PDA

View Full Version : what is my problem :(

skillz
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
so ive replaced the thermostat just put in a new battery and car still doesnt wanna turn over it will crank all day but wont turn over would the ect stop the car from starting also where is the fuse box located in the car the damm repair manual doesnt say just shows me pictures

revolution337
04-30-2012, 03:26 PM
whoaaa there buddy. how can the car crank, but not turn over? I'm assuming you mean it will crank but it won't start? You have a no start issue and you tried to fix it by putting a thermostat in and a new battery? Thats doesn't make sense at all.

Fuse box is located on the drivers side corner of the dash. When you open the door you will need to remove the small cover to expose the fuse panel.

Please use complete sentences. They will take you far in life.

skillz
04-30-2012, 03:38 PM
ok thats not what happen bought the car it needed a t-stat replaced it the car would start up fine i have an aftermarket radio system i was playing the car system with the car off and i killed the battery after that happen the car will not start now but prior to the battery dying the car would start no problem.

Symon
04-30-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm confused. Are you saying that you drained the battery by leaving the radio on and now you are trying to start your vehicle with a battery that you just told us was dead?

So maybe you need to charge the battery?

skillz
04-30-2012, 03:55 PM
lol you guys i just replaced the batter with a brand new one still no start should there be a fuse to look for that might have blown and would a bad ect stop it from starting
??

howardfootball
04-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Well when doing the t-stat you should disconnect the battery because you can short the car out. Try checking all your fuses and replace any that need to be.

howardfootball
04-30-2012, 04:03 PM
This is where your fuse box is:

http://img.tapatalk.com/62e7a5fc-1a58-f53c.jpg

skillz
04-30-2012, 04:10 PM
found it and found a small 5amp fuse blown top row 3rd fuse anyone know what that is called also should i be checking the fuses with the battery disconnected ??

s3apra4
04-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Top row 3rd fuse?
From the right or left?
Is it in the micro fuse area or standard size fuse area?
Need more info to better help you.
BUT just for shits and giggles the top row of the micro fuse area three from the right is an OBD fuse #12 on an AEB motor and it should be a 10 amp,
and the fuse three from the left is an ABS/ASR fuse #16 Brake and Anti slip regulation fuse and it should be 5 amp.
Hope that helps some but still need more info.

skillz
04-30-2012, 04:53 PM
from left to right and its a 5 amp fuse the micro
i found 2more fuses blown
these are the bigger fuses 3rd row 2nd fuse 15 amp
6th row 1st fuse 20 amp
from left to right
wouldnt these stop the car from starting ??
and when replacing fuses disconnect the battery ?

skillz
04-30-2012, 05:20 PM
soon as i hooked the battery back up with the new fuses in the bigger fuses 3rd row 2nd fuse 15 amp blew

Avant Nate
05-01-2012, 09:15 AM
It's not that good of an idea to stick a larger fuse in a spot that is blown.

walky_talky20
05-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Ok, everybody. Let's use this B5 fuse diagram so we can refer to fuses by number before somebody gets hurt:

http://www.autofuseboxdiagram.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Audi-A4-B5.-Fuse-box-diagram-298x300.jpg

- The 15A fuse that blows when you connect the battery is Fuse #33: Cigarette Lighter. Nobody cares about this right now. Will run fine without it.

- The 20A fuse you replaced was fuse #29. That powers non-essential engine items like oxygen sensor heaters and such. Will run fine without it.

OP:

A - Please heed Revolution's advice regarding complete sentences. If ever you have to write clearly and understandably, the time is now.
B - What year is this car?
C - What engine and transmission?
D - Do you have spark?
E - Do you have vag-com?

morzechowski
05-01-2012, 11:15 AM
If you blow the fuses right away after replacing them that means you hooked something up wrong and you are shorting more than 1 thing out right now..

GOODBYNAAIR
05-01-2012, 04:19 PM
just saying this its most likely not the problem, but does you car have a tune?? some tunes come with a lock out mode when the battery dies it will not start until you put the key code in the ecu ? and what they said ^^