PDA

View Full Version : Door Trim Petition!

headshok2002
05-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, I need your help on this... Audi just shot me down regarding my lower door trim replacement battle... I think its pretty rediculous, and the guy who was helping me at the local dealer here was totally on my side, and 2 managers at the audi dealership agreed this is an audi defect. AGAIN: this is the LOWER door trim, the rubberish stuff... if you push against it, you may hear a cracking (as the rusted steel crushes beneath your finger) I believe this affected 1998 - 2001 audi a4's. Here is what I want:

If your lower door trim is damaged (falling off, or getting wavy looking) please email me, or PM me your Name, VIN, and email address, and phone #, or at the very least, name vin and email. I am going to put up more of a fight than audi customer relations expects... I'm very dissapointed in this garbage.

Another thing, any of you who post on audizine or audiworld... PLEASE start a thread, linking to here. I want as many VIN's as possible, and maybe we can all get them replaced, or reimbursed for those of you who have already fixed it at your expense.

Thanks in advance!
Chris Wright
chrisrw@gmail.com

go here for pics: http://www.audiforums.com/m_79173/tm.htm

Poopie
05-19-2005, 10:34 AM
is this the painted piece that goes on the middle of the doors? mine looks like it got dented a couple tims, but i can't see how its possible there.

EVIL-AUDI
05-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by headshok2002
AGAIN: this is the LOWER door trim, the rubberish stuff... if you push against it, you may hear a cracking (as the rusted steel crushes beneath your finger) I
Thanks in advance!
Chris Wright
chrisrw@gmail.com

go here for pics: http://www.audiforums.com/m_79173/tm.htm

Clearly stated

quattroanillos5
05-19-2005, 11:09 AM
i had the same exact thing happen to me... i had bought new ones from the classified section because audi wouldn't cover them under warrenty... it took me forever to clean up all the left ver rust on my paint under the trim... thnak god for the clay bar or it would still be there.....

Audi A4 1.8T
05-19-2005, 11:13 AM
same thing happend to me.. its still like that sux

nizmosx
05-19-2005, 11:14 AM
ITS A WASTE OF TIME< they will prolly make it a service action and not a recall, the morons will prolly want maintenece records even tho it has nothing to do with it.. its just how lame audi is period. hope it ends up working out. i been rejected by them too many times to even want to try again.

b5v6
05-19-2005, 11:18 AM
I would definately like to see a lot of other members support on this. I agree with this being Audi's fault and feel they should take responsibility. I will have my information for you on Audiforums later today.

jaustin
05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
email sent [up]

headshok2002
05-19-2005, 05:21 PM
I appreciate it guys... have about half a dozen so far... and I know there are more of us out there! Even if you have already paid for it, send your info... if you have a receipt.

I'm making this easy on you... just send your name, email, and VIN... and preferably a phone #... and I do the rest. You have nothing to lose!

If you're like me, and anal about your car... this type of thing can really infuriate you. In all fairness, I was ready to pay for this (although, being a student, I'm hard pressed for cash)... But before I paid, I was told to ask audi about it, because they are aware its a problem. The way audi shot me down, and BS'd me about lack of service records... made this a matter of principle! They need to take responsibility for what is CLEARLY a defect in design.

Thanks again guys!

nramsey
05-19-2005, 06:16 PM
No offense, but you can buy replacements for $29.95 each from ECS...could replace all 4 doors for $120. Doesn't seem that big a deal to me.

quickglx
05-19-2005, 06:37 PM
The cost of the parts is irrelevant. I agree it is a waste of time to even attempt to complain but this is more of a matter of principal. If they can admit it is a defect, they should do something about it. Paying "only" $120 for more inferior parts isn't the right answer. BTW Impex FAP has them for a few bux cheaper. I'll send you my information...

4ingDrive
05-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Ah, that's why my door looks like that. I was wondering why it did that. I guess I just didn't wanna know I had to replace one more f'in under engineered Audi part.

headshok2002
05-19-2005, 09:32 PM
120 bucks is money I dont want to spend... when soon enough, all money expended will be added to my pile of debt... and yes, it is a matter of principle. Even if money ISNT an issue for you... do you really wanna sink 120 into your car, just to bring it back up to par? I'd prefer spending it on A: mods, or B: regular maintenance.

I detail my car once a month (work at a detail shop -- though infrequently) so my car is very very clean, all the time... so when this sh*t happens, it gets on my nerves. And yes, the comment about this being an "under engineered part" is spot on!

Thanks again, keep 'em coming guys!

nramsey
05-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Eh, I guess I choose to pick my battles differently. I'd be more inclined to bitch about the control arm problems everyone has since that's a much more major part of the vehicle.

Daft
05-20-2005, 07:47 AM
headshok2002: PM Sent to you.

BTW, I agree that even if it's $120, I'd rather spend $120 on something other than replacement body trim.

headshok2002
05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Got your reply, thanks!

And yes, the control arms is tricky, because audi has sort of side-stepped the issue with the lower control arm inspection/replacement action that they've taken... as far as their concerned, they are already dealing with the issue. It's all a scam! :) When my control arms go, I'll be getting the upgraded ones from meyle -- and with 18's and coil overs in the works, i'm sure my control arms will be affected faster than usual.