PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: B5 A4 2.8L 30v Owners; Ignition Teaser Pic!

034Motorsport
05-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Teaser pic of a new product we are introducing next week for the B5 A4 2.8L.

Get rid of your old, worn-out, and expensive factory wastespark coil system and replace it with new, more robust, OEM Audi/VW 2.0T FSI direct coilpacks. Reduce future maintenance costs, improve performance, and update your engine bay appearance.

This kit is 100% Plug-n-Play; no cutting, no crimping, no valve cover swaps, etc.

Look for an Introductory Group Buy next week!

http://fototime.com/%7B8CE1DC8E-B492-4760-9C30-F72C49800A27%7D/origpict/28%2520coil%2520conversion.jpg

155VERT83
05-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Watching (stalking) this post.

ianwpb
05-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Just thought about this yesterday.

Silverstreak98
05-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Definitely would be a good option once my original coilpack system goes out, but I think that its a fairly reliable part of the 2.8 engine.

I'm assuming any performance gains would be pretty minor.

Regardless, it's always nice to see new products come out for this engine, thanks!

FNK
05-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Subscribed and ready to place an order.
Also, a dyno run of a before-after could yield more customer!

flynnr
05-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Subscribed and ready to place an order.
Also, a dyno run of a before-after could yield more customer!

I would guess there wont be a graph posted by 034 as it would probably turn people away.

I assume they are releasing this appeal to people not wanting to pay $75+ per coil pack, and instead paying ~$20-30

Jimmy G.
05-08-2012, 06:19 PM
subbed.

155VERT83
05-09-2012, 12:22 PM
I would guess there wont be a graph posted by 034 as it would probably turn people away.

I assume they are releasing this appeal to people not wanting to pay $75+ per coil pack, and instead paying ~$20-30

Um. Wrong assumption. I'd say ~$20 per coil pack
would be about right.

flynnr
05-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Um. Wrong assumption. I'd say ~$20 per coil pack
would be about right.

huh??

Lornnn
05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
could you please explain how this will "Reduce future maintenance costs, improve performance, and update your engine bay appearance." ?

034Motorsport
05-09-2012, 04:08 PM
could you please explain how this will "Reduce future maintenance costs, improve performance, and update your engine bay appearance." ?
Our kit will eliminate the factory waste spark coil pack and spark plug wires, and allows you to run 2.0 TSI coils.

This offers the following benefits:

You can replace coils individually, instead of having to replace an entire waste spark coil.
Replacement coils cost $20 each.
You no longer have spark plug wires. (It's the 21st century, duh!)
You are upgraded to a robust, high-energy TTL coil, which is a popular upgrade for the 1.8T and 2.7T.
Women (and men, hell, even unicorns if you're into that) will find you more attractive.

We don't claim any power gains with this. You will get a cleaner spark and better idle and part throttle.

FNK
05-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Look promising! Interested!

ianwpb
05-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Interested also...

Lornnn
05-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Our kit will eliminate the factory waste spark coil pack and spark plug wires, and allows you to run 2.0 TSI coils.

This offers the following benefits:

You can replace coils individually, instead of having to replace an entire waste spark coil.
Replacement coils cost $20 each.
You no longer have spark plug wires. (It's the 21st century, duh!)
You are upgraded to a robust, high-energy TTL coil, which is a popular upgrade for the 1.8T and 2.7T.
Women (and men, hell, even unicorns if you're into that) will find you more attractive.

We don't claim any power gains with this. You will get a cleaner spark and better idle and part throttle.

haha. thanks a lot!

2.7taudi
05-10-2012, 11:35 AM
subscribed!

155VERT83
05-11-2012, 03:51 AM
huh??

My apologies. I misread your response. My revised reply: "Your assumption is correct.:

ImTheDevil
05-11-2012, 04:52 AM
Any hints you can offer on pricing or will that only be released when the kit becomes available?

flynnr
05-11-2012, 06:38 AM
My apologies. I misread your response. My revised reply: "Your assumption is correct.:

k, Lol. I was like, wait a minute...

034Motorsport
05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Any hints you can offer on pricing or will that only be released when the kit becomes available?

We will have an introductory offer for Audizine members early next week, but general pricing will be $195 for the harness and $20/each for the OEM Factory TSI coils, putting the grand total for plug'n'play at $315.

Was hoping to introduce today, but we are going to wait until early next week so that there aren't unanswered questions lingering over the weekend.

I've also been running this kit on my own 30v 2.8L for some time now, with great results. The factory wastespark coil can only be replaced as one unit, and while there are cheaper/replica replacements on the internet for about $90, the 2.0TSI coils are more robust, a newer design, and like Laszlo mentioned, give you the option of replacing individual coils instead of having to do all 6. The cost of replacing with an OEM wastespark unit is about $200.

The primary goal of the kit is lowering future maintenance costs, but if your car is anything like mine, it was suffering from an old/tired wastespark coilpack. For obvious reasons, we suggest replacing spark plugs at the same time, but we did all of the testing on my car with my old plugs so that we could experience and log the maximum benefits without attributing them entirely to just new plugs.

Don't go expecting your car to make 50 more wheel horsepower, hahaha, but we are seeing consistent improvements in part throttle and low-load/low-speed situations, along with a cleaner/updated engine bay.

We are also considering a CNC'ed billet aluminum plate to replace/cover the void created by removing the large and heavy wastespark unit. Would folks be interested in that? Most likely would have the Audi rings and "30v" machined into it.

KinkySlayer
05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
We will have an introductory offer for Audizine members early next week, but general pricing will be $195 for the harness and $20/each for the OEM Factory TSI coils, putting the grand total for plug'n'play at $315.

Was hoping to introduce today, but we are going to wait until early next week so that there aren't unanswered questions lingering over the weekend.

I've also been running this kit on my own 30v 2.8L for some time now, with great results. The factory wastespark coil can only be replaced as one unit, and while there are cheaper/replica replacements on the internet for about $90, the 2.0TSI coils are more robust, a newer design, and like Laszlo mentioned, give you the option of replacing individual coils instead of having to do all 6. The cost of replacing with an OEM wastespark unit is about $200.

The primary goal of the kit is lowering future maintenance costs, but if your car is anything like mine, it was suffering from an old/tired wastespark coilpack. For obvious reasons, we suggest replacing spark plugs at the same time, but we did all of the testing on my car with my old plugs so that we could experience and log the maximum benefits without attributing them entirely to just new plugs.

Don't go expecting your car to make 50 more wheel horsepower, hahaha, but we are seeing consistent improvements in part throttle and low-load/low-speed situations, along with a cleaner/updated engine bay.

We are also considering a CNC'ed billet aluminum plate to replace/cover the void created by removing the large and heavy wastespark unit. Would folks be interested in that? Most likely would have the Audi rings and "30v" machined into it.

=O

155VERT83
05-14-2012, 12:42 PM

Yes! One (1) Harness and (1) one billet plate. PayPal ready.

blue28
05-22-2012, 05:39 PM
any update on this? I was pricing out replacing the plugs and wires on my 2.8 but this seems like a better option possibly

jeffrey146
05-22-2012, 05:51 PM
This keeps getting bumped up to the top. Still no updates. Prices would be nice (:

034Motorsport
05-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Apologies; I'm swamped trying to get a car finished for Wuste 2012!

The kit is ready for sale, and we will be introducing this week (promise this time!).

For now, I'm happy to share the price of $195 for the harness, and 2.0TSI coils are $20/each, putting the grand total for installation (everything you need) @ $315 + Shipping. The billet piece will be a future product so pricing is not available for that.

But as soon as the introductory group buy is posted, we will be accepting orders. We will begin shipping orders the week of June 4th.

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions or concerns.

REMEMBER, THIS IS A FULL PLUG'N'PLAY SETUP; just remove your old wastespark coil assembly and plug wires, make a couple very quick modifications to the coils (instructions will be provided on our website), plug in the new harness and push in the coils. This should take an average home mechanic about 5-10 minutes to remove the old system and install the new one. It really is that easy!

155VERT83
05-23-2012, 04:02 AM
Apologies; I'm swamped trying to get a car finished for Wuste 2012!

The kit is ready for sale, and we will be introducing this week (promise this time!).

For now, I'm happy to share the price of $195 for the harness, and 2.0TSI coils are $20/each, putting the grand total for installation (everything you need) @ $315 + Shipping. The billet piece will be a future product so pricing is not available for that.

But as soon as the introductory group buy is posted, we will be accepting orders. We will begin shipping orders the week of June 4th.

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions or concerns.

REMEMBER, THIS IS A FULL PLUG'N'PLAY SETUP; just remove your old wastespark coil assembly and plug wires, make a couple very quick modifications to the coils (instructions will be provided on our website), plug in the new harness and push in the coils. This should take an average home mechanic about 5-10 minutes to remove the old system and install the new one. It really is that easy!

Good news! I have "06E" Red coils and want a harness only.

Blackbird71
05-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Oh please do count me in for one + billet cover. Max, wasn't this something we talked about at the beginnig of May. I asked about a coil delete kit on Fourtitude.

Blackbird71
05-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Well....we're waiting.......as patientley as possible..........

155VERT83
06-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Well....we're waiting.......as patientley as possible..........

The wait may be over. The harness is posted on the 034 MS site: http://www.034motorsport.com/ignition-solutions-coil-conversion-harness-28l-30v-to-20t-fsi-coils-p-22812.html Time to [wrench]!