PDA

View Full Version : Finally got chipped!



freeskiwp
05-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Got a giac chip, thank you howard (cloudpicker). I am in love with my car again!! woo hoo!!

bitterchild
05-08-2005, 08:45 PM
give it two weeks

Howard Hughes
05-08-2005, 09:09 PM
For the fun factor to wear off? or for the ECU to completly learn the new program?

Pureaudi
05-08-2005, 10:20 PM
the fun factor.

congrats.

offroader1006
05-09-2005, 05:44 AM
i hate you






j/k, but really i do.



ok j/k

SeanF
05-09-2005, 05:45 AM
^^^he really does...

but i dont..

Monchichi8
05-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Congrats....its a fun mod.

audidrvr
05-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by freeskiwp
Got a giac chip, thank you howard (cloudpicker). I am in love with my car again!! woo hoo!!

now we just have to get you some wheels.

freeskiwp
05-09-2005, 07:54 AM
yeah wheels will be nice. But thank god i dont have summer tires on yet. ITs snowing like crazy...

A4 in SC
05-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Congrats! It's one of the best mods evar!

Snowing? WOW! It's already in the low 70s here, and it's only 11am...

bitterchild
05-09-2005, 10:07 AM
thought i'd also chime in on howard. good guy, thanks howard if you're reading

B5A4
05-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by A4 in SC
Congrats! It's one of the best mods evar!

Snowing? WOW! It's already in the low 70s here, and it's only 11am...

It's great isnt it? Makes me want a 'vert so bad. Anyways, the GIAC chip, how does it feel SOTP wise?

A4 in SC
05-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I have an APR chip, and feels different from a GIAC. Both are very good chips, and I chose APR over GIAC. We all have our reasons...

BTW, looks like I'll be taking the <gasp!>Miata</gasp!> to work today...[:D]

God I hate 2nd shift! No, I don't work it all of the time. Just there for a few weeks...

Hopefully you can make it out to BAM one Friday night and take a few rides...

Mike

freeskiwp
05-09-2005, 10:39 AM
my buddy has an APR chip. His power definetly feels smoother, but he also has a full exhaust ,so that makes a big difference. My power comes on harder ,definetly a much different feel than the apr chip. The difference over stock is awesome, and the sound my turbo makes kicks a$$.

B5A4
05-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by freeskiwp
my buddy has an APR chip. His power definetly feels smoother, but he also has a full exhaust ,so that makes a big difference. My power comes on harder ,definetly a much different feel than the apr chip. The difference over stock is awesome, and the sound my turbo makes kicks a$$.

So in your opinion, does your buddy's smoother power feel better, or your harder power? Man this makes me want to just trade my jeep in to get a 1.8T asap.


Mike, I will def. try to come out with you guys some time. What does BAM mean anyways?

freeskiwp
05-09-2005, 10:50 AM
its hard to say which one feels better. my buddies is definetely faster due to his exhaust and he has a few other mods done as well. I think you cant go wrong with either chip. GIAC ended up being more convienient for me, so i went with it. The giac-apr debate could go on for ever, id just go with which ever one is easier for you to get.

B5A4
05-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by freeskiwp

<snip>

The giac-apr debate could go on for ever, id just go with which ever one is easier for you to get.

Ok well that helps me w/ my future decision. thanks.

Hassmeister
05-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Congrats. Now don't get any speeding tickets.[;)]

BranCKY3
05-09-2005, 11:34 AM
I have had mine for a couple months now, still love it. Plus I am still missing 6 psi, so I will be in love with my car even more when I fix that tomorrow.

A4 in SC
05-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by B5A4
Mike, I will def. try to come out with you guys some time. What does BAM mean anyways? \

OOPS, sorry. Books-A-Million. Bookstore/coffee shop on Laurens Rd. Let me know if you don't know where it is...

Mike