PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Orders!

Pages : [1] 2

autoluxe
06-20-2012, 08:32 PM
So I saw that the RS5 guys that ordered have a thread that is dedicated for ordering their cars. In that thread, they post up their commission numbers and one of the members runs the numbers periodically and posts the updates accordingly.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/483653-List-your-RS5-commission-number-so-I-can-track-it-for-you!

So, my question is this...can we have a thread like that? Can the people that ordered 2013's post up there commission numbers and can we have someone run them and update this thread? That would be beyond awesome!

Just my .002

Best wishes,

Andrew

Shipping Guide from VW

that PWL PDF (http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf)

This is a quick guide that Stereodude gave to me from AW. Hope this helps!

THERE IS NO NEED TO RUN A COM NUMBER EVERY OTHER DAY OR EVERY WEEK FOR THAT MATTER!

First and foremost. Allocation is granted on the 14-15th of every month. If your dealer is granted Allocation the system will automatically pull the order into the "Factory Order Bank" according to how the dealer has the order ranked in his system. If there are 5 orders he must rank them first through fifth.

Allocation is different for model line. For example a dealer can get 1 manual and 1 automatic. Same goes for the S5.

Once a car is in "Production stock" assume at least 30-40 days before it will go into the next status, which would be "Intransit from Factory" from there it will be another two weeks. At this point the vehicle will have a VIN# and will be submitted for customs clearance. When the vehicle arrives at your countries port of entry, (we have several in the US). It will be marked "Port Stock" From there it will either be trucked (2-10 days based on location)or railed and then trucked (14-17 days)

The next status is (you guessed it) Dealer Stock. This means, the dealer has the car in its inventory and it can be prepped and delivered to the customer.

Stereodude
06-21-2012, 04:09 AM
We'd need to have someone with access to the ordering system willing to run the numbers and post the info.

phillips2024
06-21-2012, 04:14 AM
had this before however the gentleman who had access to the system can no longer do it

autoluxe
06-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Hmmm I wonder if we can find someone else that could help us out....do you guys think its worth it? There are a few people here that have orders, I just thought it would help them out too

ayz
06-21-2012, 05:22 AM
just call your sales guy

Habber
06-21-2012, 05:37 AM
just call your sales guy
Easier said than done.

richib86
06-21-2012, 06:56 AM
we had an rs4 registry and s4 registry way back in the day

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 08:11 AM
I have reached out to my contact and he claims that he can get me the info. I want to give it a try, can someone PM or post the commission number for me to confirm and test.

handruin
06-21-2012, 08:15 AM
I have reached out to my contact and he claims that he can get me the info. I want to give it a try, can someone PM or post the commission number for me to confirm and test.

Sent you a PM with mine.

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Sent you a PM with mine.

Received, I will get right back to you with the info the moment I receive it.

Thanks!

handruin
06-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Received, I will get right back to you with the info the moment I receive it.

Thanks!

Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm curious to see if it matches what my SA told me a few weeks ago. So far as I know my S4 should be getting close to shipping/loading on the boat on July 2nd and be available to me around July 30th at the dealer.

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm curious to see if it matches what my SA told me a few weeks ago. So far as I know my S4 should be getting close to shipping/loading on the boat on July 2nd and be available to me around July 30th at the dealer.

Want me to post it here or you want me to PM?

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 08:41 AM

PM sent with all your info, let me know if it helps

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 10:17 AM
drkstrA4, PM sent. That order was just placed, hence the reason you don't see a date just yet

handruin
06-21-2012, 10:26 AM
PM sent with all your info, let me know if it helps

Not sure what data is relevant or private. Anyone know what this date actually means? Is that the date it's schedule to ship or is that the date it's scheduled to arrive? I'm hoping that the "Intransit From Factory" means it's already on the boat and that is my arrival date.

Intransit From Factory
07/13/2012

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Not sure what data is relevant or private. Anyone know what this date actually means? Is that the date it's schedule to ship or is that the date it's scheduled to arrive? I'm hoping that the "Intransit From Factory" means it's already on the boat and that is my arrival date.

Intransit From Factory
07/13/2012

I sent you the definition of all your codes and what they mean, hope it helps. Let me know if you have any questions which I can help you with.

drkstrA4
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
drkstrA4, PM sent. That order was just placed, hence the reason you don't see a date just yet

Interesting. I placed the order back in April, but maybe because I made a slight change to my order from 18's to 19's, I was put in the back of the line??

handruin
06-21-2012, 11:10 AM
I sent you the definition of all your codes and what they mean, hope it helps. Let me know if you have any questions which I can help you with.

Understood perfectly. Thank you very much for translating the numbers, etc. I really appreciate it. I'm very happy to hear that 7/13 is the expected arrival date. I'm guessing the car comes to port in New Jersey for a Mass delivery?

Stereodude
06-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Do mine, do mine! S34617 [:p]

handruin
06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Interesting. I placed the order back in April, but maybe because I made a slight change to my order from 18's to 19's, I was put in the back of the line??

I placed my order on April 13th and then changed my color from Glacier White to Estoril blue on April 16th and it didn't seem to affect things. I don't think that's how the system works. If you had a commission number for your original order, I don't think it pushes you back in line, but I could be wrong.

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 11:42 AM

Cant tell you why, but in the system it looks like it was just placed/processed.

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Understood perfectly. Thank you very much for translating the numbers, etc. I really appreciate it. I'm very happy to hear that 7/13 is the expected arrival date. I'm guessing the car comes to port in New Jersey for a Mass delivery?

Glad I was able to help. Good luck and make sure to post pics, love the color combo

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 11:44 AM

Will do!

Ultbruin
06-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Me too. T16178. Thanks!

handruin
06-21-2012, 12:06 PM

Cant tell you why, but in the system it looks like it was just placed/processed.

It's very possible the dealer you ordered from didn't have a slot allocation for you until now. Did you get a commission number early on?

Habber
06-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Just PM you the same. You da man!

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 12:26 PM

WAUDGA
S34617
8K2549
K0K0
SU
1BL 4I3 6W9 9VK 9ZW AMI N3M PDU PNY SPK
$NA SOLD

Intransit From Factory 06/25/2012

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 12:28 PM

Submitted request!

drkstrA4
06-21-2012, 12:43 PM
It's very possible the dealer you ordered from didn't have a slot allocation for you until now. Did you get a commission number early on?

I've had a commnum since April 9th.

Stereodude
06-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Intransit From Factory 06/25/2012The date at the end is the date of the next expected update isn't it?

handruin
06-21-2012, 12:55 PM
I've had a commnum since April 9th.

Something doesn't seem right then, if it's just showing as being entered now. You might want to call and get a clarification from your dealer. With an order on April 9th, you should be one of the first people to be getting theirs from a custom order. When did you request a change to your order? It's possible if a significant amount of time went by between when you placed your order, maybe something happened bumping you back?

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Me too. T16178. Thanks!

T16178
8K254Y
K0K0
SU
4I3 5MK 6W3 9VK 9ZW A21 AMI N3M PDU PNY SRK
$NA SOLD

Production Stock

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 01:07 PM

Just replied to your PM, please confirm

autoluxe
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
If we want to make a master list with all the comm numbers like they did in the RS5 post I'll just update the first post with the master list or something to make it easier for everyone. But that's totally up to you guys I'm just trying to alleviate some of the waiting game tension!

drkstrA4
06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Something doesn't seem right then, if it's just showing as being entered now. You might want to call and get a clarification from your dealer. With an order on April 9th, you should be one of the first people to be getting theirs from a custom order. When did you request a change to your order? It's possible if a significant amount of time went by between when you placed your order, maybe something happened bumping you back?

Change to the order was made on May 21st. It was simply to add the 19" wheels. That's it.

Left a message for the dealer...stay tuned.

handruin
06-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Change to the order was made on May 21st. It was simply to add the 19" wheels. That's it.

Left a message for the dealer...stay tuned.

If your change request was that far into the order timeline, it's possible they had to push things back or maybe they reordered, but I don't know the process that well. If they reordered, I would have expected a different commission number so I wouldn't guess that to be the case. I would have suspected your car would have been in (or close to) production by May 21st when you put in the change request. I hope they can clarify it for you, that would really suck to have to wait 3 months from this point considering you ordered as early as was possible.

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 03:01 PM
ecooke, PM sent with your information

sendmeone
06-21-2012, 03:23 PM
For those who want to get a little crazy and track your vehicle once it hits the ship, go to Peter Lampke Schedules (http://www.pwl.de/en/schedules) scroll to the bottom where you see VOLKSWAGEN Logistics, click on the PDF. A PDF will pop up with a few ship names with the expected date of port arrival. Then follow that ship name on Marine Traffic (http://marinetraffic.com/ais/) and you would know when your car is arriving. Good Luck and special thanks to the team at the RS5 thread for the help and useful information.

Stereodude
06-21-2012, 03:48 PM
For those who want to get a little crazy and track your vehicle once it hits the ship, go to Peter Lampke Schedules (http://www.pwl.de/en/schedules) scroll to the bottom where you see VOLKSWAGEN Logistics, click on the PDF. A PDF will pop up with a few ship names with the expected date of port arrival.
I'm all about getting a little crazy. [:D] So, per that PWL PDF (http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf) my S4 is on the Neptune Ace arriving at the port in Davisville, RI on 6/25 (unless they ship US cars through Halifax).

Then follow that ship name on Marine Traffic (http://marinetraffic.com/ais/) and you would know when your car is arriving. Good Luck and special thanks to the team at the RS5 thread for the help and useful information.Oddly though MarineTraffic.com says the Neptune Ace is going to Halifax (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=311045300). [confused]

Ultbruin
06-21-2012, 07:27 PM
T16178
8K254Y
K0K0
SU
4I3 5MK 6W3 9VK 9ZW A21 AMI N3M PDU PNY SRK
$NA SOLD

Production Stock

Hmm what does that mean? Anybody have a list explaining the stages of production?

CReeds
06-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Sent PM.

handruin
06-21-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm all about getting a little crazy. [:D] So, per that PWL PDF (http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf) my S4 is on the Neptune Ace arriving at the port in Davisville, RI on 6/25 (unless they ship US cars through Halifax).

Oddly though MarineTraffic.com says the Neptune Ace is going to Halifax (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=311045300). [confused]

That could be the destination just before going to Davisville, RI. The locations are not far apart, so a quick stop there and then I guess it could make it to RI by 6/25.

Looks like mine will be on the Cougar Ace (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=563329000) that will arrive at the same port as yours in Davisville, RI on 7/13 (which is the same date reported to my by my SA at Audi). Currently the ship is located just off the coast of Florida. Last port was in Huston TX and it says the next destination is Brunswick GA. Edit, after reading the PDF a little closer, it looks like my boat is heading to Emden Germany for July 2nd. That date matches what my SA told me. I think I know where the boat is heading.

handruin
06-22-2012, 07:30 AM
I had a really funny laugh this morning. I shared with my buddy that I was now able to track the boat that would soon be carrying my S4 thanks to the help here. He sent me an email that had me laughing. He found this real picture of the Cougar ace boat. I busted out laughing at my desk at work.

Wait for it... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cougar_Ace_on_side_%28starboard_side%29.jpg)

Here was some fun facts about the boat. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Cougar_Ace)

autoluxe
06-22-2012, 08:31 AM
I had a really funny laugh this morning. I shared with my buddy that I was now able to track the boat that would soon be carrying my S4 thanks to the help here. He sent me an email that had me laughing. He found this real picture of the Cougar ace boat. I busted out laughing at my desk at work.

Wait for it... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cougar_Ace_on_side_%28starboard_side%29.jpg)

Here was some fun facts about the boat. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Cougar_Ace)

Oh man I don't even want to imagine having to wait all over again for a new car if that happened!

Vandalrg
06-22-2012, 12:25 PM
PM sent! When I asked for the number my dealer said it's slated for delivery 7/23. The next month is going to be excruciating haha.

handruin
06-22-2012, 12:31 PM
PM sent! When I asked for the number my dealer said it's slated for delivery 7/23. The next month is going to be excruciating haha.

I wonder if yours and mine will be on the same ship? I'm just outside of Boston. There is no boat coming in on 7/23 to the east coast, but there is one on 7/13 which is what I think mine will be on.

Vandalrg
06-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I wonder if yours and mine will be on the same ship? I'm just outside of Boston. There is no boat coming in on 7/23 to the east coast, but there is one on 7/13 which is what I think mine will be on.

That sounds pretty likely based on the timeline estimates posted earlier. For the first time in my life I have a reason to be concerned about maritime weather.

sendmeone
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Those who PM me, sorry for the delay but just found out that my friend is off today. I will post the updates tomorrow when he gets to the dealer.

handruin
06-22-2012, 01:12 PM
That sounds pretty likely based on the timeline estimates posted earlier. For the first time in my life I have a reason to be concerned about maritime weather.

Haha, if you're only worried about maritime weather than don't click the link I posted on the Cougar Ace boat that will be shipping our cars. ;-) It has a history of losing some cars. :-)

Stereodude
06-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Haha, if you're only worried about maritime weather than don't click the link I posted on the Cougar Ace boat that will be shipping our cars. ;-) It has a history of losing some cars. :-)They've got a new captain now Joseph Hazelwood. You've got nothing to worry about. [;)]

Stereodude
06-22-2012, 07:42 PM

Oddly though MarineTraffic.com says the Neptune Ace is going to Halifax (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=311045300). [confused]Okay, so per MarineTraffic it stopped in Halifax today and has since departed for Brunswick, GA with an ETA of 6/25 which doesn't agree with VW Logistics having it in Davisville, RI the same day.

You got me... [confused]

handruin
06-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Okay, so per MarineTraffic it stopped in Halifax today and has since departed for Brunswick, GA with an ETA of 6/25 which doesn't agree with VW Logistics having it in Davisville, RI the same day.

You got me... [confused]

My boat also says it's headed to Brunswick GA but it sailed right on past it during last night and today. Now it's just kind of hovering off the coast of New York and a bit below Rhode island. I don't get it either. Maybe the destinations are screwed up.

mattchat
06-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Seven Seas highway keeps showing up as out of range...hope that's not bad news....the other one to Halifax has just left, Phoenix Leader. I wonder if my car was on that boat. Need to call my dealer and see if they know which boat its on. Anyone been able to track Seven Seas Highway?

juntsky
06-23-2012, 09:46 PM
not an order but i have no clue where else to put it...what do you guys think of this?

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5323/7429504410_4881fd2735_b.jpg

Stereodude
06-24-2012, 04:47 AM
Okay, so per MarineTraffic it stopped in Halifax today and has since departed for Brunswick, GA with an ETA of 6/25 which doesn't agree with VW Logistics having it in Davisville, RI the same day.

You got me... [confused]If the tracking information on MarineTraffic is correct the Neptune Ace seems to really be headed to Brunswick, GA. It's several hundred miles south of RI. I did note that the PDF we've all been using as a guide is almost a month old though. Many of the boats in it don't seem to be where it says they are going or should be.

Quattroborn
06-24-2012, 05:31 AM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5323/7429504410_4881fd2735_b.jpg

Is this Glacier or Ice Silver?

Separately, if the Neptune Ace is now headed for GA instead of RI, does that mean it was diverted or is the schedule simply incorrect? Are some Northeast cars delivered through GA. . . . or is it solely through RI?

handruin
06-24-2012, 06:40 AM
If the tracking information on MarineTraffic is correct the Neptune Ace seems to really be headed to Brunswick, GA. It's several hundred miles south of RI. I did note that the PDF we've all been using as a guide is almost a month old though. Many of the boats in it don't seem to be where it says they are going or should be.

I just check cougar ace and it stopped in RI and is now headed towards Emden Germany for July 2nd just like the PDF says. I'll. E eager to see if its next destination is RI.

mattchat
06-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Whoo hoo, my car arrived in Halifax on the Phoenix Leader on the 21st.....only a few weeks away now!

sendmeone
06-24-2012, 02:44 PM
For those who have not received a response on your Commision #, please create a list so I can post them on Monday. I have received quite a few PM and my inbox was full and was denying emails. Set up your list and I will try to get back to everyone I missed by end of day Monday.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

CReeds
06-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Have not received.

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:13 AM
Seems like my friend at Audi cannot obtain information from Canada, I am sorry if you PM me your information and I wasnt able to reply with better info. Maybe someone else can get this for us

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Commission #'s waiting for response, for those who PM me I will reply with your status if there is any.

1. S42844
2. T28501
3. T33919
4. T31721
5. S43433
6. CR0002
7. T31094
8. T15324

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Comm #: T33919
Year: 2013
Transmission Model Code: 8K254Y (quattro S tronic)
Color: 2Y2Y (Glacier White Metallic)
Seats: SU (Black/Lunar Silver)
Option Codes: 1QE - 6W3 - 9ZW - MI - N3M - PDU - PQ6 - WPT
(Northeast Trading region - Front License Plate Holder - Fine Nappa leather - Audi Sport Diff - 19" Segment Wheels - Prestige Package) 9ZW & MI, I am not sure what that is

$NA SOLD

Production Stock
06/27/2012

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Commission #'s waiting for response, for those who PM me I will reply with your status if there is any.

1. S42844
2. T28501
3. T33919 (Done)
4. T31721 (Done)
5. S43433
6. CR0002 (Done)
7. T31094 (Done)
8. T15324 (Done)

Listed the ones that I was able to obtain info

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:30 AM
T31721
8K254Y
P5P5
ZM
1BL 6W9 9ZW AMI N3M PDU PQ6 WPT
$NA SOLD

Production Stock
06/29/2012

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Vin has been assied, did not post for obvious reasons

CR0002
8K254Y
N9N9
FA
1BL 4I3 5MK 6W3 9VK 9ZW AMI N3M PDU PNY SCR WL2

$NA SOLD

Intransit From Factory
07/31/2012

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:31 AM
T31094
8K2549
N9N9
SU
6W3 9VK AMI PDU

$NA SOLD

Factory Order Bank

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:32 AM
T15324
8K2549
T9T9
SU
3Y5 6W9 9ZW AMI N3M PDU WL2 WPT

$NA SOLD

Factory Order Bank

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:34 AM
T33919
8K254Y
2Y2Y
SU
1QE 6W3 9ZW AMI N3M PDU PQ6 WPT

$NA SOLD

Production Stock
06/26/2012

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Use this guide to match your codes and see what they mean.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o499/schwank26/S42013OrderGuide_Page_1.jpg

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o499/schwank26/S42013OrderGuide_Page_2.jpg

Stereodude
06-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Can you get the June revision of the Audi order guide from your contact?

autoluxe
06-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Hey sendmeone here is my comm number

T49588

According to my initial printout it says that my assigned production week starts today, 6/25 so hopefully you'll have some good news for me!

Vandalrg
06-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Comm #: T33919
Year: 2013
Transmission Model Code: 8K254Y (quattro S tronic)
Color: 2Y2Y (Glacier White Metallic)
Seats: SU (Black/Lunar Silver)
Option Codes: 1QE - 6W3 - 9ZW - MI - N3M - PDU - PQ6 - WPT
(Northeast Trading region - Front License Plate Holder - Fine Nappa leather - Audi Sport Diff - 19" Segment Wheels - Prestige Package) 9ZW & MI, I am not sure what that is

$NA SOLD

Production Stock
06/27/2012

Strange, I'll look at my order and see what might be missing. If I can't find it I'll email my SA and see if he knows what the "9ZW" and "MI" are. I was assuming they would all just line up nicely with the options listed on the order sheet.

Thanks for looking this up!

Stereodude
06-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Strange, I'll look at my order and see what might be missing. If I can't find it I'll email my SA and see if he knows what the "9ZW" and "MI" are. I was assuming they would all just line up nicely with the options listed on the order sheet.

Thanks for looking this up!Mine has 9ZW & AMI.

9ZW is in the UK brochure as:
Mobile telephone preparation – High with Audi connect. A mobile phone can be connected to the internal UMTS (3G) module via Bluetooth (provided the mobile telephone has SIM Access Profile), or alternatively through the additional SIM card reader. It is possible to transfer phone book entries to the car and manage call lists. Audi connect features include: navigation using Google Earth images and Google Street View, destination entry via Google Maps or myAudi, online point of interest search and information services such as weather forecasts and the latest world news. Audi connect also includes Audi traffic information online, which gives accurate real-time forecasts of the traffic situation along the chosen route. The traffic situation can be displayed on the navigation map or Google Earth image. Audi connect can also create a Wi-Fi hotspot in the car for convenient internet access using a mobile device (e.g. laptop or tablet). Many Audi connect features can be simply operated via MMI Navigation Plus, the multi-function steering wheel or the voice control system. Only in combination with Technology package – High or Advanced (WB6 or PCB) Reportedly AMI is the Audi Music Interface, but that has a code of UF7 001 in the UK brochure (with an iPod cable and USB cable). It might be the code for the standard iPod cable, or the Audi music interface + iPod cable.

jk25
06-25-2012, 09:54 AM
I just got my VIN from the dealer. Please post up any info you can on the status of my car.

VIN: WAUFGDFL0DA082159

handruin
06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
I just got my VIN from the dealer. Please post up any info you can on the status of my car.

VIN: WAUFGDFL0DA082159

Carfax reports it's lost at sea. Sorry man.

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 11:12 AM
T49588
8K2549
L8L8
SU
1BL 1QE 5MZ 6W9 9ZW AMI N3M PDD PDU PQ6 SCR WPT

$NA SOLD
Factory Order Bank

CReeds
06-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Carfax reports it's lost at sea. Sorry man.

Cruel.....but funny!

handruin
06-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Cruel.....but funny!

;-)

jk25
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM
"Your car is ready for pickup off the coast of Halifax. Please bring a large boat with a crane and a hairdryer"

autoluxe
06-25-2012, 05:37 PM
T49588
8K2549
L8L8
SU
1BL 1QE 5MZ 6W9 9ZW AMI N3M PDD PDU PQ6 SCR WPT

$NA SOLD
Factory Order Bank

Well that sucks I was hoping for some better news. So here is my next question....

What is the difference between "Requested Production week", "Assigned Production Week", and "Actual Production Week".........
See attached photo for more details...any help is greatly appreciated

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7280/7444348554_292190b2dd_b.jpg

Stereodude
06-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Well that sucks I was hoping for some better news. So here is my next question....

What is the difference between "Requested Production week", "Assigned Production Week", and "Actual Production Week".........
See attached photo for more details...any help is greatly appreciatedI don't know, but I'd say you're not getting your car any time soon. [=(]

autoluxe
06-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't know, but I'd say you're not getting your car any time soon. [=(]

ah fuck my dealer told me i would get it by mid august!

Uptick007
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi sendmeone - would u mind checking on U00938? Cheers!

sendmeone
06-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi sendmeone - would u mind checking on U00938? Cheers!

Will do it in the morning.

Stereodude
06-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Will do it in the morning.Can you also re-run mine since it was supposed to have an update today. S34617

Thanks!

autoluxe
06-25-2012, 07:25 PM
ill be calling my SA in the morning and will hopefully get an explanation for what is going on with my car order

marginlerr
06-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Can you also re-run mine since it was supposed to have an update today. S34617

Thanks!

If you'd be so kind as to run mine I'd greatly appreciate it: T38553

Thanks so much.

autoluxe
06-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Just got off the phone with the sales manager...my production week is going to be July 9 and I will still be getting the car mid August according to him....so we shall see when July 9th comes around if this is true...i hope so.

handruin
06-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Just got off the phone with the sales manager...my production week is going to be July 9 and I will still be getting the car mid August according to him....so we shall see when July 9th comes around if this is true...i hope so.

Did they give you any feedback as to what might have happened? The wait sucks, sorry to hear it.

autoluxe
06-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Did they give you any feedback as to what might have happened? The wait sucks, sorry to hear it.

yeah tell me about it, I've been having dreams about driving this car lol he said since the order was changed on the last possible day to make changes it may have offset the build by a short period of time. But since its registered as a customer sold order it won't be too long before it goes into production. should be in the port first week of August and in transit to the dealer from the RI port somewhere between August 8-12 and it will be delivered to me about a week after that. They have specific requests NOT to detail the car and NOT to have the car in the show room. Im picky lol

Stereodude
06-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Just got off the phone with the sales manager...my production week is going to be July 9 and I will still be getting the car mid August according to him....so we shall see when July 9th comes around if this is true...i hope so.FWIW, I'd trust the "Actual Production Week" on the paper over the verbal meanderings of the sales manager unless he had a really good explanation as to why what's on the paper is wrong.

autoluxe
06-26-2012, 07:53 AM
FWIW, I'd trust the "Actual Production Week" on the paper over the verbal meanderings of the sales manager unless he had a really good explanation as to why what's on the paper is wrong.

your words make me sad

screw it I'm just going to call AoA and see what they have to say about it

handruin
06-26-2012, 07:58 AM
your words make me sad

screw it I'm just going to call AoA and see what they have to say about it

They would make me sad also. Hang in there. It'll be worth the wait.

Stereodude
06-26-2012, 08:06 AM
They would make me sad also. Hang in there. It'll be worth the wait.Just call me Debbie Downer!

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3857/debbiedowner.jpg

autoluxe
06-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Just call me Debbie Downer!

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3857/debbiedowner.jpg

hahaha. well I did that audi chat and they were no help. So I guess I have to call AoA when I get off work and see what they can tell me, if anything.

jasuarez
06-26-2012, 12:24 PM
For those who want to get a little crazy and track your vehicle once it hits the ship, go to Peter Lampke Schedules (http://www.pwl.de/en/schedules) scroll to the bottom where you see VOLKSWAGEN Logistics, click on the PDF. A PDF will pop up with a few ship names with the expected date of port arrival. Then follow that ship name on Marine Traffic (http://marinetraffic.com/ais/) and you would know when your car is arriving. Good Luck and special thanks to the team at the RS5 thread for the help and useful information.

SO I've been trackng the Marina Ace, which makes me a little crazy, I guess. Anyhow, my observation is: give these boats some turbos already! They're too slow, I can't imagine 51.3k tons making that much of a difference [mad]

zoop
06-26-2012, 04:00 PM
if you get a chance, plug in S33073 for me as well. appreciate the help in advance!

thx

sendmeone
06-26-2012, 06:15 PM
if you get a chance, plug in S33073 for me as well. appreciate the help in advance!

thx

Will do

Stereodude
06-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Will doYour source got sick of running these? [:p]

sendmeone
06-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Your source got sick of running these? [:p]

Sorry I have been in board meetings all day, let me check with him and get back to you guys.

au5
06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Anyone waiting for an order West Coast, BC??

My SA just phoned to let me know there has been a delay of one week. Went from week 7/16 to 7/23 for delivery to dealer.

I would be interested to see if this also affects one of the S4's expected to hit Calgary soon also. Another rail strike perhaps?

mattchat
06-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Boy I hope it's not me....let me check.

au5
06-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Boy I hope it's not me....let me check.

Totally. Keep me posted when you find that out!

mattchat
06-27-2012, 06:20 PM
None of the Canadian S4s have loaded trains, they're just collecting them waiting for the OK from Audi apparently, to send them out so they are all out at the same time for the first batches....so, yeah, still looking at 3 weeks after they load the trains.

au5
06-27-2012, 06:32 PM
None of the Canadian S4s have loaded trains, they're just collecting them waiting for the OK from Audi apparently, to send them out so they are all out at the same time for the first batches....so, yeah, still looking at 3 weeks after they load the trains.

That SUCKKKKSSSSSS!!!! [headbang]

I'll fly to Halifax and pick it up and break her in by the time I hit Toronto!!

mattchat
06-27-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm in Toronto next week, tempted to ask them if I could fly over to Hali and pick her up, would be a nice drive home.....like 4 days!!

sendmeone
06-28-2012, 06:50 AM
401A24
U00938
8T354Y
T9T9
ZM
1QE 4I3 5MK 6W3 9VK 9ZW AMI CRK N3M PDU PNY PQ6

$NA SOLD
I.S. Order Bank

sendmeone
06-28-2012, 06:51 AM
403C03
WAU..............77578
S34617
8K2549
K0K0
SU
1BL 4I3 6W9 9VK 9ZW AMI N3M PDU PNY SPK

$58,020
SOLD
Port Stock

sendmeone
06-28-2012, 06:52 AM
408B19
T38553
8K254Y
0C0C
SU
1BL 1QE 4I3 6W3 9VK 9ZW AMI PDU PNY

$NA SOLD
Production Stock

sendmeone
06-28-2012, 06:52 AM
409A01
WAU...............2200
S33073
8K254Y
K0K0
SV
1BL 4I3 5MZ 6W3 9VK 9ZW AMI N3M PDU PNY PQ6

$NA SOLD
Intransit From Factory
07/05/2012

Stereodude
06-28-2012, 07:01 AM
$58,020
SOLD
Port StockAwesome! Thanks!

sendmeone
06-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

You are more than welcome

marginlerr
06-28-2012, 07:13 AM
408B19
T38553
8K254Y
0C0C
SU
1BL 1QE 4I3 6W3 9VK 9ZW AMI PDU PNY

$NA SOLD
Production Stock

Thanks!

dedutch
06-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Ya I am -- I was told mine was "Port Arrived" on June 21st and that I should expect it no later than July 21st at the dealer. I hope so, but believe it when I see it.

Bclippard
06-28-2012, 12:45 PM
T15324
8K2549
T9T9
SU
3Y5 6W9 9ZW AMI N3M PDU WL2 WPT

$NA SOLD

Factory Order Bank

Man this stinks my actual production week states 7/2. I was hoping to pick this up the first week of Aug like original date given by my dealer. It looks like based on the first post I won't be getting the car till end of August.

30 day in Production stock state (July 31)
14 days in transit over the ocean (Aug 14)
2-10days Truck or rail to the Detroit (Aug 17-24)

I want this car so bad. I am becoming obsessed with the arrival of this car.

zoop
06-28-2012, 01:33 PM
409A01
WAU...............2200
S33073
8K254Y
K0K0
SV
1BL 4I3 5MZ 6W3 9VK 9ZW AMI N3M PDU PNY PQ6

$NA SOLD
Intransit From Factory
07/05/2012

great, thx much!

autoluxe
06-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Confirmed by AoA...car will be at the dealer August 20th!

proman
06-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Available July 23rd but I'm doing Euro Delivery so August 28 then I guess I'll get it stateside around October.

Stereodude
06-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Man this stinks my actual production week states 7/2. I was hoping to pick this up the first week of Aug like original date given by my dealer. It looks like based on the first post I won't be getting the car till end of August.

30 day in Production stock state (July 31)
14 days in transit over the ocean (Aug 14)
2-10days Truck or rail to the Detroit (Aug 17-24)

I want this car so bad. I am becoming obsessed with the arrival of this car.What dealer did you order it through?

Bclippard
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I ordered from Audi of Rochester Hills

Stereodude
06-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I ordered from Audi of Rochester HillsOh, I ordered from Lavery.

Bclippard
06-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Oh, I ordered from Lavery.

I didn't like how the Sales guys treated me like I wasnt worthy to shop their. I had that experience at both the Porsche and Audi dealer.

So my friend bought his A4 from Elie at Rochester Hills Audi and he has been great.

Stereodude
06-30-2012, 09:09 AM
I didn't like how the Sales guys treated me like I wasnt worthy to shop their. I had that experience at both the Porsche and Audi dealer.Odd, I contacted them by e-mail first to check out a S4. Set something up very loosely to come by and check one out. I arrived in my very stylish 2003 Chevy Malibu LS and didn't get any attitude or derogatory treatment from Jay. Very polite and helpful. You've got me why it's not consistent. [confused]

So my friend bought his A4 from Elie at Rochester Hills Audi and he has been great.In general, Rochester Hills does seem to have the best rep of the local Audi dealers. I won't shop Suburban over some experiences I had with two of their Nissan dealerships in the area.

autoluxe
07-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Any commission updates? I know my next update isn't until the 9th so I'm not in a rush but the other guys might be!

beyond infiniti
07-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Oh man, just one more month left!! Gotta get through it somehow!

Talbot
07-05-2012, 09:53 PM
How does one go about determining the name of the cargo ship the car is sailing on?

zoop
07-06-2012, 01:45 AM
How does one go about determining the name of the cargo ship the car is sailing on?

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=24172737

Talbot
07-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Aha! Many thanks.

Talbot
07-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Apparently, by the time I got around to looking at the Peter W. Lampke schedule, the boat that I expect my car was on had already rolled off their schedule PDF. Is there anyone here who might happen to know what the name of the vessel is that left on 7/4-7/5 headed for Brunswick?

HawksBAC
07-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Apparently, by the time I got around to looking at the Peter W. Lampke schedule, the boat that I expect my car was on had already rolled off their schedule PDF. Is there anyone here who might happen to know what the name of the vessel is that left on 7/4-7/5 headed for Brunswick?

It is the Cougar Ace - my car is on the same ship. It is slated to arrive in Brunswick on July 15. Here is the link with tracking information.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=563329000

Talbot
07-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks!

autoluxe
07-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Any updates on the commission numbers??

mattchat
07-09-2012, 07:49 PM
My dealer sais it was loaded on the train within the last 24 hours, should be on its way from Halifax soon....getting closer!

13S4
07-09-2012, 09:35 PM
My dealer sais it was loaded on the train within the last 24 hours, should be on its way from Halifax soon....getting closer!

I got a call today saying mine was delayed a week... It is currently stuck in Halifax. He said I should be able to pick it up on the 30th now instead of the 23rd.

GoNavy
07-10-2012, 09:32 AM
sendmeone, if you get a chance can you look up my commission number? T23715

thanks

au5
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I got a call today saying mine was delayed a week... It is currently stuck in Halifax. He said I should be able to pick it up on the 30th now instead of the 23rd.

Oh no! I'm checking mine now. Sounds like BC deliveries are getting screwed over leaving port. If mine pushes again, that will be 5 weeks overdue

13S4
07-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh no! I'm checking mine now. Sounds like BC deliveries are getting screwed over leaving port. If mine pushes again, that will be 5 weeks overdue

I ordered mine from Calgary, All of western Canada will be affected. I ordered back in April on the first batch so I can't imagine the west coast would get it first!

Habber
07-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Can anyone track Canadian orders?

autoluxe
07-11-2012, 10:48 AM
According to my dealer my car is built and waiting for a ship?? That was fast as hell! Now I need to sell my car! lol

Stereodude
07-11-2012, 01:43 PM
My car is supposed to arrive at the dealer tomorrow. It will be ready for pickup either tomorrow evening or Friday.

dawei213
07-11-2012, 02:05 PM
My car is supposed to arrive at the dealer tomorrow. It will be ready for pickup either tomorrow evening or Friday.

After a full year since you've joined the forum, you'll finally be in a S4 [up]

beyond infiniti
07-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Can anyone help me in tracking my Canadian order?

I've tried to email my dealer but he isn't replying to my emails...really annoying to be honest, especially if I am spending $60K+ on a car and should expect a high level of service, let alone a simple email response.

jasuarez
07-11-2012, 03:46 PM

Don't forget to post up some pics [:D] mine is supposed to arrive some time next week

jfowl827
07-11-2012, 06:27 PM
I can track US comm if you PM me

Stereodude
07-11-2012, 06:36 PM
After a full year since you've joined the forum, you'll finally be in a S4 [up]So, I'm not the most impulsive shopper... I have been known to over research purchases though. [:D]

MeddlingKids
07-12-2012, 01:40 PM
The dealership sent me an email yesterday that my car is on-track for delivery at the end of July. However, I called him to review the lease terms for 2013. For a 2013 Premium Plus, 36 months at 12,000 miles per year, the residual was 56% and the money factor .00141. I expected the 2013 numbers to be less attractive than what the 2012s were at before this new refresh, but the MF basically doubled. Is this consistent with what others have seen on the 2013 lease terms?

kasher_khan
07-12-2012, 03:53 PM
The dealership sent me an email yesterday that my car is on-track for delivery at the end of July. However, I called him to review the lease terms for 2013. For a 2013 Premium Plus, 36 months at 12,000 miles per year, the residual was 56% and the money factor .00141. I expected the 2013 numbers to be less attractive than what the 2012s were at before this new refresh, but the MF basically doubled. Is this consistent with what others have seen on the 2013 lease terms?

I am in the same boat "literally" :) Car is expected end of July. Can anyone confirm if the MF and Residual is in line with AFS or if there is any padding there?

B8_Jim
07-12-2012, 03:57 PM
I am in the same boat "literally" :) Car is expected end of July. Can anyone confirm if the MF and Residual is in line with AFS or if there is any padding there?

Given that it matches the numbers from June from here : http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2012/06/2012-13-audi-lease-rates-june-2012/ - that's probably what you will get from AFS.

No reason you can't shop other leasing companies though...

jdwk
07-12-2012, 04:24 PM
After a full year since you've joined the forum, you'll finally be in a S4 [up]

I've been a member since Dec 2010, and I won't see my car until Sept 27th, and it won't be in my garage until probably late November. I don't know if that is patience or procrastination.

jasuarez
07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
I've been a member since Dec 2010, and I won't see my car until Sept 27th, and it won't be in my garage until probably late November. I don't know if that is patience or procrastination.

I don't understand this. No way I could procrastinate or be patient to wait that long for something I really want - hats off to you!!

My car is due sometime next week. I started looking at maybe going A4/S4 in the beginning of April, had an order in by April 7th lol. I'm not good at waiting for something I know I definitely want! These last 13 weeks surely have taken their time going by...

Stereodude
07-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Don't forget to post up some pics [:D] mine is supposed to arrive some time next week

Here are two bad pictures of it in my garage part way through the exterior detailing process.
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9007/img1215qz.th.jpg (http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9007/img1215qz.jpg) http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/219/img1216ic.th.jpg (http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/219/img1216ic.jpg)

I'll be back at it tomorrow. I took the day off work so I can get it prepped before dropping it off to get a clear bra.

hupperware
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
it must snow a lot at your house.

Stereodude
07-13-2012, 05:30 AM
it must snow a lot at your house.Haha... One of the shovels needs to get thrown out. The other 3 are different widths and designs / styles. So, depending on how deep the snow is or what you're trying to do with it you get the right tool for the job.

MeddlingKids
07-13-2012, 08:21 AM
After mentioning that I was surprised at the increase in the MF for 2013, the dealer offered to improve the price of the car itself. We had previously agreed to $300 over invoice and his latest offer is $1200 under invoice. Now I just need to figure out where to store this thing for a month until I move back to CA. [:D]

korben
07-13-2012, 08:37 AM
After mentioning that I was surprised at the increase in the MF for 2013, the dealer offered to improve the price of the car itself. We had previously agreed to $300 over invoice and his latest offer is $1200 under invoice. Now I just need to figure out where to store this thing for a month until I move back to CA. [:D]

1200 under invoice, seems too good to be true on a 13. Obviously_real_ dealer cost is below invoice, but unless they're marking up the MF I don't know how they are making money with 1200 below accepted (truecar) invoice.

13S4
07-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I think the fact that the order sheets show "Invoice" price is a scam in itself... It is obviously there to trick consumers into thinking they are getting better deals. Everyone here is walking away smiling after dropping 55,000 dollars. The dealerships I'm sure have bigger shit eating grins. Well done Audi!

- I realize we get jammed way harder in Canada, but there is still less bullshit.

ayz
07-13-2012, 09:35 AM
1200 under invoice, seems too good to be true on a 13. Obviously_real_ dealer cost is below invoice, but unless they're marking up the MF I don't know how they are making money with 1200 below accepted (truecar) invoice.

i think people are mistaking invoice with MSRP

Dr Chill
07-13-2012, 09:38 AM
How about a little help with commission number 082079. Thanks in advance.

MeddlingKids
07-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Looking up the vehicle on TrueCar, the invoice is $45,570 + $4,070 options + $918 regional ad fees + $895 destination fees = $51,453. The offer from the dealer is $49,973.

jasuarez
07-14-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't think people are mistaking invoice and MSRP. My S4 will be arriving in a couple days and I am buying it for $1,500 under invoice, not MSRP.

I do, however, believe it's a bit of a scam, to be honest. I have had two dealers fight for my business and offer me this price. Well it's more like a competing dealership offered and the one that I had been working with matched it... but either way, there must still be more room then just "invoice" because I have heard of several people getting deals pretty close to the deal I am getting. Plus, it seems like most dealerships are willing to sell at just $500 over invoice.

There must be something the consumers don't know. I can't believe their incentives are really THAT amazing, leads me to believe the invoice prices listed on the order guide aren't true invoice....

korben
07-15-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't think people are mistaking invoice and MSRP. My S4 will be arriving in a couple days and I am buying it for $1,500 under invoice, not MSRP.

I do, however, believe it's a bit of a scam, to be honest. I have had two dealers fight for my business and offer me this price. Well it's more like a competing dealership offered and the one that I had been working with matched it... but either way, there must still be more room then just "invoice" because I have heard of several people getting deals pretty close to the deal I am getting. Plus, it seems like most dealerships are willing to sell at just $500 over invoice.

There must be something the consumers don't know. I can't believe their incentives are really THAT amazing, leads me to believe the invoice prices listed on the order guide aren't true invoice....

Well I think we all know invoice isn't really dealer cost. There are a number of things that go into what a dealer really pays, but it's safely below "invoice." A lot also goes into the agreed upon price, are they making some on the back end of your trade? Did they mark up the MF? Do they hit you with inflated ad and doc fees? Do you have a good long term relationship with your dealer? etc... No dealer is going to do an overall deal that will result in a loss, especially on a high demand [refreshed] new vehicle. If you can't see how they could possibly offer you a certain price, they are definitely making up for it elsewhere. That being said, I would definitely agree $500 over invoice (usually in the 6% off MSRP range) seems achievable in most markets, and some people do better.

EBCS4
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone

I am new to the forum. I just placed an order for a 2013 S4 last week, 7/10. I talked with the dealer today and they said that it is now in factory order bank. I was reading through some other threads and saw that it can take 1-3 weeks for it to change to production.

I was just curious to see what everyone's experience was in terms of time. Has everyone pretty much waited around 90 days to get their car or have some people received it in 60?? This is my first new car purchase and I think the waiting is going to be harder than I thought!!

beyond infiniti
07-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Hello everyone

I am new to the forum. I just placed an order for a 2013 S4 last week, 7/10. I talked with the dealer today and they said that it is now in factory order bank. I was reading through some other threads and saw that it can take 1-3 weeks for it to change to production.

I was just curious to see what everyone's experience was in terms of time. Has everyone pretty much waited around 90 days to get their car or have some people received it in 60?? This is my first new car purchase and I think the waiting is going to be harder than I thought!!

Definitely not easy. Best advice is to keep yourself as busy as possible. As for timing, here's my experience in booking my 2013 S4 in monsoon grey (Canadian order):

Booked: May 19, 2012

Upon booking, I was told to expect delivery around mid-August. Got an email from my SA telling me to now expect delivery end of July. So, likely about 2.5 months is the wait.

hupperware
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Booked May 24.
SA Placed order June 15th (had to wait for allocation)
i'm told Sep 17th or so delivery.

That allocation wait time really screwed me. Wish i knew it would be so long before ordering, but i was under the impression allocation would be available that following weekend

Ultbruin
07-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah the build time itself doesn't take long. It's whether you got the order into the right allocation timing and the shipping which takes long.

autoluxe
07-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Do we still have the ability to track comm numbers still?

jasuarez
07-17-2012, 06:17 AM
Yeah the build time itself doesn't take long. It's whether you got the order into the right allocation timing and the shipping which takes long.

This.

Though I doubt you will get it ever in 60 days. You might get it in ten weeks, depends on when you catch the dealership's allocation.

My experience - put order in 4/7, took delivery 7/16

autoluxe
07-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Sendmeone are you still running the comm numbers?

QuattroRocket
07-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Does anyone have access to the Cdn "invoice" dealer pricing ? It seems very hard to come by up here and I am wondering if the same 6% below MSRP applies in Canada ?

kasher_khan
07-21-2012, 08:08 AM
My car is supposed to arrive at port on 07/27 as per the tracking page dealer sent me. It should be coming in to Baltimore port (I presume cause dealer is in MD). The scheduled dealer delivery is for week of 8/6. Anyone know if that time frame is realistic. As in how long does it take to get from port to dealer? I heard 1 to 2 weeks and I am hoping since dealer is close to port that it is the former.

My initial ETA was 8/30 but that it went to 07/30 and now its back to 8/6. I am hoping it doesn't get delayed again. I am counting hours here....

BTW, anyone one know what AFS changes their monthly rates. I was expecting July no. but it seems now I will be making the final deal in Aug. When do those come out????

Flipflops365
07-22-2012, 01:38 PM
I put my order in on 6/16, the current estimate on port delivery is 9/5.

autoluxe
07-24-2012, 06:43 PM
I think my car is on the Seven Seas Highway. ETA to port 8/3. ETA to dealer 8/6. And I'm on vacation till 8/11...hopefully I get back in time on saturday to run down and pick up the car!

Talbot
07-24-2012, 07:03 PM
ETA to port 8/3. ETA to dealer 8/6.
My best information is that they're usually in port about 10 days - like clockwork. I'll be surprised if your dealership has it 3 days after port. Mine got to port 7/15 and still isn't at the dealership yet, and the port is only about 4-5 hours drive time away.

autoluxe
07-24-2012, 08:07 PM
My best information is that they're usually in port about 10 days - like clockwork. I'll be surprised if your dealership has it 3 days after port. Mine got to port 7/15 and still isn't at the dealership yet, and the port is only about 4-5 hours drive time away.

my dealer told me 8/6 for port date...i am only assuming that the car is on that boat as it just left emden. Now the boats ETA is 8/2. who knows?? I get back from florida 8/11 so i don't really care if it is ready before that, i'd prefer afar so I can get it right away! So ill assume ill be picking it up on the 17th which is a friday.

ObsessiveDetail
07-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Mine is supposed to arrive at port on 8/3 as well. I live in Illinois, I assume mine would be on the same ship?

beyond infiniti
07-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Mine was supposed to arrive in Halifax on the 23rd of this month. Can anyone confirm if the ship has reached port?

autoluxe
07-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Mine was supposed to arrive in Halifax on the 23rd of this month. Can anyone confirm if the ship has reached port?

Im checking for you now 1 minute...

EDIT: There is a ship docked just outside of Halifax called Grand Legacy? It looks like its waiting to come in to port as the destination says halifax still

autoluxe
07-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Mine is supposed to arrive at port on 8/3 as well. I live in Illinois, I assume mine would be on the same ship?

We are going to be ship buddies? lol

kasher_khan
07-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Guys,

Can someone please help me with this. My car was ship loaded on 7/13 and ETA to port is 7/27. (I live on the East Coast, MD dealer). I looked up the volks wagen pdf schedule that is currently posted and I cannot figure out what boat that puts my car on? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

autoluxe
07-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Guys,

Can someone please help me with this. My car was ship loaded on 7/13 and ETA to port is 7/27. (I live on the East Coast, MD dealer). I looked up the volks wagen pdf schedule that is currently posted and I cannot figure out what boat that puts my car on? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

From what I have seen that VW schedule is way off. The only way (from what I see) that you could really see if that was true was to track the port on 7/13 and see what ship had a destination of Davisville. But then again I just started doing this so there is probably a more efficient way of doing it.

EDIT: you could be on Onyx Ace which departed Emden on 7/15 and is due in to Davisville today, 8/25.

Talbot
07-25-2012, 08:51 AM

This one?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b6/Cougar_Ace_on_side_%28starboard_side%29.jpg/300px-Cougar_Ace_on_side_%28starboard_side%29.jpg

(just kidding). But in all seriousness... That is the ship my car just rode over on. Picture is from 2006, I think, and it was full of Mazdas at the time.

kasher_khan
07-25-2012, 11:37 AM
From what I have seen that VW schedule is way off. The only way (from what I see) that you could really see if that was true was to track the port on 7/13 and see what ship had a destination of Davisville. But then again I just started doing this so there is probably a more efficient way of doing it.

EDIT: you could be on Onyx Ace which departed Emden on 7/15 and is due in to Davisville today, 8/25.

Thanks for this autoluxe! I have decided that I am losing my mind and I should just calmn down and just wait for dealer to call me :)

mattchat
07-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Pick mine up in 1 hour.....wha hoo!

Vandalrg
07-25-2012, 11:52 AM
This one?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b6/Cougar_Ace_on_side_%28starboard_side%29.jpg/300px-Cougar_Ace_on_side_%28starboard_side%29.jpg

(just kidding). But in all seriousness... That is the ship my car just rode over on. Picture is from 2006, I think, and it was full of Mazdas at the time.

Mine came over on the Cougar Ace as well, and is sitting at the dealer now waiting for some paperwork to clear so I can pick it up tomorrow. I really think the first two months were easier than today. Ordered May 18th, arrived at the dealer on July 20th.

Talbot
07-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Mine came over on the Cougar Ace as well, and is sitting at the dealer now waiting for some paperwork to clear so I can pick it up tomorrow. I really think the first two months were easier than today. Ordered May 18th, arrived at the dealer on July 20th.

Did your car port in Brunswick, GA, or did the Cougar Ace stop somewhere in the Northeast en route to Brunswick?

Vandalrg
07-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Did your car port in Brunswick, GA, or did the Cougar Ace stop somewhere in the Northeast en route to Brunswick?

Davisville, RI.

Talbot
07-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Davisville, RI.

Interesting. I didn't realize it made stops. That explains why it got sort of went MIA around Thursday.

Habber
07-25-2012, 02:10 PM
FYI, for all Canadians, my dealer advised me that I will get mine on Tuesday July 31. My ship came into Halifax on July 23rd.

autoluxe
07-31-2012, 09:37 PM
I lost my boat.....it was there one minute off the coast of Nova Scotia and now its just gone. wtf.

sirpickles
07-31-2012, 11:07 PM
for those that got invoice or under -> could you PM your dealers information? I've come to the realization that a new S4 is only a little more than a used one from this thread :)

Dr Chill
08-01-2012, 02:36 AM
I lost my boat.....it was there one minute off the coast of Nova Scotia and now its just gone. wtf.
If you are referring to the Olympian Highway, it arrived in Brunswick GA yesterday morning. Confirmed with GA Port Authority.You should amend your sig.

autoluxe
08-02-2012, 04:46 AM
If you are referring to the Olympian Highway, it arrived in Brunswick GA yesterday morning. Confirmed with GA Port Authority.You should amend your sig.

Nah i dont think so I think my car is on the Seven Seas Highway...I found it again lol It was weird all of a sudden the ship disappeared again and now its back. The wait is terrible!

MeddlingKids
08-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Picking up my S4 tomorrow afternoon. Does anybody happen to know what the residuals and money factors look like for August? Also, I called AFS yesterday and they mentioned that under the Summer of Audi event, the first payment and security deposit are covered for the 2013 S4. I would assume this is netted against the amount due at signing?

ObsessiveDetail
08-02-2012, 05:41 AM
Nah i dont think so I think my car is on the Seven Seas Highway...I found it again lol It was weird all of a sudden the ship disappeared again and now its back. The wait is terrible!

Looks like the ship will make it to port today.

kasher_khan
08-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Check out this link http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2012/07/2012-13-audi-lease-rates-july-2012/ The rates are supposed to stay the same till Sep4th. So you should be fine.

autoluxe
08-02-2012, 10:41 AM
In port!! So much closer now!!

FrankO
08-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I can't tell....looks like mine is on the Ocean Highway..

kasher_khan
08-04-2012, 07:27 AM
guys,

My car arrived at port in Brunswick GA on the 27th. It was supposed to have been cleared at port on 8/2. I don't have an update as to whether it was truck loaded yet. My ETA was week of 8\6 at dealer. Can any one guess what that might mean? Monday - Friday? I am hoping it is this weekend :( cause I sold my daily driver already...

adamkb26
08-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Mine arrived at port on July 16th and it still isn't at the dealer. :(

Dr Chill
08-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Ours arrived in port 7/30 and at the dealership last night. Tomorrows delivery day!!![s4]

autoluxe
08-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Ours arrived in port 7/30 and at the dealership last night. Tomorrows delivery day!!![s4]

How did you get cleared from the port so fast?

Dr Chill
08-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I guess it was one of the first off the ship. Just lucky I guess.

clericdc
08-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Mine arrived at port on July 16th and it still isn't at the dealer. :(

Geez wtheck....mine arrived at houston port around the 30-31st, and still no word from dealer. doesn't take that long to ship something 4 hours away =( getting anxious

FrankO
08-05-2012, 06:07 AM

Woo hooo!!!!!!

Post some pics..please.

FrankO
08-05-2012, 06:10 AM

I hope mine clears that quickly...

Dr Chill
08-05-2012, 05:52 PM

I found out how it arrived so quick. I emailed my salesman to check if it arrived in port about 3 hours after the boat arrived. He said the car was listed as IN PORT so he marked it as sold and put a rush order in, and it got on one of the first trucks to FL.

Car is really nice. It is specced similar to autoluxe's except it is S-tronic, black, black/silver Nappa, Prestige, Carbon Atlas, 19" Peelers, Sports Diff. No pics yet because I was too busy teaching my mother in law how to use all the controls. It's a 75th birthday present for herself (and for me as well in 4 years when I buy it from her with 10,000 miles on it)[;)]

Toecutter
08-05-2012, 07:00 PM
No pics yet because I was too busy teaching my mother in law how to use all the controls. It's a 75th birthday present for herself

How awesome is that?

kasher_khan
08-06-2012, 08:54 AM
My car arrived at port Brunswick GA on 7/26. However it has not moved since. Port hold end is blank and Release to carrier switched from 8/1 to 8/2 and now 8/6 (today). My SA told me it was released to trucking today but again status doesn't reflect that. My ETA went from "week of 8/6" to "week of 8/13".

Obviously I am really sad to see that happen. Anyone in a similar boat (no pun intended)? SA said that car could be here later this week... but then again, he says whatever I want to hear. the car is marked as customer sold but I don't know if that would really help get it shipped faster. Dealer is in MD. Does anyone know if AOA estimates are pretty accurate. Should I expect the car this week of next?

autoluxe
08-06-2012, 11:20 AM
My car is sitting in the dealership and I'm in Florida on vacation.

handruin
08-06-2012, 11:31 AM
My car is sitting in the dealership and I'm in Florida on vacation.

I had the same thing happen to me. My dealership called me literally as I was 20 minutes into my trip to go to Maine on vacation. I was conflicted because I was happy to be on vacation, but I also wanted the car! I know your pain. :-)

adamkb26
08-06-2012, 11:59 AM
My delivery date finally is set for this Wednesday. Think it's the first Misano Red 2013 S4 on the forum, haven't seen any others yet.

Green Neenja
08-06-2012, 12:49 PM
My delivery date finally is set for this Wednesday. Think it's the first Misano Red 2013 S4 on the forum, haven't seen any others yet.

Post lots of pics! My Misano Red is due to built the week of Aug 20th...

adamkb26
08-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Post lots of pics! My Misano Red is due to built the week of Aug 20th...

Awesome! I was already planning on lots of pics. Gonna try to take a bunch of side by sides with my 2012 Brilliant Red S4.

autoluxe
08-12-2012, 08:29 PM
So I have a deposit on the car that I ordered. They gave me the vin number and all the paper work. So, I was just curious and went on to my dealers website and looked under their current inventory and what do you know...my car is listed in their sellable inventory, VIN number identical to mine, options etc, its my car. What does this mean? Do all dealers do this? I dont know if I should be pissed or confused or what. Im going to the dealer at 8am to find out what exactly is going on to to finally see my car for the very first time (im hoping to take delivery this friday evening after work or first thing saturday morning). Anyway, what do you guys think? Ill post pics tomorrow!!

handruin
08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
So I have a deposit on the car that I ordered. They gave me the vin number and all the paper work. So, I was just curious and went on to my dealers website and looked under their current inventory and what do you know...my car is listed in their sellable inventory, VIN number identical to mine, options etc, its my car. What does this mean? Do all dealers do this? I dont know if I should be pissed or confused or what. Im going to the dealer at 8am to find out what exactly is going on to to finally see my car for the very first time (im hoping to take delivery this friday evening after work or first thing saturday morning). Anyway, what do you guys think? Ill post pics tomorrow!!

Same was true for my dealer. I think they list all inventory online even if it's a pre-sold vehicle, but I could be wrong.

autoluxe
08-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Same was true for my dealer. I think they list all inventory online even if it's a pre-sold vehicle, but I could be wrong.

I hope you're right! Ill find out soon enough

autoluxe
08-13-2012, 11:33 AM
All is well...finally got to see my car now I'm counting the seconds till Friday night

FrankO
08-13-2012, 09:14 PM
All is well...finally got to see my car now I'm counting the seconds till Friday night

Excited for you....mine just hit Port yesterday...hoping it is sent to dealer and ready soon......

autoluxe
08-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Excited for you....mine just hit Port yesterday...hoping it is sent to dealer and ready soon......

Thanks! I'll post pics after I'm finished detailing her. The dealer has specific instructions not to touch the car lol. Now they just need to swap out the red supercharged badges for the carbon ones that I ordered and all will be well! My car arrived at the dealer extremely quickly after it hit port, I'm sure yours will too! Congrats!

jedirocker
08-20-2012, 03:02 PM
My order was placed today. Hopefully it arrives in time for Christmas.

autoluxe
08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
I love this car.....I hate going to work because I have to stop driving it lol

jedirocker
08-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I love this car.....I hate going to work because I have to stop driving it lol

I expect the same problem. It's a 23 mile drive for me, mostly highway, and I know I'm gonna be itchin' to just keep going instead of taking my hwy exit.

autoluxe
09-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Took a while but I took two quick pics yesterday after a quick wash. Got the car tinted at Eurotech Motorsports wednesday morning, I highly recommend them to anyone willing to make the drive to Mahwah, they were outstanding in terms of both there work and customer service! Danek and all the guys down there are top notch!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8451/7906091338_a95433e7c6_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8445/7906091840_577761c348_b.jpg

abingdon
09-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Looks sweet. Nothing looks better than a clean black car. [up]

Any pics of the interior? I'm getting Black/Silver with 6MT as well, and always interested to see pics.

autoluxe
09-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Looks sweet. Nothing looks better than a clean black car. [up]

Any pics of the interior? I'm getting Black/Silver with 6MT as well, and always interested to see pics.

Ill see if i can snap a few for you before I head to the shore! Thanks for the compliments!

abingdon
09-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Got some good news on my order yesterday. Originally delivery was supposed to be "November," which got moved up to 10/29 "at the latest." I got a voicemail yesterday from my salesperson saying now delivery has been moved up to 10/15 "at the latest," probably 7-10 days before that. Is anyone still able to run commission numbers? I'd really like to try to figure out what boat my car is going to be on.

Incidentally - and Murphy's Law said this was going to happen - if the car arrives prior to 10/15, of course I'm going to be on a family vacation that's been scheduled for months. It kills me to think the car might have to sit at the dealer for a few days to a week. Do I need to worry that they will let anyone else drive it, etc.?

handruin
09-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Got some good news on my order yesterday. Originally delivery was supposed to be "November," which got moved up to 10/29 "at the latest." I got a voicemail yesterday from my salesperson saying now delivery has been moved up to 10/15 "at the latest," probably 7-10 days before that. Is anyone still able to run commission numbers? I'd really like to try to figure out what boat my car is going to be on.

Incidentally - and Murphy's Law said this was going to happen - if the car arrives prior to 10/15, of course I'm going to be on a family vacation that's been scheduled for months. It kills me to think the car might have to sit at the dealer for a few days to a week. Do I need to worry that they will let anyone else drive it, etc.?

Congrats, and I had the same thing happen. I got called from my SA that the car arrived at the dealership just as I was an hour into my vacation trip. It sat at the dealership for a little more than a week. As far as I can tell, they didn't let other customers drive it, but there is no way I can be sure. My car had 19 miles on it which helps me believe that very few drove it before I got it.

autoluxe
09-08-2012, 07:30 AM

Welcome to my world haha I went through the same thing. Just tell the dealer to keep it wrapped up until you return home thats what I did and they listened. Congrats btw!

EBCS4
09-08-2012, 07:44 AM

Thats great news! When did you place your order? I put mine in July 10th and when I checked last month they said end of Oct delivery.

abingdon
09-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Thats great news! When did you place your order? I put mine in July 10th and when I checked last month they said end of Oct delivery.

August 15. I almost feel guilty saying that, because I know others have much longer waits. When I went in to do the order, they said there were 2 allocations for South Louisiana for the rest of the year, and if I ordered before the end of August, I'd have the car before the end of the year. Since then, obviously, they've been consistently exceeding my expectations.

I'd still love to have someone run the commission number if anyone here can do that.

EBCS4
09-08-2012, 09:03 AM
August 15. I almost feel guilty saying that, because I know others have much longer waits. When I went in to do the order, they said there were 2 allocations for South Louisiana for the rest of the year, and if I ordered before the end of August, I'd have the car before the end of the year. Since then, obviously, they've been consistently exceeding my expectations.

I'd still love to have someone run the commission number if anyone here can do that.

No need to feel guilty...hopefully it means less time waiting for all of us. It could be possible that your dealer already had an order in the system and then changed it to your specs. I know there are a couple of people that work for Audi on this board that have ran commission numbers in the past. From what I understand, only the ordering dealer can see a full list of production dates. If someone else ran your commission number they can see where you are right now.

jedirocker
09-08-2012, 09:28 AM

Interesting. Mine was ordered on Aug 20. A recent status check shows it is expected to arrive the last week of Oct. This is a lot sooner than I expected.

CharlieG
09-08-2012, 01:30 PM
No need to feel guilty...hopefully it means less time waiting for all of us. It could be possible that your dealer already had an order in the system and then changed it to your specs. I know there are a couple of people that work for Audi on this board that have ran commission numbers in the past. From what I understand, only the ordering dealer can see a full list of production dates. If someone else ran your commission number they can see where you are right now.

Ordered mine the last week of July and was originally told late Sept. or early Oct. Got an update via email from my SA last week stating car was now expected to arrive late Oct. When we ordered my wife's A4 two years ago they initially said three months but then the car showed up in less than two. SA said they changed one of their previous existing (stock) orders so the car got done sooner. Doesn't look like that's happening this time around and I've already sold my 04 S4 in anticipation.

IceAero
09-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Wow.

Went to place an order today, 6MT/Glacier White/B&O/Sports Diff...had them agree to 500 over invoice.

So excited, it's been my dream car for years now and I can finally afford it.

But apparently this is a 'strange' order (because it doesn't have nav?) and they wanted a 5k deposit. Admittedly the salesperson felt bad because it was the managers call. I argued them down to 3k, but then said screw it. Hopefully I have better luck at a different dealership.

abingdon
09-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I have a message into my SA for clarification, but maybe someone could help me think through this. I am in Louisiana and as I understand it, our cars come through Houston. The dealer on more than one occasion has said, "we are often the truck's first stop" out of port. They told me 10/15 at the latest, "probably 7-10 days before." Based on the truck transit time of 2-10 days on the first page of this thread, I would assume that they think the car will be loaded on the truck on/about 10/5.

What I'm trying to figure out is, working back from a date of being released from port on 10/5, could this mean the car is actually already built and maybe already released to the carrier? It looks like the ships take about 2.5 weeks to reach Houston, so wouldn't this mean that my car would have to be on a ship sometime within about a week?

(Unfortunately the VW Logistics schedule is not updated beyond the Seven Seas Highway departure on 8/31, so it's hard to get a sense for what boats are a possibility...)

GoNavy
09-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I just got my VIN. I'm assuming that means the vehicle is built... Anyone know how I can figure out the tentative shipping and delivery dates/schedules?

abingdon
09-14-2012, 06:10 AM
I wish the darn Peter Lampke schedule would update. [:(]

Flipflops365
09-14-2012, 06:19 AM
I was supposed to pick up my S4 tomorrow, but I'm going to try and swing it for today as it's sitting at the dealership!

GoNavy
09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I wish the darn Peter Lampke schedule would update. [:(]

I feel your pain... so I emailed them and they sent me back the September shipping schedule:

http://imageshack.us/f/253/sept12pwlshippingschedu.jpg/

abingdon
09-14-2012, 07:16 PM
I feel your pain... so I emailed them and they sent me back the September shipping schedule:

http://imageshack.us/f/253/sept12pwlshippingschedu.jpg/

Awesome, thanks! Per your note above, your SA should be able to tell you your ship load date. Their system shows them either an estimate or an actual date. I finally connected with my SA yesterday, and she was able to give me all the details over the phone in a matter of a few minutes.

Apparently the system is scheduled to update on Monday. My car went into production on 9/4 and has an estimated ship load date of 9/20 which would put it on the infamous Cougar Ace. But my SA says she bets it will be here earlier, so who knows. I'm either on the Marina Ace, which left Emden earlier this week, or will be on the Shanghai Highway or Cougar Ace. Should know for sure on Monday. Thanks again for posting this.

GoNavy
09-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Awesome, thanks! Per your note above, your SA should be able to tell you your ship load date. Their system shows them either an estimate or an actual date. I finally connected with my SA yesterday, and she was able to give me all the details over the phone in a matter of a few minutes.

Apparently the system is scheduled to update on Monday. My car went into production on 9/4 and has an estimated ship load date of 9/20 which would put it on the infamous Cougar Ace. But my SA says she bets it will be here earlier, so who knows. I'm either on the Marina Ace, which left Emden earlier this week, or will be on the Shanghai Highway or Cougar Ace. Should know for sure on Monday. Thanks again for posting this.

you're welcome! thanks for the info on getting a delivery date. i'll look into chasing down those dates! i was hoping maybe my car would get on the serenity ace, but probably more likely to be on nippon highway... ahhh the wait is killing me now! haha hope the wait isn't as painful for you!

gboogie88
09-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Does anyone on here have access to the Canadian ordering system? I contacted my SA and he mentioned that my car is in production as week speak and won't be shipped til Mid-October. Just want to make sure I am not getting the run around.

Thanks.

abingdon
09-18-2012, 08:10 AM
you're welcome! thanks for the info on getting a delivery date. i'll look into chasing down those dates! i was hoping maybe my car would get on the serenity ace, but probably more likely to be on nippon highway... ahhh the wait is killing me now! haha hope the wait isn't as painful for you!

The Shanghai Highway just left Emden within the last hour or so... hoping my car might have made that boat. Apparently my SA is out until tomorrow, so I'll have to wait at least another day to find out the specific vessel.

IceAero
09-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Was just given a 10/24 (likely) delivery date! That's just crazy fast :D

drkstrA4
09-18-2012, 04:38 PM
My car was just delivered to the dealer. p/u tomorrow evening.

Bparkmail
09-19-2012, 11:19 AM
My B8.5 showed up early.
Audi S4 S tronic
Estoril Blue crystal effect
Black/ Chestnut Brown interior
Audi Advanced Key
First Aid Kit
Fine Nappa
Sports Diff
MMI +
19" w/summers

it was a pain in the ass to get blu/brown, but boy does she look purty!
Ill post pics once shes unwrapped and PDI'd

abingdon
09-23-2012, 07:34 AM
The Nippon Highway is docked at Emden. Looks like my car will be on it, based on the most recent update from my SA. GoNavy, did you confirm your car will be on the same boat?

well_armed
09-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Just ordered my 2013 (9/20/12)

Monsoon Grey Metallic
Prestige Plus
DSG
Adaptive SUS
Rear Diff.
MMI
Adv. Key
B&O Sound

Delivered to Port: 11/06/12
Delivered to Dealer: ETA, 11/14-16

First grown-up car for me, always drove Subaru's. Just got tired of the loud interior and lack of power.

jg 4/c
09-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Started going to dealers about 3 weeks ago. One dealer found a car based on my specs already on a boat. In port RI 9/26. Expected date
at dealer week of 10/8. So nice to not have the long wait. Dealer not that savvy with tracking. Any way to track and get updates on line?

Specs are: Premium+, S-Tronic, Monsoon Gray, Fine Black Nappa, MMI/Nav +, B&O, Sports Diff, Advanced Key, Carbon Atlas, 19" Peelers, SC Badges....