PDA

View Full Version : Motor mounts

trev718
05-17-2012, 07:32 PM
The time has come for me to change my motor mounts....Is their any motor mounts (brand)
I should stay away from on ecs??
Do anyone have any mounts by the manufacturer MTC??

P.S. its a 2001 1.8t fwd

coolgraymemo
05-17-2012, 07:37 PM
The time has come for me to change my motor mounts....Is their any motor mounts (brand)

Have you tried searching?

I would start there.

BlazinB5
05-17-2012, 07:40 PM
stern mounts [up]

the $200 price tag includes both mounts and they are probably the strongest you'll find
http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/Stern_Pro_Mount_Motor_mounts-2653-348.html

trev718
05-17-2012, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=coolgraymemo;7594983]Have you tried searching?

There's a joker in every post I guess........[facepalm]

Nothing as far as fwd drivetrain....everything is mostly quattro
If it was that easy I wouldn't be posting.....

trev718
05-17-2012, 07:51 PM
stern mounts [up]

the $200 price tag includes both mounts and they are probably the strongest you'll find
http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/Stern_Pro_Mount_Motor_mounts-2653-348.html

^^I heard their pretty good but I need all five(5) mounts and my budget is tight
I did some research and the two brands that very popular is density and stern

BlazinB5
05-17-2012, 07:58 PM
OEM mounts are about half the price of the Stern mounts, so if you plan on hauling ass in the car a lot, then it would be a good idea to invest in some quality mounts, otherwise just choose from this list:
http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6169_6170_6186_6188_6726_9058

2 Stern mounts $200, 1 Stern transmission mount $67, and Stern snub mount for $29.95. it's not too expensive for quality mounts.

trev718
05-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks...I might just have to go over the budget a tad bit...

Would you recommend 2.8 engine mounts??..Cause I heard their a little bit stifffer

D's Avant
05-17-2012, 08:10 PM
I was very happy with the Stern motor mounts and snub combined with the AWE DTS on my former B5. Little buzz at idle, not bad and the throttle response, way it put the little power I had down was noticeable to me.

coolgraymemo
05-17-2012, 08:15 PM
There's a joker in every post I guess........[facepalm]

Nothing as far as fwd drivetrain....everything is mostly quattro
If it was that easy I wouldn't be posting.....

Yea, I forgot motor mounts are completely different due to your car being FWD.

Let me break this down to you:
- OEM = cheap, little slack left, may not be "durable."
- 034 = durable, may cause vibrations for the first hundred miles, vibrations die down.
- Stern = (no experience with these) vibrations persist, but they look cool.

trev718
05-17-2012, 08:23 PM
^^Im not saying their different but I rather have testimonial experience rather than just opinions..

but thanks for your comments

Seerlah
05-17-2012, 10:58 PM
-034 SD motor mounts
-034 SD tranny mounts
-034 Snub mount w/bracket

Pretty happy with this setup. I did not purchase this brand new though, minus snub mount w/bracket. Got a deal on the motor/tranny mounts, and didn't want it to slip by. Snub mount w/bracket I purchased brand new though...during one of their sales.

trev718
05-17-2012, 11:17 PM
damn..sounds like a gd set up seerlah.....

Also I dont think I'll be having the car too long...Just want something to pass the time..
Really looking to buy a quattro

M-Hood
05-18-2012, 07:57 AM
damn..sounds like a gd set up seerlah.....

Also I dont think I'll be having the car too long...Just want something to pass the time..
Really looking to buy a quattro

Well you can always swap the mounts that you put into your FWD A4 1.8t when you buy a Quattro. The mounts are the same seeing that the motor and transmission are basically exactly the same other then the Quattro transmission has a rear output.

Good options are like what Mitch said, also going with Stern Soft motor mounts and 034 transmission mounts. I have even seen some people go with Stern or 034 motor mounts, Stern or 034 passenger side transmission mount and a stock driver side transmission mount.

rAphb0y
05-18-2012, 10:09 AM
SternPro SD motor mounts, SternPro SD transmission mounts, SternPro Snub mount on a 2.8 fwd 30v for 4 years now, vibration persists at first until they're broken in. Couldn't be happier with this set-up. I believe paid between $250-$300 for it all.

ECS Tuning-Audi
05-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Below are all the available motor mounts we carry for your vehicle.

Click HERE to order or for more information. (www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-FWD-1.8T/Engine/Mounts/?salesrep=JMarusic&utm_source=audizine&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=JMarusic&utm_campaign=postreply)
http://c1552172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/126910_x600.jpg (www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-FWD-1.8T/Engine/Mounts/?salesrep=JMarusic&utm_source=audizine&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=JMarusic&utm_campaign=postreply)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

fbdohc
05-18-2012, 12:08 PM
If you want your car to be like a civic ? Buy 034 race mounts ... I replaced them all with new oem because it was causing way too much vibration inside the car, like a subwoofer that is always on ...
if you have a race car go for it, if you still want your audi to feel like an audi, go oem.
My opinion

034Motorsport
05-18-2012, 12:16 PM
If you want your car to be like a civic ? Buy 034 race mounts ... I replaced them all with new oem because it was causing way too much vibration inside the car, like a subwoofer that is always on ...
if you have a race car go for it, if you still want your audi to feel like an audi, go oem.
My opinion
We manufacture our 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts (http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis-components-audi-a4s4a6s6-motor-mount-density-line-b5-b6-b7-c5-and-many-others-p-772.html?utm_source=audizine&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=Laszlo%40034) in both Track Density and Street Density.

The Street Density mounts are significantly stiffer than stock and S4/RS4 mounts, and not fluid filled. That is what we recommend for daily driven cars.

We really don't recommend the Track Density Mounts for daily driven cars, especially not 1.8Ts, since they don't idle as smooth as the 2.8L & 2.7T do...

Track Density mounts will cause an increase in in-cabin sound and vibrations, hence the "Track Density" name. This is also included in the description for the item on the website: http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis-components-audi-a4s4a6s6-motor-mount-density-line-b5-b6-b7-c5-and-many-others-p-772.html (http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis-components-audi-a4s4a6s6-motor-mount-density-line-b5-b6-b7-c5-and-many-others-p-772.html?utm_source=audizine&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=Laszlo%40034)

"Track Density Mounts are also solid rubber mounts, but with an 80 durometer approx 90% stiffer than stock, these are solid for all practical purposes and result in ZERO drivetrain movement. Vibrations from the engine are noticeably increased but not horrible. Definitely not smooth and quiet like stock mounts, but in return you get a completely locked down drivetrain with NO slop or deflection. These are perfect for the street/track enthusiast who doesn't mind a marked increase in vibration from the drivetrain."

Don't blame the product over lack of reading comprehension. [facepalm]

I'm sure you would have been happy had you gotten Street Density mounts for your street-driven vehicle. [;)]

fbdohc
05-18-2012, 12:28 PM
i dont blame the product, thats why i told him if your looking for a race car, go with it.
Thats why i changed for oem :)
But thanks for the info i guess [up]

M-Hood
05-18-2012, 01:51 PM
i dont blame the product, thats why i told him if your looking for a race car, go with it.
Thats why i changed for oem :)
But thanks for the info i guess [up]

If he wants race car then he would want to buy "Solid" mounts which is what I have been running on my A4 for about 7 years now. No vibration at all, but that is because my engine is fully built and balanced.

morzechowski
05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
If he wants race car then he would want to buy "Solid" mounts which is what I have been running on my A4 for about 7 years now. No vibration at all, but that is because my engine is fully built and balanced.

Mike, more info on those solid mounts. I am assuming you fabbed them yourself? Have any photos??

034Motorsport
05-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Mike, more info on those solid mounts. I am assuming you fabbed them yourself? Have any photos??
We made them about 7 years ago. They were delrin mounts with an aluminum base.

We now have solid aluminum mounts available:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/nycvr6/75e8d3e0.jpg

trev718
05-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info guys... Ordered some oem mounts from Ecs....