PDA

View Full Version : Control Arms

logicbyondreaso
05-19-2005, 05:06 PM
I know this has been talked about often but i have a question if the dealer is lying or not. I went in becasue there were squeeks comming out from the front left wheel. As the dealer said "need front tie rod, and wish bone left side" Now is there anyway that the wishbone got bent or anything or are they trying to get money from me? Should i go ahead and just buy a new control arm assembly and see if the sounds goes away? And finally can the shock ever go bad to produce a "psshhh" sound when ever i go over a bump?

quickglx
05-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Could get bent somehow, but I'd guess they were talking about the joint in the arm with no further details... Either one could be making noise. Shocks normally make the pshhh sound over speed bumps and such, is that what you mean?

logicbyondreaso
05-20-2005, 03:55 AM
no just over all when i go over a little bump or just rolling on gravel it will make that sound.

TheBlueMartin
05-20-2005, 04:12 AM
Well, if they really said 'wishbone' they are lying....Audi's from '96 up have 4 link independant front suspensions. The ball joints on the outer links of the suspention can make noise, and can bend.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Audi&engine=1.8T&model=B5%20A4&submodel=Quattro&category=Suspension