PDA

View Full Version : Possibly parting out mods, need opinions

81bear
07-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Thinking (not certain) about parting out my 2010 S4 and would like some constructive opinions on pricing for the below parts:

1. Full Milltek resonated exhaust w/ Quad tips (year old)

2. Alu Kruez (3-4 months)

3. Eurocode front and rear sways and drop links (3-4 months)

All parts are in excellent condition!

Again, I'm just trying to get an idea as to what a fair price would be for these parts.

Thanks guys!

MeteorS4Ti
07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
PM me for Alu Kruez

ilspazzaneve
07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Say it ain't so Bear!

Plus I bought (but haven't installed) the full Eurocode sways and links recently...ugh.

MailmanOdd
07-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I'd certainly be interested in the exhaust, send me a PM and we can discuss more.

Skidrowe
07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Thinking (not certain) about parting out my 2010 S4 and would like some constructive opinions on pricing for the below parts:

1. Full Milltek resonated exhaust w/ Quad tips (year old)

2. Alu Kruez (3-4 months)

3. Eurocode front and rear sways and drop links (3-4 months)

All parts are in excellent condition!

Again, I'm just trying to get an idea as to what a fair price would be for these parts.

Thanks guys!

I'd just go with 20-30% off since all the parts are relatively new and are all still in demand. However, if shipping costs cause it to be close to OEM pricing, then you would either have to lower the price more or make sure you sell the parts locally.

-Skid

81bear
07-05-2012, 11:59 AM
PM me for Alu Kruez

Again, I still haven't determined a fair price point but once I do I will let everyone know as I'm getting a bunch of PM's

I'd certainly be interested in the exhaust, send me a PM and we can discuss more.

Same as above

I'd just go with 20-30% off since all the parts are relatively new and are all still in demand. However, if shipping costs cause it to be close to OEM pricing, then you would either have to lower the price more or make sure you sell the parts locally.

-Skid

Very helpful Skid! That is exactly the type of response I was looking for! Thanks!

Say it ain't so Bear!

Plus I bought (but haven't installed) the full Eurocode sways and links recently...ugh.

Bad timing bro sorry! The next car will be even more track worthy than this one is so we should still be good to hit the strip and circuit!

Thanks for the responses guys all opinions are greatly appreciate!

MailmanOdd
07-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Gotcha no problem. I just figured I'd throw it out there :)

Skidrowe hit the nail on the head, you'll probably get 10% more if you sell local.

JonS4
07-05-2012, 01:30 PM

-Skid

Maybe 20-30% off from a dealer but I always think 50% off retail for a private sale of used performance bits, especially on bulky items needing to be shipped and where re&re can be somewhat destructive e.g. exhaust & suspension. As usual, if in big demand maybe you get a bit more.

B8MGS4
07-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Most certainly interested in the front and rear sways. I'm local to you so you don't have to ship. Let me know if you are really selling.

phillips2024
07-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Maybe 20-30% off from a dealer but I always think 50% off retail for a private sale of used performance bits, especially on bulky items needing to be shipped and where re&re can be somewhat destructive e.g. exhaust & suspension. As usual, if in big demand maybe you get a bit more.

+1

Retrospect
07-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Again, I still haven't determined a fair price point but once I do I will let everyone know as I'm getting a bunch of PM's

Same as above

Very helpful Skid! That is exactly the type of response I was looking for! Thanks!

Bad timing bro sorry! The next car will be even more track worthy than this one is so we should still be good to hit the strip and circuit!

Thanks for the responses guys all opinions are greatly appreciate!

what's your next car :O

81bear
07-06-2012, 05:47 AM

+1

I appreciate the feedback guys! However, to avoid any further low-ball offers I feel I need to make it clear that I will not be selling any parts at or around 50% of its total new value. I'm not in a big rush to sell anything and with the need to pay to have most of these parts removed it just wont make sense.

Most certainly interested in the front and rear sways. I'm local to you so you don't have to ship. Let me know if you are really selling.

I got it bud! There are a few local guys interested in the parts so I'll let you know once I put them up for sale.

what's your next car :O

Nothing right now. :-(

Though the parting out process is the first step towards my end goal, most probably, a 12-13 GTR! :-)

P.S. I have replied to all PM's finally

Again thanks for the replies and all the interested you'll have shown!

catch
07-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Im interested in the exhaust and im local, so no shippin :)
When you decide on a price pm me

tboooe
07-06-2012, 08:11 AM
If you are interested in selling the sways and end links please let me know.