PDA

View Full Version : Replaced Water pump and thermo, what a PITA!!

cbass
05-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I just finished up putting in a new water pump along with a new thermostat. Man, I hate having everything open like that cause I just want to do everything at once! Like the TB, lightweight pulleys, electric fans, etc. I just don't have the cash flow to do it all right now (plus the tb doesn't need to be done for about 30,000 more miles). That water pump is a bugger to get out of there though. You have to rip almost everything off of there just to get to it! Oh well, just had to vent a little, now I'm done. Car runs like a champ now.

Why the heck does Audi make a plastic impeller on those pumps anyway!! Why not just do a metal one, anybody know?

marked001
05-13-2005, 01:48 PM
once you rip the front end off a couple times.. you find that you can get it off in a half hour....well, I can anyway..haha.. so dont worry too much [;)]

cbass
05-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Haha, thanks for the hope marked! The front end did suck, although I used the carrier service position to get that out of the way, so that wasn't the worst part. The worst part is that you have to take the timing belt off to get to the water pump bolts. And just to do that, you have to take off the crankshaft pulley, timing covers, etc. That's what made me mad.

BTW, when did you get that front bumper that's in your sig? And is it a different car even??? it looks tight.

marked001
05-13-2005, 02:07 PM
yeah..that's true....forgot about taking off the tbelt.. oh well..at least you know how to do it for next time [;)]

same car.. just did a little painting and such [;)] check it out.. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47356

cbass
05-13-2005, 03:33 PM
wow, that turned out really good. Now you need to come over to my house and help me respray my front bumper, lol. How did you do it? Did you do it at a paint shop or some other way? I would love to redo my front bumper myself.