PDA

View Full Version : VAG-com fault 00787 hvac problems

John Do'h
02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
So basically I can't control my heating system. I can't turn the heat off or turn on the defrosters,or change the fans. The only button that will work is the increase in heat button. NeedingAnAudi scanned my car a 00787 came up. Anyone know how to fix the problem?

NeedingAnAudi
02-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah this one has got me stumped. Can't even bullshit my way through this fixed lol

Berkeley
02-21-2012, 04:14 AM
would you tell what specific type and which year. I advice you the V-CHECKER A303, but I don't know it suit for you or not!

SS92
02-21-2012, 05:16 AM
would you tell what specific type and which year. I advice you the V-CHECKER A303, but I don't know it suit for you or not!

I see what you did there, spambot.

walky_talky20
02-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Here's an interesting thread on that error:
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1525201

I've got the same symptoms lately. My dash temp will go wild every now and again. This causes my HVAC to roast me, then freeze me out, then roast me, then go back to normal. Seems to be happening more often.

For the OP, I don't think that error would affect your ability to change settings or push certain buttons. It will just mess with the temp mix if the outside temp sensor is goofy.

NeedingAnAudi
02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
His is very stubborn, it is a constant malfunction. You cannot turn the hvac off, you cannot change air flow (vents, feet, windshield), you cannot turn the rear defrost on. None of the buttons work anymore.

walky_talky20
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a dead module then, no?

I'd try to perform basic settings on it and see what happens.

John Do'h
02-29-2012, 12:48 AM
So just the other day my heater started working like normal. After playing around with the feet,vent, and windshield buttons (that where stuck.) They finally poped back out and gave me control again. My temp sensors seemed to be working fine while I was having problems. Im thinking I might just have to go in there and clean it out.