PDA

View Full Version : tire question

piTTsburgher
04-25-2005, 05:39 PM
time to but tires again, and i could use some feedback.

last summer i had cooper z-something and they wore too quickly (though i do drive a lot). the summer before that i had p6000s and they were great but too expensive. right now im still running my winter tires--blizzaks. i wasnt too impressed with them and the other day during a good rain i was rounding a moderate corner at about 65 and slid out in a 180, almost hitting the guardrail. one tire was underinflated, but it still scared the s#!t out of me and forced me to buy tires ASAP.

not wanting to sacrifice handling, needing good dry AND wet traction, and being mindful of price im looking at the kumho ECSTA ASX (ultra high performance all seasons). appear to be good fit and what i need. any experience with these? or suggestions of similar tires?

Hutash
04-26-2005, 09:47 AM
I had ecstas on my wifes S80 volvo and had two tire failures, plus poor wear. I now use continental extreme contacts on her car all year, and on my TT most of the year, and switch to michellins when I want super grip and on track days. I have been very happy with the conti's, good ride, wear, noise level, but not nearly as grippy as my summer tires.

piTTsburgher
04-26-2005, 06:00 PM
thanks for the info

EVIL-AUDI
04-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey Happy Bday bro.

piTTsburgher
04-29-2005, 05:48 PM
thanks. i feel the age hitting me--26. i was realing dragging when i got out of bed yesterday morning.