PDA

View Full Version : Here's a fun problem... video inside

SS92
11-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Background: I've had a weird blip going on the past few days, where when traveling or at idle I would see a slight increase in vac and the car would almost... misfire? It normally happened in 2nd or going from 1st gear at idle at stoplights and would hesitate but has also happened when going down the highway at 70 or cruising home doing 40 in 4th.... Very random. Whenever the car hesitated, I would hear a loud click or pop coming from behind the dash, by the tach. Sounds like a relay switching or something. I have no codes, neither vag or obd but I will re-scan in the morning and post the log (I have a ABS code that's it, because mine is fucked) and no vac leaks as of Sunday which was after this started that I can locate.
Recently replaced the CTS, that isn't it. Replaced a few vac leaking hoses as well.

Anyways, wondering what this could be? Anything I can do in vag com? Monitor anything in the banks to rule it out?

Enjoy the vid... I am aware you can't hear much if anything, but it gives you an idea of what I'm looking at. Also aware the camera was upsidedown, was distracted. I hope you can hear the click.

http://youtu.be/jlK2d02AhyI

TIA for any help. Couldn't find anything like this when I searched.

SS92
11-30-2011, 08:56 PM
http://files.shroomery.org/files/11-13/151187295-BUMPboobs1202556859.gif
Read a little bit about the fuel pump relay, might be my culprit but I don't have ETKA installed and cant figure out where its at. Wonder if I can test the relay itself to see if it's faulty. No boost leaks, and no codes. Going to keep the laptop in the car and see if any intermittent ones pop up next time it hesitates.

FNK
12-01-2011, 06:08 AM
I'm thinking vacuum leak.
It control the A/F mixture as the rpm change, so thoses "blip" can be a leak then cause a lean out. The clip/pop behind your dash, at first, appear to be a knock simply put. A lean condition will cause knocks. A severe knock can spun a rod bearing. Find that leak!

Using VAG-COM, Log the group 020, or is it 021, it's the timing pull. Those rpm drop can be monitored there as timing pull.