PDA

View Full Version : 2000 A4 Radio mounting kit

tkoaudi
04-22-2005, 02:57 PM
I cant seem to find a radio mounting kit for my 00 A4. I'm pretty sure they dont make one... but my question is this. I talked to the dealership and they said removing the radio from the car would result in elextronical mishaps. Like memory mirrors will not work, alarm might not work, etc. They said the radio completes a circuit, does anyone have a custom radio in their car and have any problems with it or are they lieing to me? [confused]

Burntaudi
04-22-2005, 03:35 PM
That's a bunch of crap you can put aftermarket in there without a problem and as far as a mounting kit you are correct there isn't one....custom is your only option.

tkoaudi
04-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah I'm gonna have to send it to a shop for them to do it... I tried buying a A6 mounting kit cause they seem to have the same radios. I just cant believe they dont make one for the 00 but every other year >=|

tkoaudi
04-22-2005, 04:30 PM
I actually just found a radio mounting kit for an 00 audi a4. I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw it. [:D]

http://www.scosche.com/scosche.aspx?CategoryID=5&ItemID=AU2390B

CiNcRoN
04-22-2005, 04:47 PM
You know I have a 2001 A4 and i have the same problem I ordered 3 kits already and taken them back no one makes a kit that fits perfectly and im still trying to get a refund for this last kit, the damm dealer is acting shady. Beware on what you buy. Most places have all sales final when they special order it, then just to find out it don't fit blows.
Also on that site you can't buy directly from them you have to special order it from an authorized dealer.
Tired of the bs so Im gonna go with custom made kit if i ever get a refund.
Oh the A6 kit seems to be the closest to the 2001 A4 its just off by the tabs but fits very close everywhere else.
The kit shown on that schosche site was too tall and too narrow Part Number: AU2390B
2000-UP AUDI A4 PKT KIT
so heads up.

tkoaudi
04-22-2005, 04:50 PM
you could be right... im just getting my hopes up. but there is a dealer 7 miles from here who can sell me the part so i might take a run over there some time soon and check it out.

nikegil
04-23-2005, 10:54 AM
damn, so that scoche one doesn't fit?..i like the idea of having something under the radio, like the shelf

2K1Quattro
04-23-2005, 11:14 AM
I've got a few kits being made for my 01 dash. Fibreglass, with a DIN slot at the top and guage pod for my boost guage and A/F guage in the bottom half. I will post pictures as soon as its complete. Should be a week or two as the entire stereo in the car is being done and spare time doesn't seem to be too plentyfull.

Ryan

derek2079
04-23-2005, 03:32 PM
ill bet anyone $50 that the scoche one wont fit

any takers?

schmieg007@gmail.com is my paypal ;)