PDA

View Full Version : Got her tuned today... What a difference!

Auditude2.0T
06-25-2012, 10:06 PM
So after getting my fathers car Revo tuned I knew I wanted to get a tune on my B8 S4 as well. I think the Revo tune is Phenominal and me as well as my father think its one of the best tunes on the market for this car. I have extensively driven the Revo car and have had a few stints behind the wheel of APR Stage 1 and 2 cars and loved both. The Revo feels the best down low and is the most linear whereas APR Stage 2 has more of a kick IMO. Between my father and Tsivas (Tsivas27) we have done a good amount of research on these tunes (1/4 mile runs, 60-130, logs).. I was about to go Revo when I said why not go Giac so we have another car to add to our research. So that's exactly what I did lol..

I've only driven the car for about 50 miles but I'll tell you off the bat it is definently faster than APR Stage 1 V2 and probably just as quick as APR Stage 2 V1. GIAC seems to have a nice linear powerband and wakes up the car big time in the higher rpms. Is it as quick as Revo? No. Revo is awesome. I love the way it couples with the DSG and makes the car a 1/4 mile beast. I'll tell you one thing up top the GIAC car feels the strongest out of all three tunes. I'm not sure if it's the 6MT making the car feel faster than it really is or not.

I will have a more in depth write up this weekend.

As of right now if I had to choose a tune based on overall power I'll still say Revo is your best bet but GIAC has really got some magic in this tune and I can't wait to see what the pulley feels like! APR is also great, just not my cup of tea. I feel the pulley is over priced, the tune was over priced until there recent price drop and their intake fits like shit.. Anyways I'll have logs, 60-130 and dyno pulls to share!

apexit1
06-25-2012, 10:10 PM
awesome, well play a bit next time i make the hike

nicoli35
06-25-2012, 10:51 PM
also considering giac..thx for the writeup

QuattroLife
06-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Cool! Great to hear and thanks for adding to your research with another tuner :)

neo-spartacus
06-25-2012, 11:14 PM
So Auditude, would you recommend someone getting the new Stasis tune as a byproduct of the recent merger? Or do you think they watered down the Revo tune to comply with the warranty situation?

U2SLO
06-26-2012, 03:11 AM
We should meet up, where are you on long island?

You-S4-It
06-26-2012, 03:31 AM
Where did you get your tune from?

DBNY
06-26-2012, 04:22 AM
I will be getting the APR tune pretty soon. It took me quite a while to decide on who to go with.

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 06:47 AM
awesome, well play a bit next time i make the hike

Sounds good bro, let me know when you want to meet up.

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 06:48 AM
So Auditude, would you recommend someone getting the new Stasis tune as a byproduct of the recent merger? Or do you think they watered down the Revo tune to comply with the warranty situation?

Really depends on personal prefeence. I'm sure the Stasis tune won't be as aggressive but it'll be a strong tune. I love the Revo tune it's honestly crazy fast.

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 06:49 AM
We should meet up, where are you on long island?

I'm on the South Shore. PM me. We have a group of S4's we all get together all the time!

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Where did you get your tune from?

I went to Tyrolsport in Queens. What a shop! Spotless, busy and very polite educated guys there. Highly reccomend.

NeedQuattro
06-26-2012, 07:56 AM
I went to Tyrolsport in Queens. What a shop! Spotless, busy and very polite educated guys there. Highly reccomend.

+1 for Tyrolsport.

I really have to meet up with you guys one of these days and see what all the fuss is about with these tunes... [:D]

audisarecool
06-26-2012, 08:25 AM

+1000

The guys at Tyrol are the only ones in the area I trust to work on my car..

I also second an LI S4 meet.. I don't see too many in my area

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Everyone interested in a Long Island S4 meet plz PM me your numbers. I'll set it up. I have a private lot can meet on.

jmbs4
06-26-2012, 09:50 AM
where would you get a giac tune done?

richib86
06-26-2012, 10:33 AM
im down for a meet in LI

oc cc
06-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Wish I was in Long Island... oh, and I wish I had an S4 too lol

But on a serious note, thanks for the valuable review and trying out the different tunes. Sure, they all generally have the same performance, but as you mentioned as well, they all have different "feels" to them.

akim_hobo
06-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Thanks for writing up a comparison. It's rare that somebody has access to all the tunes [up]

You-S4-It
06-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Everyone interested in a Long Island S4 meet plz PM me your numbers. I'll set it up. I have a private lot can meet on.

What?
No one wants to hang out at Dave and Busters and watch guys beating up their girlfriends and Honda's getting overturned in the parking lot? Oh the humanity of it all.

I'm down for a civil meet and I'll bring the Grey Poupon.

dave329
06-26-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm down for meet

MrFunk
06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I would be curious to hear your review of the new stasis/revo tune seeing it is done by revo now...seeing u have driven so many different tuned cars.

PaperishPlastic
06-26-2012, 12:03 PM
What?
No one wants to hang out at Dave and Busters and watch guys beating up their girlfriends and Honda's getting overturned in the parking lot? Oh the humanity of it all.

If there is really going to be Grey Poupon Ill make the drive out from Los Angeles.

Retrospect
06-26-2012, 12:14 PM
where would you get a giac tune done?

You're in Florida right? I would go with Champion Motorsport if they're in the area! But regardless of who you will go to, call the dealer and check if they have the tools to flash your car.

MrFunk
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Really depends on personal prefeence. I'm sure the Stasis tune won't be as aggressive but it'll be a strong tune. I love the Revo tune it's honestly crazy fast.

The new new STASIS & REVO 91 tune is within 10hp of the each other (obviously STASIS being the lesser). I'm not sure that it would be noticably weaker especially if you're running 93 octane fuel on the STASIS tune... I've heard bumping up to 93 on any tune (even stock map) will get you 5-10HP.

U2SLO
06-26-2012, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Auditude2.0T;7720108]I'm on the South Shore. PM me. We have a group of S4's we all get together all the time![/QUOTE

I tried to send you to PM but wont let me I'm a NOOB! Danek from Eurotech will give you my number,2015291860

Arin@APR
06-26-2012, 01:22 PM
intake fits like shit..

[confused] [confused] Unless "fits like s***" now means "Fits perfectly", I'll have to disagree with you.

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 03:21 PM
[confused] [confused] Unless "fits like shit" now means "Fits perfectly", I'll have to disagree with you.

I didn't mean that so ubruptly. Lol. You guys make great products. Just always had a problem with the carbonio products and I've seen 2 personally and my dad has the stage 2 intake pipe and fitment could be MUCH better.

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 03:30 PM
What?

Roflll that shit was nuts....

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 03:34 PM
What?

If u want pm ur number too I'm setting up a b8 meet ip

S-Fore
06-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Not much has changed since the B7 4.2 days. Mine was so bad, the top portion came without the holes drilled to attach it, and only after I had lined it up and did it myself I realized that I had to trim quite a bit off of the edges to line it up.......Funniest part; I thought that they were all like that it was supposed to be installed like that, you know, contribution form the purchaser......Who was I to think that for $400 intake, it would be a simple straight forward install. When I read that the top cover didn't line-up for some ppl, I just laughed to myself.

their intake fits like shit..

///mpowered
06-26-2012, 06:45 PM
[confused] [confused] Unless "fits like shit" now means "Fits perfectly", I'll have to disagree with you.

Ok you can't be serious Arin!

Numerous board members have posted concerns and stated that they are unhappy with the quality and fitament of the APR/Carbonio stage 1+2 intake for the Audi B8 S4! I can fit my FULL thumb in the gap that is left where the intake should connect to the Oem intake snorkel/scoop piece just behind the radiator!!!!

"Perfect Fitament" [rolleyes]

Gweezil
06-26-2012, 06:50 PM
I would be curious to hear your review of the new stasis/revo tune seeing it is done by revo now...seeing u have driven so many different tuned cars.

I have the StaSIS(Revo) tune and I'm curious as to why we have heard anything from them since the merger. Is what I have a watered down Revo stage 1? Why all the secrecy?

RevoTechnik-GM
06-26-2012, 08:38 PM
I have the StaSIS(Revo) tune and I'm curious as to why we have heard anything from them since the merger. Is what I have a watered down Revo stage 1? Why all the secrecy?

It's not a "watered down" anything...it's a Stasis Signature Series product.
Different features and benefits, different target audience, different sales/service/support channel.

With the Signature Series product you get a significant boost in power, at a comparable price to the other tunes on the market, AND a 4-year 50,000 mile warranty, which is practically unheard of for aftermarket software in any market. (A HUGE benefit to those worried about TD1)

- The vast majority of the Signature Series customers place the confidence of the factory matching warranty as the motivating factor when making their decision.

- The vast majority of Revo Technik customers place a HIGHER VALUE (in terms of dollar per horsepower) as their motivating factor when making their choice.

Yes, the merger now means that the Stasis Signature software is engineered, developed, tested, and flashed using Revo technology.

What does that actually mean?

Rather than relying on the ability of a 3rd party supplier, all of the R&D, engineering, calibrations, and testing are now done 100% in house.
It also happens to mean that we had the ability to consistently make more power than the previous supplier while still adhering to the values and criteria set in place for all Signature Series products.

The Revo/Stasis merger now places us in a position to be the largest and most capable performance company in the VAG market, with 2 R&D facilities (one in Europe and one in America) and extraordinary resources such as multiple in house dynamometers, 24/7 access to a private test track, and one of the largest engineering teams in our industry.

Keep in mind that the proposed merger was just announced in late March / early April of this year.
The new relationship was only made official on May 31st. (that's less than 30 days ago)

There is no intent for secrecy surrounding any of our products or future activities as a combined unit.
You will all see more official details and finally be able to reap the benefits of the new partnership in the coming months.
For now, anyone who has specific questions is encourage to contact us directly and we will do our best to provide as much information as we can.

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 10:07 PM
It's not a "watered down" anything...it's a Stasis Signature Series product.
Different features and benefits, different target audience, different sales/service/support channel.

With the Signature Series product you get a significant boost in power, at a comparable price to the other tunes on the market, AND a 4-year 50,000 mile warranty, which is practically unheard of for aftermarket software in any market. (A HUGE benefit to those worried about TD1)

- The vast majority of the Signature Series customers place the confidence of the factory matching warranty as the motivating factor when making their decision.

- The vast majority of Revo Technik customers place a HIGHER VALUE (in terms of dollar per horsepower) as their motivating factor when making their choice.

Yes, the merger now means that the Stasis Signature software is engineered, developed, tested, and flashed using Revo technology.

What does that actually mean?

Rather than relying on the ability of a 3rd party supplier, all of the R&D, engineering, calibrations, and testing are now done 100% in house.
It also happens to mean that we had the ability to consistently make more power than the previous supplier while still adhering to the values and criteria set in place for all Signature Series products.

The Revo/Stasis merger now places us in a position to be the largest and most capable performance company in the VAG market, with 2 R&D facilities (one in Europe and one in America) and extraordinary resources such as multiple in house dynamometers, 24/7 access to a private test track, and one of the largest engineering teams in our industry.

Keep in mind that the proposed merger was just announced in late March / early April of this year.
The new relationship was only made official on May 31st. (that's less than 30 days ago)

There is no intent for secrecy surrounding any of our products or future activities as a combined unit.
You will all see more official details and finally be able to reap the benefits of the new partnership in the coming months.
For now, anyone who has specific questions is encourage to contact us directly and we will do our best to provide as much information as we can.

Big thumbs up to this merger. Even better things are coming to the B8 S4 market.

Auditude2.0T
06-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Update:

Tsivas27 will post data but did some more 60-130 testing tonight..

My B8 S4 stock last week was 16.1 seconds for reference in better conditions than tonight.

Temperature tonight was 70 degrees.

GIAC Stage 1 6MT (DA +980)
MODS: Tune only
60-90 3.88s
60-100 5.84s
60-120 9.92s
60-130 12.88s

APR Stage 2 V1 6MT (DA +980)
MODS: AWE Tuning Catback, AWE Intake
60-130 12.38s

B7 RS4 6MT (DA +980)
MODS: ECS H-pipe, JHM IM Spacers, JHM LW Rotors, JHM Stage 4 Clutch, Carbon Cleaned, K&N Drop in
60-130 15.06s

APR Stage 2 V2 6MT (DA +1100)
MODS: APR S1+2 Intake, Full Milltek Exhaust, LW wheels, BBK,
60-130 11.98s

NeedQuattro
06-27-2012, 04:44 AM
Update:

APR Stage 2 V2 6MT (DA +1100)
MODS: APR S1+2 Intake, Full Milltek Exhaust, LW wheels, BBK,
60-130 11.98s

Is this with the pulley? Nice numbers... sub 12 is already getting close to C63 territory...

apexit1
06-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Pete I have a suspicion that 11.98 car is s2v2 +. I think, can someone clear up the difference between s1 and s2?

tsivas27
06-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Is this with the pulley? Nice numbers... sub 12 is already getting close to C63 territory...

We have had a few sub 12 second times on our test track (winter).

APR Stage 2+ V2 93 6MT (DA -780)
MODS: Stratmosphere Intake, Winter wheels/tires
60-130 ... 11.60 seconds

Revo Stage 1 93 DSG (DA -1000)
MODS: Tune only
60-130 ... 11.87 seconds

This one was done at Primetime's quarter mile track (not our track)...
2010 Audi S4 - DSG with sports dif, 5,875 miles, 1/8 tank of gas, tools and spare removed
Mods: APR Stage 2+ tune, APR pulley, LFC's, miltek non-res exhaust, custom intake, APR CPS, front and rear sways, Alu Kruez, Brembo BBK, BBS CHR's, tire pressure 36F 32R
60-130 11.06s

Pete I have a suspicion that 11.98 car is s2v2 +. I think, can someone clear up the difference between s1 and s2?

Apexit- That s1 and s2 in mods part is referring to the APR intake. Bolded part above states it is stage 2 version 2+ car (with pulley), and LW wheels and lighter BBK [;)]

Big difference from that declined stretch eh?

Arin@APR
06-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Ok you can't be serious Arin!

Numerous board members have posted concerns and stated that they are unhappy with the quality and fitament of the APR/Carbonio stage 1+2 intake for the Audi B8 S4! I can fit my FULL thumb in the gap that is left where the intake should connect to the Oem intake snorkel/scoop piece just behind the radiator!!!!

"Perfect Fitament" [rolleyes]

There are rubber grommets on the bottom of the OEM intake that pop out of place when you remove and install the carbonio intake system. If you have a thumb size gap in the front, then your intake is not seated properly. Take the intake out, lube up the grommets and make sure it pops into place. Once fully seated, the intake will not rock back and forth much.

Arin@APR
06-27-2012, 07:15 AM

Quite frankly that's an absolute load of BS. [:D]

Exactly what "criteria" is set in place for "Signature Series" products? As Stasis' previous software supplier, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, the only criteria was the name. There was no long term testing or critical analysis of the data. Software was produced an immediately distributed though their dealer network. The whole program is a load of smoke and mirrors.

Auditude2.0T
06-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Why is there a tuner fight in my thread? This happens like every other thread lol

A5RIZ
06-27-2012, 07:37 AM
still waiting on which tune to go with...its never ends

Arin@APR
06-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Why is there a tuner fight in my thread? This happens like every other thread lol

I did leave the first post alone as it's your assessment and you're entitled to your opinion. Gary@Stasisjet Technik Enterprises on the other hand opened a can of worms with his color coded bull crap markting pitch.

helix139
06-27-2012, 08:22 AM
There are rubber grommets on the bottom of the OEM intake that pop out of place when you remove and install the carbonio intake system. If you have a thumb size gap in the front, then your intake is not seated properly. Take the intake out, lube up the grommets and make sure it pops into place. Once fully seated, the intake will not rock back and forth much.

Bingo. Mine fits perfectly. The filter was a bitch to fit on the lip and the lid was tough to seat fully and required the screws to be evenly tightened as opposed to tightening one all the way then tightening another, etc, but a little common sense and following the directions and I had no problem.

A couple pics from when I detailed my engine bay 2 weeks ago:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5329/7394917524_ab035b962c_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/7394924892_476d836576_b.jpg

MrFunk
06-27-2012, 08:37 AM
I must say - that's a good looking intake! Very nice... I don't need one up here in brrr MN... but if I did - I'd prob lean towards that one...

Stereodude
06-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Quite frankly that's an absolute load of BS. [:D]I thought the APR company line was that REVO made more power but it wasn't "safe". So you're saying that the new REVO/Stasis tune doesn't make any more power than the APR/Stasis tune? Or, are you taking exception to them still adhering to their values and criteria?

MrFunk
06-27-2012, 08:58 AM
I thought the APR company line was that REVO made more power but it wasn't "safe". So you're saying that the new REVO/Stasis tune doesn't make any more power than the APR/Stasis tune? Or, are you taking exception to them still adhering to their values and criteria?

Oh boy - here comes the can of worms! I'd say emotional response which we don't need more of...

compguy
06-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Oh that's easy....Arin@APR = sour grapes. It's that simple.

compguy
06-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Hey didn't APR fully particpate in the smoke and mirrors by not owning up to being the software supplier? Oh and now because you got kicked out of Stasis you make it public and you try to slag the business you used to be supplier to. Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me.

Quite frankly that's an absolute load of BS. [:D]

Exactly what "criteria" is set in place for "Signature Series" products? As Stasis' previous software supplier, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, the only criteria was the name. There was no long term testing or critical analysis of the data. Software was produced an immediately distributed though their dealer network. The whole program is a load of smoke and mirrors.

helix139
06-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Hey didn't APR fully particpate in the smoke and mirrors by not owning up to being the software supplier? Oh and now because you got kicked out of Stasis you make it public and you try to slag the business you used to be supplier to. Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me.

Dude have you ever thought that perhaps APR could not contractually just come out and say "Hey guys, we supply the tune for Stasis!" I did think their numerous statements to the effect of being the only company that had the ability to tune the 3.0TFSI ECU before Revo hit the market were pretty clear in their implication, however. I also think their beef was less with sour grapes about not supplying Stasis anymore and moreso to do with the history between APR and Revo.

Auditude2.0T
06-27-2012, 09:24 AM
What's new. Bullshit like usual. Here's my assessment as someone who has had good seat time behind all the tunes.

They are all so similar that it's very hard to choose. If your planning on just staying Stage 1 IMO Revo or GIAC are the answer. APR Stage 1 especially V1 was no where as quick as GIAC or REVO. Stage 2 speaking APR is currently the only one offering a pulley. Even so, until V2 was released REVO and GIAC Stage 1 numbers on the Dyno, Track and 60-130 were very on par with APR Stage 2. APR has always been the most conservative tuner- they used to easily say that but Arin isn't saying that anymore. It used to be if you want the slower, less aggressive and reliable tune you go APR if your more aggressive with your car GIAC or REVO were the best answer for off the shelf tunes. I still feel that REVO and GIAC are a step ahead. Having both cars in my driveway now I can tell you they are both AMAZING Stage 1 tunes

That all being said- Stasis used to use APR 91 tune as there signature series tune. Arin talking shit now is pretty immature IMO. No need to bash other tuners to make sales, you make sales with a good product, data and good customer service.

APR is a great tuner and without them the B8 platform would have never been so far so quickly- however without competition we would still have one $1500 tune and a $550 pulley with numbers that could have been made with the stock pulley.

APR has now dropped there price because the competition has showed up strong which IMO they didn't expect. Now that GIAC releases there pulley you'll see the APR drop in price because GIAC's will most likely be a lot cheaper. To be completely honest $550 for a pulley and a belt is such a ridiculous price. That pulley costs $40 and that belt is another $10. Add in R&D for the tune and product it shouldn't cost more than $300.

tsivas27
06-27-2012, 09:26 AM
I thought the APR company line was that REVO made more power but it wasn't "safe". So you're saying that the new REVO/Stasis tune doesn't make any more power than the APR/Stasis tune? Or, are you taking exception to them still adhering to their values and criteria?

Let's leave the tuner battle, who is best crap out of this thread. I have tested all three major tuners in winter and summer in the exact same acceleration tests/logging parameters. And all have their +/- I have absolutely zero bias to any tuner and in fact recommended GIAC to Pete.

FYI, for the fanboys... to be honest- I have not been really impressed with any Revo (updated flash etc) data I have collected from the vag com/and especially the vbox in recent summer testing from the same strip/stretch we always use. And guess what?? I still see ZERO timing pull in six cylinders in my vag logs. That's all fine and dandy when I test the car in -1000 DA but now we are seeing +1000-1500 DA on some nights and IAT creeping up very rapidly. I haven't posted any acceleration data to add to the above list as I am still in process of retesting the car in 93 and 100 modes and giving the car another try. My numbers don't lie.

Auditude2.0T
06-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Dude have you ever thought that perhaps APR could not contractually just come out and say "Hey guys, we supply the tune for Stasis!" I did think their numerous statements to the effect of being the only company that had the ability to tune the 3.0TFSI ECU before Revo hit the market were pretty clear in their implication, however. I also think their beef was less with sour grapes about not supplying Stasis anymore and moreso to do with the history between APR and Revo.

Agreed- you bring up many valid points. Being that most people here are so new to the Audi game and not knowing the background Arin looks out of line with some thing he says. Being that I know more about the history I can understand the beef the two companies have with eachother.

richib86
06-27-2012, 09:38 AM
+1 ive been around the block for a while and have seen all the shit go down
Agreed- you bring up many valid points. Being that most people here are so new to the Audi game and not knowing the background Arin looks out of line with some thing he says. Being that I know more about the history I can understand the beef the two companies have with eachother.

apexit1
06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Aren't we past the tuner wars? Forum was so civil the past few months

akim_hobo
06-27-2012, 10:41 AM

+1

compguy
06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
There is always one common denominator. He works for APR and acts like a child. If the board had some balls they'd call him on it.

+1

audisarecool
06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm all for tuner wars as long as they keep the personal insults to a minimum and stick to hard facts and data to prove their points. That way we can all learn from the discussion.

Skidrowe
06-27-2012, 11:13 AM

And boring.

MrFunk
06-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Well Auditude - since you've got some good comparrison experience - I'd love to get your review on the "new" STASIS tune given it's develped by your favorite B8 Tuner (revo)... Given it's "virtually" the same as their 91 map I'd be curious if you cold tell the difference between the two... 91 map to 91 map...

SoFlaS4
06-27-2012, 12:52 PM
So after getting my fathers car Revo tuned I knew I wanted to get a tune on my B8 S4 as well. I think the Revo tune is Phenominal and me as well as my father think its one of the best tunes on the market for this car. I have extensively driven the Revo car and have had a few stints behind the wheel of APR Stage 1 and 2 cars and loved both. The Revo feels the best down low and is the most linear whereas APR Stage 2 has more of a kick IMO. Between my father and Tsivas (Tsivas27) we have done a good amount of research on these tunes (1/4 mile runs, 60-130, logs).. I was about to go Revo when I said why not go Giac so we have another car to add to our research. So that's exactly what I did lol..

I've only driven the car for about 50 miles but I'll tell you off the bat it is definently faster than APR Stage 1 V2 and probably just as quick as APR Stage 2 V1. GIAC seems to have a nice linear powerband and wakes up the car big time in the higher rpms. Is it as quick as Revo? No. Revo is awesome. I love the way it couples with the DSG and makes the car a 1/4 mile beast. I'll tell you one thing up top the GIAC car feels the strongest out of all three tunes. I'm not sure if it's the 6MT making the car feel faster than it really is or not.

As of right now if I had to choose a tune based on overall power I'll still say Revo is your best bet but GIAC has really got some magic in this tune and I can't wait to see what the pulley feels like! APR is also great, just not my cup of tea. I feel the pulley is over priced, the tune was over priced until there recent price drop and their intake fits like shit.. Anyways I'll have logs, 60-130 and dyno pulls to share!

I am thinking of getting a GIAC or REVO tune. On GIACs website, just off of tune and intake, they got 100 whp gain! My big concern is the warranty. Is it easily recognizable? Is there a plug and play where I can take it out before service?

13S4
06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
^^ The computer should zap you every time that question is asked.

NeedQuattro
06-27-2012, 01:01 PM
I am thinking of getting a GIAC or REVO tune. On GIACs website, just off of tune and intake, they got 100 whp gain! My big concern is the warranty. Is it easily recognizable? Is there a plug and play where I can take it out before service?

That's hard to believe, especially on a Mustang dyno.

This is why i'm skeptical...
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/467537-Dyno-Day-EFI-Logics-in-Bethel-CT-Saturday-March-3rd?p=7340974&viewfull=1#post7340974

Stock B8 S4 puts down 300/280 on EFI's mustang dyno.

richib86
06-27-2012, 01:07 PM
that would be awesome

Jimminez@Nemesis
06-27-2012, 01:14 PM

http://i.qkme.me/35pyli.jpg

SLustberg
06-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Wish I still lived in LI. meets in south Florida?
Back to the mods I don't have my s4 for more than a month and already have the itch. GIAC/revo/apr/stasis flat out who,s fastest?

Auditude2.0T
06-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Back to the mods I don't have my s4 for more than a month and already have the itch. GIAC/revo/apr/stasis flat out who,s fastest?

For comparison we will say all cars Stage 1 on 93 and all DSG- hypothetical drag race...

Revo in 1st, closely followed by Giac, APR a little behind those two and Stasis all the way in the back.

Austin@GIAC
06-27-2012, 02:00 PM

Going to stay out of the rest of this and just state that I am glad to hear you are enjoying your new tune. It looks like you are in a good spot to provide feedback with the options at your disposal. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Austin@GIAC
06-27-2012, 02:02 PM

We list a range for a reason as not all cars will do that. However, even the absolute lowest part of the range of power gains is still quite strong. Is your car a 6MT or DSG? We always offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all of our (non custom) software so that you are able to test it out before committing to it.

S4_Phantom
06-27-2012, 02:09 PM

SLustberg, I started an Audi Club in South Florida. We have meets around every 4-6 weeks. Several guys are tuned, exhaust, intake, etc. Check this thread for meetup info. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/463992-Any-South-Florida-Audi-owners-want-to-do-a-meet-and-greet

I don't want to derail this guy's thread. PM me if you want more details. Lots of B8 S4's and S5's running around down here.

tsivas27
06-27-2012, 02:14 PM
For comparison we will say all cars Stage 1 on 93 and all DSG- hypothetical drag race...

Revo in 1st, closely followed by Giac, APR a little behind those two and Stasis all the way in the back.

You haven't tested or seen an APR stage 1 version 2 car yet on our test track so that statement might be off [;)]

And you also haven't mentioned if it was in winter or summer time. That might make the list different too [;)]

MrFunk
06-27-2012, 06:17 PM

Have you tested APR v2?
Have you tested Revo STaSIS?

Those are both new tunes... I'd be willing to bed all these tunes are very similar if running same octane fuel... probably un-noticable to the daily driver...

Auditude2.0T
06-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Have you tested APR v2?
Have you tested Revo STaSIS?

Those are both new tunes... I'd be willing to bed all these tunes are very similar if running same octane fuel... probably un-noticable to the daily driver...

Never any Stasis cars. APR V2 Stage 2 yes, 2 of them.

tsivas27
06-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Not any APR stage 1 v2. Will have one soon to test.

LeadToRome
06-27-2012, 07:54 PM

That and a bunch of other ones. Somebody needs to get on that pronto.

apexit1
06-27-2012, 08:59 PM
And boring.

This is true, I've actually been frequenting a dif. bored to be entertained. While they are annoying it's hard to argue against the good info that has come out of all those threads.

Arin, you seem to be back on our boards (seems you were away for a bit), can you comment on running meth using eurocodes spacers? I wanted to run 93oct using a meth system with a bunch of safeguards running your 100oct map. I know you're against meth and you can't condone it but can you comment on the downsides?

robos4
06-28-2012, 02:09 AM
I'll be running meth whenever it comes out too.

I'm interested in hearing too. I'd love to hear tuners building a meth tune for these S4's (but I guess thats a dream)

Auditude2.0T
06-28-2012, 07:45 AM
I'd love an E85 tune....

Retrospect
06-28-2012, 10:35 AM
That's hard to believe, especially on a Mustang dyno.

This is why i'm skeptical...
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/467537-Dyno-Day-EFI-Logics-in-Bethel-CT-Saturday-March-3rd?p=7340974&viewfull=1#post7340974

Stock B8 S4 puts down 300/280 on EFI's mustang dyno.

That seemed to be the only car that put down bad numbers. But remember, different conditions. IIRC, sufficient fans to emulate going ~70mph were not used. And of course if you're not getting the right amount of air with these aftermarket tunes.. you'll see severely decreased numbers.

MrFunk
06-28-2012, 10:41 AM
That seemed to be the only car that put down bad numbers. But remember, different conditions. IIRC, sufficient fans to emulate going ~70mph were not used. And of course if you're not getting the right amount of air with these aftermarket tunes.. you'll see severely decreased numbers.

+100%

With any forced induction if you don't have sufficient air - which is more than sufficient air really - they functionality of the SC or TrB is severely handicaped.

steve0827
06-28-2012, 10:47 AM
That was my car that put down 303awhp stock on the mustang dyno at efi logics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaperishPlastic
06-28-2012, 11:19 AM

I dont believe in making excuses for Dyno's it is what it is, you want better numbers go to another dyno on another day and try to get better numbers. When I dynoed my car, they only had 1 little fan on it that is it, my car still made 376WHP, If they had 12 fans on it instead of 1 small fan maybe it would have made more power but im not going to bank on it and call my dyno a fluke or a misrepresentation. It is what it is and excuses are for bitches.

steve0827
06-28-2012, 11:26 AM
We can't compare dyno's in different places to each other....even if they are the same, they are still different.

richib86
06-28-2012, 11:30 AM
bitches get stitches
I dont believe in making excuses for Dyno's it is what it is, you want better numbers go to another dyno on another day and try to get better numbers. When I dynoed my car, they only had 1 little fan on it that is it, my car still made 376WHP, If they had 12 fans on it instead of 1 small fan maybe it would have made more power but im not going to bank on it and call my dyno a fluke or a misrepresentation. It is what it is and excuses are for bitches.

PaperishPlastic
06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
We can't compare dyno's in different places to each other....even if they are the same, they are still different.

I did a same day stock dyno and a same day chipped dyno, so you can compare my results to my results.

PaperishPlastic
06-28-2012, 11:35 AM
bitches get stitches

and end up in ditches.

KayS4
06-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I think the war is doing a great job of providing us with better end resulting products. I am just still upset the DSG guys are waiting on a LC fix from APR and a DSG tune from other tuners. I think these cars can make a little bit more power but at what cost it really may not be worth it. Also I am sure stage 3 is in the works and the room left from maxing out the stock blower platform maybe so there are larger gains from stage 3 numbers. :) Then again ill stop being skeptic and just take things for what they are. I want a mid 11s s4. Make it happen!

Ynnekdude
06-28-2012, 11:46 AM
and end up in ditches.

I've always gone by "snitches get stitches," personally.

PaperishPlastic
06-28-2012, 11:48 AM
I've always gone by "snitches get stitches," personally.

Just going off of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAFD4S0q1_w

Arin@APR
06-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Arin, you seem to be back on our boards (seems you were away for a bit), can you comment on running meth using eurocodes spacers? I wanted to run 93oct using a meth system with a bunch of safeguards running your 100oct map. I know you're against meth and you can't condone it but can you comment on the downsides?

We haven't tried it at all, but our customers run w/m systems all the time on different applications. Sometimes it works out well and sometimes it doesn't, but most of the time it seems the ones that don't work out so well were not properly setup.

I honestly haven't looked into the eurocode system other than a quick glance, so I can't say much about it. I have no data either. Does anyone know if the w/m is ever seen by any of the intake air temperature sensors?

All in all, if it's something you chose to run, especially on the 100 map with less than 100 in the tank, you'll need to know what you're doing, have plenty of safeguards in place, and a good knowledge of vag-com to make sure everything's running correctly.

I'm excited to see how people make out with the setup! Good luck guys!

I'd love an E85 tune....

So would I, or so did I. We looked into it a while back and the data was not in E85's favor, especially with the pulley installed.

Vogz
06-28-2012, 01:16 PM
So would I, or so did I. We looked into it a while back and the data was not in E85's favor, especially with the pulley installed.

Could the stock fuel system not supply sufficient fueling for the E85? E85 kicks the crap out of 100 oct as far as race fuels go if your fuel system can handle the increased demand.

Arin@APR
06-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Could the stock fuel system not supply sufficient fueling for the E85? E85 kicks the crap out of 100 oct as far as race fuels go if your fuel system can handle the increased demand.

I believe that was the case.

steve0827
06-28-2012, 02:48 PM
I did a same day stock dyno and a same day chipped dyno, so you can compare my results to my results.

I for some reason thought we were comparing dyno #'s in different places, my bad.

Auditude2.0T
06-28-2012, 03:24 PM

Good to know- thanks Arin. I figured it would be an easy power maker. I know on the C4 Platform i can go from 400whp to about 500whp with higher boost and timing that E85 can support. Maybe Stage 3 B8 S4 will be E85 capable :)

Vogz
06-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Makes sense

ilspazzaneve
06-28-2012, 10:55 PM
E85 discussion: Considering that, with a decent stage II tune, the injection time would be 8-9 ms on e85 at 7000 RPM, it pretty much writes off using e85 without bigger injectors. The injection time would start to become bigger than the dwell time of the piston at TDC.

GIAC discussion:
We never saw good GIAC dragstrip results asides from the one-off 100-octane run of the 'beta dealer', and he was doing 12.6s after that.

On easter weekend up here, the GIAC car up here was doing 12.9s on the pump gas tune, while REVO was doing 12.4s and the APR S2V2 was doing 12.2s (all pump gas).

The initial GIAC release was a little lacking, I'd say, looking at old logs - timing was 20-21 degrees adv at the top end, but it was pulling boost up high. I hope that they have fixed the control of the blower recycle valve to stay shut at WOT, and hopefully you'll get some decent numbers, A2.0T.

madmadS4
06-28-2012, 10:55 PM
I must say - that's a good looking intake! Very nice... I don't need one up here in brrr MN... but if I did - I'd prob lean towards that one...

It is a great looking intake, but I couldn't justify the carbon fiber intake just for the sake of looks. I mean, how often do I have my hood open for people to gawk at my internals? Never? For an intake, looks are at the absolute bottom of my priority list and don't justify the price premium.

madmadS4
06-28-2012, 10:56 PM

PM sent... sounds great

s4pwndu
06-29-2012, 12:35 PM
I've been following this thread and came across this today: http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/latest-info/news/detail/article/1/93/435-ps-im-abt-s4/

Is anybody familiar with ABT? Does anybody have opinions - positive or negative?

richib86
06-29-2012, 12:43 PM
its been covered... its a piggy back tune and a waste of money
I've been following this thread and came across this today: http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/latest-info/news/detail/article/1/93/435-ps-im-abt-s4/

Is anybody familiar with ABT? Does anybody have opinions - positive or negative?

ENVē
06-29-2012, 01:07 PM
its been covered... its a piggy back tune and the best one ever GO BUY IT NAO!

Fixed for false