PDA

View Full Version : Narrowband to wideband

doubleu8
02-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Who here is running a wideband conversion from raceline?

http://www.raceline-ws.com/shop/specialized-harness

I am thinking about doing this for my AEB and wondering who has real world experience with it.

walky_talky20
02-06-2012, 08:38 AM
I'm quite certain this wideband upgrade is only applicable for 2000 model year ATW engine code. It is drive-by-wire, but still narrowband. This makes it easily upgradeable to ME7 by just swapping the primary O2 sensor, the ecu, and adding a couple wires to the harness (ie: what this conversion kit is doing). The AEB is not drive-by-wire, so it would require much more modification to make it happen.

un1ko
02-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Who here is running a wideband conversion from raceline?

http://www.raceline-ws.com/shop/specialized-harness

I am thinking about doing this for my AEB and wondering who has real world experience with it.

Like walky_talky20 said - That's not going to work. I wish it was that easy, since I'm in the middle of doing the conversion myself AEB to AWM. You can either buy the 034 Standolone or go the route I did. I got all the Engine wiring harness, the interior wiring harness and the dash wiring harness. You'll need to change the gas pedal, there other things that I can't think off the top of my head. Just since I'm going though this, I think if you're not going to go with a crazy build. I'd say to not go this route, either sell your car and buy a 01 AWM or just get a good tune with the proper MAF and injectors and you'll be fine. This is just my 2 cents

doubleu8
02-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Like walky_talky20 said - That's not going to work. I wish it was that easy, since I'm in the middle of doing the conversion myself AEB to AWM. You can either buy the 034 Standolone or go the route I did. I got all the Engine wiring harness, the interior wiring harness and the dash wiring harness. You'll need to change the gas pedal, there other things that I can't think off the top of my head. Just since I'm going though this, I think if you're not going to go with a crazy build. I'd say to not go this route, either sell your car and buy a 01 AWM or just get a good tune with the proper MAF and injectors and you'll be fine. This is just my 2 cents

Thank you for the replies. I spoke with raceline today and confirmed that I cannot change over without major updating like you are doing.
I'm not interested in doing those things, so it's just going to be a tune for the AEB.