PDA

View Full Version : Any one use these 5-Pin to 8-Pin D-connector adapters on Ebay?

A1 A2 German
03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Have some face lift Depos coming in for my '97.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400246090733?item=400246090733&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr#ht_4300wt_932

Seerlah
03-09-2012, 07:04 PM
That's a really cool item, and decently priced. Why not purchase it, and grant reviews if it works as advertised.

A1 A2 German
03-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I'd rather save the loot if it's a no go, just seeing if anyone has tried it.....just looking at it it must be another way to wire 8-pin 1 piece as ECS using an entirely different plug being a face lift plug I presume.

walky_talky20
03-09-2012, 09:14 PM
It would appear as though that Ebay harness is the only half of the picture.

The usual procedure would be to purchase the ECS facelift connectors here:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-FWD-1.8T/Lighting/Headlights/European_Spec/ES86/

Then, you would proceed to savagely and mercilessly hack off the existing Round plugs from your pre-facelift car. After that is completed you would then strip, twist, and tape the wires together (in the bitter cold, during a torrential downpour) to ghetto-attach the facelift plugs to your car. You would then proceed to "hope you got it right" and also "hope that tape holds up" because your buddy "ran out of crimps" at such an inopportune time. But it was raining and you had to finish it *today* because of that shin-dig at your girl's place later that evening, so "whatevs" - you just taped that ish.

The linked Ebay harness would appear to be the missing link that allows you to add the oh-so-desirable facelift lights without having to modify your car's harness at all. You would purchase both the Ebay harness AND the ECS connectors and proceed to calmly and thoughtfully create a "plug and play" harness in the comfort of your home/dorm/mom's basement/jail. Crimping and shrink-tubing each connection with love.

Anyway, that's my take on it based on the photos from the ebay auction. It appears to just be the round plug end of things, and does not appear to include the actual facelift plugs. The title does reference the 8-pin plugs, so maybe it is the complete harness. Somebody should buy it and see.

A1 A2 German
03-28-2012, 01:07 AM
I see three where sold since I posted this.....any one here?

I'm just thinking both the face-lift ballast and face-lift corner blinker rectangle plugs would both have to be sourced with pig tails, then solder those leads into the E-bay adapter, as well.

A little frustrated I have to remove my entire front bumper just to install (test fit) my new Depos...pffff.....errrrrr.

What's the 6 pin plug inside the Depos for?

guy022077
03-28-2012, 07:43 AM
you know the rear window motor plug is the same as the headlight "D" plug. find a local part out or a yard and go cut them out.

034Motorsport
03-28-2012, 09:36 AM
We have the 8 pin connectors nice and new.

However, we would potentially be willing to create an adapter that is plug and play from your OEM plug to the new facelift plug. Absolutely no crimping or wiring or anything.

A1 A2 German
03-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Never mind, these work backwards.

This wiring kit is for wiring up a headlights with 5 pin connecter to an vehicle with an 8 pin connecter