PDA

View Full Version : See these k04 eliminators

soupie69uk
04-19-2005, 03:20 PM
I know most of you have seen this page
GT28RS Direct fit (http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release041205.htm)
but what other parts will be needed and i wonder what parts will be included with the turbo?

I was thinking about buying this after the summer and buying the kinetic manifold just now and a front mount ic.

I think this kit looks pretty good and it means i can do some other little mods over the summer.

I guess the other bits i would need will be injectors and hoses and oil and coolant lines. (maybe the hoses and lines will come with it??)

Oh yeah and software.

Comments very welcome,
Cheers

bitterchild
04-19-2005, 03:37 PM
hoses and lines will not come w/ it. There are a few fittings you will need as well. ATP stocks them all, you should really call and ask them for everything you need. It would really be a bummer to have parts shipped to scotland and be pissing an oil return flange or something. Too bad ATP is understaffed in the customer service department. You may need a new exhaust. From what I see the bolt pattern is the same but the location might not be. It should being as it's a direct replacement but always check w/ ATP first. Details are the most annoying little buggers

EVIL-AUDI
04-19-2005, 03:39 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44910

drlandry00
04-19-2005, 03:45 PM
evil you have a pm...

EVIL-AUDI
04-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Replied

continue

trakkstar
04-19-2005, 04:16 PM
well i called em and the kit is gonna be around 1500 that includes all lines turbo inlet. now what isnt included is injectors fuel pump 3" maf and tuning. they do have tuning though 90 bux but everyone will tell it sucks although tom ritt has it and he has put some decent numbers down for a 90 dollar tune

OutkastSL
04-19-2005, 04:21 PM
yeah...their customer service sucks...lol. i just called earlier today and they told me they can't tell me anything about the kit.

Enclave
04-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by bitterchild
hoses and lines will not come w/ it. There are a few fittings you will need as well. ATP stocks them all, you should really call and ask them for everything you need. It would really be a bummer to have parts shipped to scotland and be pissing an oil return flange or something. Too bad ATP is understaffed in the customer service department. You may need a new exhaust. From what I see the bolt pattern is the same but the location might not be. It should being as it's a direct replacement but always check w/ ATP first. Details are the most annoying little buggers

Since this is their own custom housing I believe they will use the OEM coolant/oil lines.

trakkstar
04-19-2005, 05:13 PM
nope they said only the oil lines. haha i feel special

Enclave
04-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by trakkstar
nope they said only the oil lines. haha i feel special

You only need new oil lines or only the oem oil lines work for it?

The GT series turbo need a oil restrictor so maybe that is why they would need new ones.

Enclave
04-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by trakkstar
well i called em and the kit is gonna be around 1500 that includes all lines turbo inlet. now what isnt included is injectors fuel pump 3" maf and tuning. they do have tuning though 90 bux but everyone will tell it sucks although tom ritt has it and he has put some decent numbers down for a 90 dollar tune

Their ndbw software works well. They have 3 in house ndbw cars so they have had alot of experience playing with the ndbw ecu code.

bitterchild
04-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Enclave
You only need new oil lines or only the oem oil lines work for it?

The GT series turbo need a oil restrictor so maybe that is why they would need new ones.

ALWAYS replace the oil feed line. The stock one has a bend that catches sludge like noones business. The ball bearing GT turbos will absolutely die the instant there is low oil pressure. Besides you can replace the old bend w/ a 45 degree bend.

soupie69uk
04-20-2005, 02:04 AM
Ok guys thanks for your advise.

marcini
04-20-2005, 06:30 AM
could anybody who already has the kit give out all the needed right parts and their part #'s, so we would know what parts to get

thanks

trakkstar
04-20-2005, 06:45 AM
this kit hasnt been released yet. not until the begining of may

marcini
04-20-2005, 06:56 AM
GT28RS Direct fit (http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release041205.htm)

since this is direct bolt on, could someone explain to me how is that gonna put out 250-400hp with the stock exhaust manifold???

mike-2ptzero
04-20-2005, 08:02 AM
How are they doing to fit a 3" inlet tube to the turbo if the turbo is mounted to the stock manifold and since the GT28 compressor housing is larger that means it should sit further forward causing even less room between it and the fan. Anyone have pics of this setup actually installed?

TomRitt18944
04-20-2005, 08:12 AM
Yea I'd love to see that, I have problems with my set-up's intake fitment, I can't imagine if it was in the stock location

bitterchild
04-20-2005, 09:57 AM
it looks like they might have use their gt28rs guts in the gt28r package dillyo