PDA

View Full Version : TT vs supercharged 2.8 A4 at autocross

ncttrnl
05-09-2005, 02:57 PM
What can I say?

Someone has to do it.

Ncttrnl vs QuattroGirl (http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48035)

Hutash
05-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Good job. I would think the TT would handle most A4s at autocross, they seem to at tracks days, but Quttrogirls has some pretty significant mods.

ncttrnl
05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Hutash
Good job. I would think the TT would handle most A4s at autocross, they seem to at tracks days, but Quttrogirls has some pretty significant mods.

Yeah... her car is pretty heavily modded and pretty quick. She actually beat me by 2 tenths at the end of the day in the unofficial runs.

It was alot of fun. We even switched off cars for the last run. The crowd was really getting into our little grudge match. We were going back and forth getting a little faster each time and thoroughly scaring the people coming for ridealongs with us.

I felt really bad at the end of the day though... I hit cone in the slalom with her car and it left an ugly black mark on her fender. I offered to wear my cabana boy white shorts and come over and buff it out for her but she declined. [:(]

EVIL-AUDI
05-12-2005, 11:44 AM
I would have thought she'd do better after all the claims she makes about how fast her car is.

ncttrnl
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by EVIL-AUDI
I would have thought she'd do better after all the claims she makes about how fast her car is.

Her car is fast. So is mine. What's your point?

Those times were actually really good for autocross noobs on street tires.

Hutash
05-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Speed is not what wins autocross, or track events for that matter. It is all about smoothness and weight transfer, especially in the tight confines of autocross. Raw horsepower is just not going to save you. That is why, I would think, a TT would make a good autocross car. They are well balanced and handle so well. Autocross is much more about driving skills, but this also applies to the track, but there horsepower and speed become more of a differential.

EVIL-AUDI
05-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ncttrnl
Her car is fast. So is mine. What's your point?

Those times were actually really good for autocross noobs on street tires.

My point is she claimed in another thread that we'd be hard pressed to find another A4 1.8T as fast as her SC 2.8. Still seems to be as if a big turbo 1.8T would beat her.

ncttrnl
05-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by EVIL-AUDI
My point is she claimed in another thread that we'd be hard pressed to find another A4 1.8T as fast as her SC 2.8. Still seems to be as if a big turbo 1.8T would beat her.

She was at a disadvantage as her car was heavier and bigger than mine in autocross.

I drove her car around the track when we switched cars and, while I didn't think it was as fast as a modded 1.8 off the line, the thing just keeps pulling. It is a monster and on a track with straights for her to open it up more... my ass probably would have been toast.

I would agree with her that her car is much faster than the majority of A4s out there. I'm not sure how she would fair against some GT30 monster or anything like that but those are an entirely different beast in my eyes.

Actually its kinda funny, after running the autocross, I think all I want is the K04 for my car. The little K03 sport is more than enough power for such a small tight track so I figure a K04 would make me nice and happy. I was looking at larger turbos before but I dunno now. I have to get into a track event and see what I like more and setup the car accordingly.

EVIL-AUDI
05-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Cool to know. Looks like it was a ton fo fun. benfica09 here in Jersey had the PES SC on his 2.8. Great ride.