PDA

View Full Version : A Borla Conspiracy

PDRaudi
04-22-2005, 02:29 PM
I've got some crazy friend that says the Greddy Exhaust is by far more superior than the Borla Exhaust. He basis his comments upon the "fact" that greddy has bolts but borla has clamps. He also says that the Borla has exhaust leaks and thereofre is the lesser of the two. Is this right? I don't have a borla or a greddy, but I want the borla.

i need some hardcore proof for him to shut the **** up

EC Motorwerks
04-22-2005, 02:32 PM
He could have talked to someone that had a bad install or just a bad exhaust. What vehicle does he have etc etc?

EVIL-AUDI
04-22-2005, 02:37 PM
It's all a matter of preference, but I wouldn't be caught dead with that greddy exhaust on my car.

OverSpun
04-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by EVIL-AUDI
It's all a matter of preference, but I wouldn't be caught dead with that greddy exhaust on my car.

agreed. i had the borla and it OWNED.

derek2079
04-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by PDRaudi
I've got some crazy friend that says the Greddy Exhaust is by far more superior than the Borla Exhaust. He basis his comments upon the "fact" that greddy has bolts but borla has clamps. He also says that the Borla has exhaust leaks and thereofre is the lesser of the two. Is this right? I don't have a borla or a greddy, but I want the borla.

i need some hardcore proof for him to shut the **** up

sounds like some idiot who will try and tell you audivox is the best television and will try and give you facts to back it up

STKSKI
04-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Borla comes with a downpipe, greddy doesnt, aka borla will give you performance for a good deal, while greddy will just make your car loud for the same price. Thats all that matters really. Anyway the borla tips are 10x's nicer.

ianlionzion
04-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by EVIL-AUDI

niether would I. not a fan of their tips.

I say get the Borla, it comes with a downpipe and a reputable tuner like AWE endorses it.

Leave the Greddy for Japanese cars.

EVIL-AUDI
04-22-2005, 03:58 PM
^^ Exactly ^^

AB18
04-22-2005, 06:49 PM
I never knew the borla had clamps. I kinda did think the 2.25 was a lil on the small side tho.

Ben@SpeedBarn
04-22-2005, 08:17 PM
So the greddy bolts together at all of the connections with a flange? Wouldn't that catch on everything if you are lowered? I had the borla with no leaks and it fit great. I thought the only choices in an exhaust was either clamp it or weld it...not bolt it.

2.25 is fine for k04 and smaller.

TomRitt18944
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Yea borla has clamps but they are all slip joints so they do not leak. Also I'd prefer borla over greddy quality anyday

DroO587
04-22-2005, 09:52 PM
before my i got my exhaust my local tuner shop recommended Greddy. I asked them if they can order Borla...and he goes get GREDDY!!!! he said he never even heard of borla on a a4, anyways i went with my choice the borla, and im glad i did.

PDRaudi
04-23-2005, 03:52 PM
BORLA FOR A4, im not really for greddy
its more honda anyways

he has a s2000

drlandry00
04-24-2005, 07:59 AM
these men have never spoken truer words.. Borla is the exhaust for the GODS.. And you buddy there is a dueshbag for thinking that a performance tuned exhaust like borla and their many hours of resurch on their exhaust systems would make a product that would have less superior slip joints and clamps then a Rice product like Greddy.. Go Borla and OWN your friend...

PDRaudi
04-24-2005, 11:05 AM
i will
just as soon as i get enough money to make the baddest tip ever
and well, lighten my car about 300 lbs
hes got a s2000 with ITB's and some other goodies

bjaro5187
04-24-2005, 12:36 PM
In Defeanse of the GReddy system:

The greddy system sounds great. I love the deep throaty sound it makes and that you can hear the backfire when you let off the gas. It definately lets people know that you have an aftermarket exhaust.

The tip is something that grows on you. Its a matter of having something not many other people have and it actually fits the car surprisingly well. The tip also has a GReddy embossed into it which looks nice.

The quality and fitment are A+. The GReddy system slid right into position, doesnt rattle, and had very nice welds on the system. It is all stainless steel and 2.5in so it is slightly larger then the borla. The finish is also great. Powdercoated pipe with a polished muffler.

I definately like the GReddy system a lot and if your interested in one I have one in the classifieds that I unfortunately have to part with.

BoostTed
04-24-2005, 01:02 PM
wow you guys amaze me. I've had the Nuespeed/borla exhuast and seen a Greddy. The welds on the greddy are far superiour than the Borla. Didnt go with the greddy because 1. didnt like the tips and 2. didnt come with a downpipe. But hell the downpipe on my neuspeed/borla broke and had to buy a new one anyways. Apprently thats a pretty common problem according. Why are you guys so closed minded?

AB18
04-24-2005, 01:26 PM
I like the sound of borla alot, i just never new it was a slip one.

drlandry00
04-24-2005, 01:27 PM
I dont think it is a matter of being closed minded, It is a matter of just telling PDRaudi what our opinions are, in defense to what his friend said about the Borla. No where did we say that the Greddy was junk, we just stated that the Borla was not as cheap and poorly designed as his friend seems to think. A lot of people on this forum has Borla and love them. Some also have the Greddy and love them. We are not saying one is better than the other. Some just dont like the tip on the greddy, or the different exhuast tone. Simply said.. Also the Borla does come with a downpipe where as the Greddy does not. So you get alittle more exhaust for your money. Granted you could get a DP for the Greddy. This just comes down to personal preference and sticking up for Borla against his ignorant friend.

AB18
04-24-2005, 01:33 PM
yeah, I kinda think his friend got that from the kinda small diamter piping(which is fine on these cars) and the slip joints, where ass greddy is welded. I personally would choose borla any day.

Audimarc
04-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Borla sounds great, but honestly, I am more of a fan of the REMUS set-up...

bjaro5187
04-24-2005, 02:28 PM
The GReddy IMO sounds meaner then the Borla system. The fact that the borla system is more expensive then the Greddy system makes up for the fact that the Greddy does not come with a downpipe.

If your looking for a mean sounding exhaust to get you noticed pick up a GReddy. You can always buy a downpipe, and I feel that the quality of the GReddy is superior to borla.

For the people knocking GReddy as a rice product, you are being close minded. GReddy makes very high quality products and we should be glad that they are making exhausts for our cars. No one bashes Neuspeed for doing honda/acura along with audi/vw. Its all the same difference.

It all comes down to financial situation and preferance. The tips on the Greddy keep most people away from it but if you want the louder sound you can always change out the tips. It comes down to the fact of;
GReddy
1. Larger Piping (2.5)
2. Slightly Louder/Deeper
3. Slip Joint Back
4. Stainless Steel

Borla
1. Smaller piping (2.25)
2. Not as loud
3. Cat back (comes with a downpipe)
4. Stainless Steel

awahl63
04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
There is no need for anything larger than 2.25 for the tiny lil KO3

bitterchild
04-24-2005, 04:58 PM
There is no need for anything smaller than a T28

quattroanillos5
04-25-2005, 05:36 AM
for me it was just a case of simple mathmatics.... exhaust and down pipe for around $600..... or just an exhaust for for same money..... I've hadmy borla on now for almost two years and i love the way it sounds and looks....

kam1200
04-25-2005, 11:06 AM
I have to agree with Boosted on this one.

Having been an owner of serveral Greddy products n the past, including Greddy and even TRUST (old school Greddy) exahust in my previous cars, I can attest that GREDDY productin is top notch. Period.

Borla is a little loud for my tastes, but the Greddy tips on an A4 is butt-ugly. Downpipe or not...

With that said, I'd prefer the borla on the A4 as well.... but but you can't knock greddy on their production quality.

RAyala2.7T
04-25-2005, 11:21 AM
The Greddy website says that its 60mm piping and cost 689. No downpipe.

AWE Tuning states Borla is 2.25" but with downpipe for 689.

Greddy is slightly larger(comes out to around 2.36").

I personally went with Neuspeed since its basically the same thing as Borla except it starts out at 60mm downpipe back and extends to 70mm by the axle. And I also got it for 629.

Just number crunching. No opinions involved.

Hassmeister
04-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Borla Rules/Owns and whatever!

2.25 or 2.50 work great on our cars modded or not [up]

3.0 or bigger shows no appreciable gains... just makes more noise!

jrodmk2
04-25-2005, 12:40 PM
how much is the miltek now? i have that one and love it. downpipe and all this thing stays flush with thte bumper at all times. it may very well be too quiet for most though.

2 cents