PDA

View Full Version : need a few more ideas on oddball idle BT aeb

guy022077
02-12-2012, 09:18 AM
am i going the right way with this troubleshooting?

maestro 7 i assume the 830 file is in there.

hitachi maf i assume installed correctly and working
bad CTS (im ordering one now) vag throws the code
im adding an ecs fuel pressure gauge
im replacing the fuel filter since i assume its the original from 1998
Vacuum is solid at 20 h/g no waffle at all.
i deleted almost all of the vac lines using the Vac simplification
idle is smooth this entire time until the end

start car, if i let it idle it will do so for about 10 minutes untill it gets to temperature, around that time or a little before that time, the A/f starts jumping from 10-16 to unreadable. the idle gets rough and the car just shuts off as if i turned the key off. sometimes before temperature sometimes after.

if i start the car and touch the gas, it immediately stalls.

i figure this

maybe a giant vac leak i need to make a leak checker
i need to get a new blue CTS
the maf read at idle 1.7g/s but i dont know what a good read is with a 4 in maf
i need to see if the FPR is working but i need a gauge for that. its 4 bar
aeromotive 340 fuel pump

here are the relevant codes

I have not found this screen in maesrto yet, to delete N75 etc..

not sure i have it. ill be making an AEB screen shot thread shortly.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/l88m22vette/Tuning/NomoreCEL.jpg

Address 01: Engine Labels: 058-907-55x-AEBN.lbl
Part No: 8D0 907 557 R
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT MOTR HS D05
Coding: 06201
Shop #: WSC 06335
VCID: 3F86FC1C3D669DB

2 Faults Found:
18010 - Power Supply Terminal 30
P1602 - 35-00 - Voltage too Low
17956 - Boost Pressure Regulation Valve (N75)
P1548 - 35-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
Readiness: 0110 0101

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******-
Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 8D0-820-043-1D.lbl
Part No: 8D0 820 043 P
Component: A4 KLIMAAUTOMAT D57
Coding: 00160
Shop #: WSC 06325
VCID: 2D5AB654E70A1FB

6 Faults Found:
00779 - Outside Air Temp Sensor (G17)
30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
00792 - A/C Pressure Switch (F129)
31-00 - Open or Short to Ground
01273 - Fresh Air Blower (V2)
17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent
00797 - Sunlight Photo Sensor (G107)
30-00 - Open or Short to Plus
01206 - Signal for Duration of Ignition Off Time
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
01582 - Signal for Coolant Temperature
30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

morzechowski
02-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Sorry to hear you are having issues. But I had the EXACT same issue with Maestro. The shop that did the flash trouble shot my car for weeks, the issue was never resolved so I junked the pos Maestro tune and went standalone like I should of in the first place. I am interested to see what the issue was when you get yours all figured out.

The car would start and idle a little high, but fine, up until it warmed up. then the A/F ratio would go insane, it would peg to holy richness, then go lean, like a roller coaster ride it just went up and down over and over until it would eventually die.

Things we did that did not solve the issue.

-new o2 sensors
-changed coolant temp sensor
-adjusted FPR to 2, 3, and 4 bar.
-MAF wires

AudiNFS
02-12-2012, 09:33 AM
I don't know much about BT builds, but maybe a 5 bar FPR? Sorry if that sounds dumb

guy022077
02-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear you are having issues. But I had the EXACT same issue with Maestro. The shop that did the flash trouble shot my car for weeks, the issue was never resolved so I junked the pos Maestro tune and went standalone like I should of in the first place. I am interested to see what the issue was when you get yours all figured out.

The car would start and idle a little high, but fine, up until it warmed up. then the A/F ratio would go insane, it would peg to holy richness, then go lean, like a roller coaster ride it just went up and down over and over until it would eventually die.

Things we did that did not solve the issue.

-new o2 sensors
-changed coolant temp sensor
-adjusted FPR to 2, 3, and 4 bar.
-MAF wires

this is what i keep coming across, it is making me quite sad, but i decided on maestro a long time ago, long before i read about these problems.
it seems to be fine for the me7 folks but so far i have not found what i am looking for in this software. i still have money left over if i do go SEM but i am moving to an emissions state and i have not done any research on SEM and emissions.

colony7
02-12-2012, 10:09 AM
i would replace that coolant temp sensor and see if it helps, theres a map you can edit called coolant temp vs timing and i believe theres another map that uses your coolant temp

ZimbutheMonkey
02-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Have you fiddled with the Alpha_N maps? If not try that first, then what about the battery voltage compensation? Finally, have you considered putting in the Bosch V8 S4 MAF. Also what has Chris Tapp had to say on the matter?

It's of some interest to me because I've been having the same issues as Morechowski. However, unlike his, mine worked flawlessly with the stock TB. It only started with the VR6 (I'm DBC AEB) TB. What would happen is that the ECU was seeing too much air at idle, trying to correct by adding fuel, which raised the idle. Eventually it would reach the end of it's correction abilities at 1700 or so, stop dumping fuel and the idle would drop again to 1000 and repeat the process. I got around it by dropping the battery compensation. However, it's kind of a stop-gap solution because it still idles around 1500 RPM and it idles lean. But as soon as I go into any sort of load I go back to Stoich.

Anyway, the Alpha_N values should be your first stop. I have a buddy who owned a shop that did a lot of tuning with Eurodyne (he even wrote the old 1000CC ID file for Chris) and he said that it was common for the bouncing idle to occur until you adjusted the Alpha_N.

guy022077
02-13-2012, 05:23 PM
getting bosch maf instead of hitachi
changing CTS

ill update when parts arrive and are installed.
should i keep the 4 inch housing or use the stock bosch housing?

Urtorsen
02-13-2012, 05:40 PM
If several people are having the same issue why doesnt C.Tapp get to it on sorting it out???Its wrong to can the maestro for AEB before he gets a chance to sort it all out. Or is it that he hasn't been told of said issues and theres no customer service??

guy022077
02-13-2012, 05:51 PM
If several people are having the same issue why doesnt C.Tapp get to it on sorting it out???Its wrong to can the maestro for AEB before he gets a chance to sort it all out. Or is it that he hasn't been told of said issues and theres no customer service??

im not sure it is his responsibility to get my car running, or is it? i am switching out the parts that VAGCOM said were broke. if when i am sure all of my cars components are sound i will contact Tapp for some info. i would like the car to be drive-able when it goes to the tuner. the entire point of maestro was to allow me to make changes, maybe it's too much to expect it to run right out of the box.

morzechowski
02-13-2012, 05:53 PM
deleted.

Urtorsen
02-13-2012, 06:10 PM
It's alot of $$ for standalone and getting somebody (local )who can set shit up ,and alter it when needed, is tough. I cant imagine that it can take those people (that have such a good rep )all that long to sit down and smooth it all out for 1 customer so others can follow. They can pick up whatever potential customers are out there lurking and mend any other customer relations in doing so! Makes no sense?

guy022077
02-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Unplugging maf didnt change anything. New bosch going in to replace hitachi, new CTS done. Alpha n had no noticeable effect.

ZimbutheMonkey
02-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Well, if you unplugged the MAF and nothing changed, that's probably a good indication that the MAF isn't providing any signal to the ECU. If it was working properly then your idle would have changed as the ECU went to it's default limp maps.

guy022077
02-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I'll check my wiring, I did get a reading on vag when I scanned the maf block. I assumed if I got something that sensor had to be doing something.

guy022077
02-25-2012, 12:22 PM
well new maf installed, car has same condition just happens much faster, car no longer idles... it starts goes lean almost immediately and stalls. i was hoping to drive it before i got it tuned but i guess RAI gets to deal with it now.

ZimbutheMonkey
02-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Fuuuukkk that sucks, but at least you've eliminated a variable. Besides, once you've got the problem figured out, it'll probably be easier to dial it in on the MAF that the file was written for.

guy022077
02-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Fuuuukkk that sucks, but at least you've eliminated a variable. Besides, once you've got the problem figured out, it'll probably be easier to dial it in on the MAF that the file was written for.

true but i dont know what hardware to trouble shoot now. i have no cel and the only code is for n75 which i thought would be deleted by maestro.
i just hope RAI can sort it out. i was hoping someone would lend me their running 870 file but ive found nobody with one that isnt on e85.

Mr.Audi
02-26-2012, 11:21 AM
you ordered the kit from R.A.I?

how much are they charging you to trouble shoot it..?

guy022077
02-26-2012, 11:30 AM
you ordered the kit from R.A.I?

how much are they charging you to trouble shoot it..?
No i did not, i am moving to nova and will have them do the fine tuning.

slukepunk
08-16-2012, 07:21 AM
6month bump!

I am having the same issues with running 870cc deka injectors on eurodyne's 830cc file. I have altered the tune in all different areas (BVC, Alpha_N, Main fuel map) to get it to idle and not crap out after the throttle is touched. No success!

Guy022077 did your tuner have any success settling out your issues?

Just a side note, I am running a fully built engine, gt35 and IE cams. I switiched over to the 440cc tune and injectors and the car ran and idled fine but when I was on the 870s couldn't even get it to idle correctly. SO that leaves me to faulty injectors or maf, or crappy 830 tune.

guy022077
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
car is in storage, never made it to tuner, not sure when ill get back to it.

lorge1989
09-21-2013, 05:39 AM
Bump again. Having a similar issue. Car starts and idles well, maybe a bit low. If I don't massage the throttle right coming off of idle it will stall. Also its common for the car to stall if I pull it out of gear and let the revs drop freely.

AEB with a stock DBC throttle body and a chris tapp 870cc tune. Not maestro. Thoughts? (Besides a vacuum leak?)