PDA

View Full Version : Another K04 Q?

BuffysRS4
04-18-2005, 11:01 PM
[rs4] So I finally get my car back from the shop from going under the knife so to speak, and I have a question.

I got my K04 installed but it feels like it surges on acceleration. When I step on the gas it feels like it's starving for gas and then all of a sudden I get thrown back in my seat. Anyone know what might be happening? Could I be running lean? I'm going to call my tuner up tomorrow and ask what my be happening but thought someone might have had a similar experience with their K04 install. I got 310cc red top injectors, 5bar fpr running a Wett K04 program.

trakkstar
04-19-2005, 04:04 AM
ud throw a cel if u were runing lean....ive been havin this this prob but thats bc im runing a 3" maf

clconversion
04-19-2005, 05:05 AM
shouldn't u be using a adjustable FPR with the injectors this is what i've been told in the past

quickglx
04-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Yeah I think it's supposed to be around 3.7 bar or something like that... Is your program designed for bigger injectors?

marcini
04-19-2005, 07:41 AM
dude you cant be running 310cc's and 5bar fpr, I'll bet $100 that if you vag that thing right now you will see running rich dtc,

if you running 5bar fpr then get rid off the 310ccs and throw in the stock injectors and you'll be fine, i'm not sure what the Wett ko4 software is written for, enlighten us a little

BuffysRS4
04-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by marcini
dude you cant be running 310cc's and 5bar fpr, I'll bet $100 that if you vag that thing right now you will see running rich dtc,

if you running 5bar fpr then get rid off the 310ccs and throw in the stock injectors and you'll be fine, i'm not sure what the Wett ko4 software is written for, enlighten us a little

[rs4] you may be right, I'm thinking along the same lines that I'm either running rich or lean, I haven't had a chance to VAG the car yet (got home @ 9 yesterday and didn't want to miss 24 but when I get from work [:D] ), so I didn't drive the car to work today but when I get home after work I'll plug in my VAG-COM and pull the code I got.

But from discussions with Wetterauer techs in Germany, bigger injectors was the way to go but I was thinking that the fpr might be the culprit. If it is I'll swap that out and put the stock one back in.

But I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the sound of the K04 spooling.[up]

OutkastSL
04-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by BuffysRS4
[rs4]
When I step on the gas it feels like it's starving for gas and then all of a sudden I get thrown back in my seat

welcome to the wonderful world of the k04. that's how mine is...boost hits at 3000rpms and WHAM!!! you get tossed into your seat.

also, you are running rich right now with the 310cc injectors and 5bar. i dunno anything about the wett software, but for my giac, you are either supposed to run a 5 bar w/ stock injectors or around 3.7 bar with 310cc.

bitterchild
04-19-2005, 01:49 PM
you are running rich. the red tops are usually 4 bar w/ k04 programming.

AB18
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah, the ko4 spool isnt exactly the smoothest, your problem is the 5bar with the bigger injectors, who told u to do that?

Burntaudi
04-19-2005, 03:19 PM
You need to dump the 5 bar...that is way to much fuel for a K04 W/310cc injectors.

greenmachine
04-25-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm doing some research right now about k04 and injector sizing.

I'm running the k04 on my AEB motor with GIAC 92 or 93 octane software. I'm also running the stock 4 bar fpr with the stock 210cc injectors.

Based on what was said in this thread it seems like if I keep the 4 bar fpr, 310 cc injectors would be plently adiquite for my application.

Does the TT 225 able to run the 387cc injectors because their is a different fpr?? -I was thinking of going that large of an injector, but based again what was said here (with a 4 bar), that would be to much fuel also??

Keep the good info coming!!

Thanks[up]

trakkstar
04-25-2005, 10:12 AM
get a bigger maf if u wanna keep that fuel setup. i run audi tt injectors and 5 bar with a 3'' maf and run lean so im gettin bigger injectors still

G-low
04-25-2005, 03:22 PM
how do you find out if you are running lean or rich?
damn i need to learn how to use this VAG

Burntaudi
04-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by greenmachine
I'm doing some research right now about k04 and injector sizing.

I'm running the k04 on my AEB motor with GIAC 92 or 93 octane software. I'm also running the stock 4 bar fpr with the stock 210cc injectors.

Based on what was said in this thread it seems like if I keep the 4 bar fpr, 310 cc injectors would be plently adiquite for my application.

Does the TT 225 able to run the 387cc injectors because their is a different fpr?? -I was thinking of going that large of an injector, but based again what was said here (with a 4 bar), that would be to much fuel also??

Keep the good info coming!!

Thanks[up]

GIAC has a couple of different software files for AEB K04's
Option #1 is for stock injectors W/a 5 bar FPR.
Option #2 is for Bosch red top 310cc injectors this file is written for a 3 bar FPR (but works best with a adjustable FPR set 2.6-2.8 bar.

I would not do what your talking about W/4 bar and 310cc injectors you will burn rich.

OK TT 225...you cannot compare a AEB 1.8T W/K04 to a 225 TT. They are completely different motors. The K04, intake manifold, exhaust manifold,head, pistons...etc etc etc are all differnent.

greenmachine
04-25-2005, 06:23 PM
GIAC has a couple of different software files for AEB K04's
Option #1 is for stock injectors W/a 5 bar FPR.
Option #2 is for Bosch red top 310cc injectors this file is written for a 3 bar FPR (but works best with a adjustable FPR set 2.6-2.8 bar.

I would not do what your talking about W/4 bar and 310cc injectors you will burn rich.

OK TT 225...you cannot compare a AEB 1.8T W/K04 to a 225 TT. They are completely different motors. The K04, intake manifold, exhaust manifold,head, pistons...etc etc etc are all differnent.

Ok I see about the TT.

I bought the turbo and software second hand, the p.o. stated that he ran the stock injectors in his Audi A4. Sounds like the next logical step for me would be the 5 fpr w/ stock injectors.

I'm pretty pleased with the setup right now (4 bar w/ 210cc injectors), -the a/f guage reads plently of gas is already getting through.. I just thought 210s were pretty small for forced induction.