actually made myself more confused about water/meth. So an increase in octane and not usuable fuel.That makes more sense. I was getting some strange info from a subby guy I'm deployed with.

Anyways, car has a bosch 044 pump. So just turning up the pressure regulator will increase flow? Significant increase? Thanks for the help guys, I literally have no turbo experience and jumped into the deep end when I bought this beast.

Yes. Increasing the fuel pressure will increase the amount of fuel that gets sprayed out of the injector, basically increasing your injector size (cc).

What year is the car and do you know what fuel pressure it is running at right now?

Ok so I can do Eurodyne myself. Im assuming that the base tune requires "fine tuning". Dyno pulls? Also on a scale of changing a light bulb to heart surgery...how hard is tuning your own car with a Eurodyne setup?

Yes, they give you a base map based on the hardware info you give them, you then tweak the tune to get it to work best for your car.

tyfoon129
07-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Car is an 01. All I know is that it has a 4 bar. It has an inline gauge, but I've only spent 10 days with the car (bought it right before I deployed). When I get back I'll have to see what the pressure is. 43.5 at idle right or is that only stock? It's probably already running higher pressure. At what point do you up the pressure, idle?

Also is there an general percentage increase you can see from increasing fuel pressure. Seems like you would have to increase the pressure 4x to see 2 times the flow.

Sales@RAI
07-17-2012, 11:20 AM
The only problem is that the tune has the injectors set up for a 4BAR base pressure.

You need to switch software and run larger injectors. There is no way around this. Just don't drive the car until you are able to do this.

tyfoon129
07-17-2012, 11:33 AM
The only problem is that the tune has the injectors set up for a 4BAR base pressure.

You need to switch software and run larger injectors. There is no way around this. Just don't drive the car until you are able to do this.

I had a feeling it was gunna come to that haha guess I better set aside some cash for a new set up.

M-Hood
07-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Car is an 01. All I know is that it has a 4 bar. It has an inline gauge, but I've only spent 10 days with the car (bought it right before I deployed). When I get back I'll have to see what the pressure is. 43.5 at idle right or is that only stock? It's probably already running higher pressure. At what point do you up the pressure, idle?

Also is there an general percentage increase you can see from increasing fuel pressure. Seems like you would have to increase the pressure 4x to see 2 times the flow.

Are you sure it is a 4 bar FPR? The car comes stock with a 4 bar but most 630cc injector tunes run a 3 bar.

Fuel pressure readings with the vac/pressure line removed.
3 bar = 43.5 psi
4 bar = 58 psi

demonmk2
07-17-2012, 03:26 PM
they will not let you bring the car down here? (cargo plane) are you a ranking officer?