PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch time

Svavr6
04-22-2005, 12:36 PM
So about a week ago i was having problems shifting into first than reverse, and the answer is cracked pressure plate not compressing clutch all the way. So it looks like I will be spending a weekend install a new clutch, fly wheel and pressure plate I can’t wait for all the fun.

Let’s recap parts I have tossed at the car since taking ownership.

Front brakes $410 set of 996 rotors Pads free-labor 4hrs. (Blood sweat)

Rear brakes freebie 1.5hrs labor with rotors

Rims and tires $1,500 not much labor

Exhaust resonator Props To Jeremy

Headlight leaking water Epoxy 3hrs labor.

Used Audi cloth sport seats $400 labor 2 hrs with cleaning

One boost gauge labor 15 mins

So if anyone is looking for one of the fastest A4 on the east coast 14k she’s yours. I don’t know if I am selling this car or just venting about the clutch.
Audi’s are just allot of work no matter how you cut it, Like I said before it cost allot of money to go fast!
[wrench]

jones3000
04-22-2005, 03:55 PM
That's why my goal is just to keep her out of the shop and looking good. I'll let you guys have all the fun going fast, getting all the speeding tickets, and throwing thousands into your car for mods and repairs. Not knocking anyone though, just that my priorities are not in my car right now.

EVIL-AUDI
04-22-2005, 03:58 PM
You know you can't sell. MKGIY isn't ready yet to take her back.

mike-2ptzero
04-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Svavr6
So about a week ago i was having problems shifting into first than reverse, and the answer is cracked pressure plate not compressing clutch all the way. So it looks like I will be spending a weekend install a new clutch, fly wheel and pressure plate I can’t wait for all the fun.

Let’s recap parts I have tossed at the car since taking ownership.

Front brakes $410 set of 996 rotors Pads free-labor 4hrs. (Blood sweat)

Rear brakes freebie 1.5hrs labor with rotors

Rims and tires $1,500 not much labor

Exhaust resonator Props To Jeremy

Headlight leaking water Epoxy 3hrs labor.

Used Audi cloth sport seats $400 labor 2 hrs with cleaning

One boost gauge labor 15 mins

So if anyone is looking for one of the fastest A4 on the east coast 14k she’s yours. I don’t know if I am selling this car or just venting about the clutch.
Audi’s are just allot of work no matter how you cut it, Like I said before it cost allot of money to go fast!
[wrench]

I guess you need a real clutch to hold the power or you will just end up with another dead clutch.

EuroA4
04-22-2005, 07:29 PM
don't worry bro...i'll take the rs4 bumper, and fmic off your hands if you need to sell parts to pay for the repairs :) j/k you know i'll be busting knuckles trying to get her fixed!

Svavr6
04-23-2005, 07:03 AM
QUOTE]That's why my goal is just to keep her out of the shop and looking good. I'll let you guys have all the fun going fast, getting all the speeding tickets, and throwing thousands into your car for mods and repairs. Not knocking anyone though, just that my priorities are not in my car right now.[/QUOTE]

B5ghost you look far from stock so im not really understanding your post.

I have to say that even with all the headaches you get with a tunned car you still have way more fun in it than if you had stock ride. When an sti rolls up on you the highway and you rip the doors off him in 5th gear and he tosses you the thumbs up it's all worth it. Everyone on this forum knows that even with a stock Audi you still have to pay to keep it running.

bitterchild
04-23-2005, 10:39 AM
I'll buy it for $14k